Michigan Allows Adoption Agents to Opt-Out of Adoption to Gay "Couples"

Do adoption agencies have a right to insist couples provide both a mother & father to children?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I didn't even read his claim, I thought it was funny you asked for "credentials" and he stuck it to you. But with that said homos have no business adopting children. That's all I have to say on the matter

You think that he stuck it to me?? Seriously? You and he deserve each other. There is more stupid and bigoted bovine excrement going on here than I can stand. You do not have a clue about what you're talking about. Do you have any idea how many children are already in the care of gay people and that many of them have been adopted? What sort of ignorant, irrational reasons do you have for opposing gay adoption? You can't just say idiotic crap like and think that you do not have to back it up. Do you think that people are supposed to just accept these appeals to fear and ignorance?

Settle down...you're going to stroke. Sheesh, are you gay or something?

I am not hardly having a stroke but I am passionate about children and get really pissed about this sort of thing. As to my sexual orientation.....that is not anyone's business unless they want to date me. Is that why you're asking?

Sorry bub, I'm happily married....with children....two adopted. :)

I wasn't really interested. I don't date Neanderthals and I'm happily married too. As far as children , it's been said that, in terms of their values, they either turn out just like the parents or the polar opposite. I hope, for the sake of your children, they are the opposite. That way, they will have a chance in the 21st century, enlightened world of evolving standards of human decency and a commitment to equality.

Sincerely, Bub

Well, Bub, one of them was Student Of The Year last school year, two are champion gymnasts and all of them rank in the top 5% of their respective classes, who knew a Neanderthal could be such a great parent....eh asshole?

You're all butt hurt because of my stance, learn some of that tolerance you dumb ass libturds bawl about

You think that he stuck it to me?? Seriously? You and he deserve each other. There is more stupid and bigoted bovine excrement going on here than I can stand. You do not have a clue about what you're talking about. Do you have any idea how many children are already in the care of gay people and that many of them have been adopted? What sort of ignorant, irrational reasons do you have for opposing gay adoption? You can't just say idiotic crap like and think that you do not have to back it up. Do you think that people are supposed to just accept these appeals to fear and ignorance?

I am not hardly having a stroke but I am passionate about children and get really pissed about this sort of thing. As to my sexual orientation.....that is not anyone's business unless they want to date me. Is that why you're asking?

I wasn't really interested. I don't date Neanderthals and I'm happily married too. As far as children , it's been said that, in terms of their values, they either turn out just like the parents or the polar opposite. I hope, for the sake of your children, they are the opposite. That way, they will have a chance in the 21st century, enlightened world of evolving standards of human decency and a commitment to equality.

Sincerely, Bub

Well, Bub, one of them was Student Of The Year last school year, two are champion gymnasts and all of them rank in the top 5% of their respective classes, who knew a Neanderthal could be such a great parent....eh asshole?

You're all butt hurt because of my stance, learn some of that tolerance you dumb ass libturds bawl about

We'll see how they do when they grow up. I have no tolerance for the intolerant. I would have you on ignore by now but you don't allow access to your profile page. I'll still ignore you though

Sincerely, Bub

We'll see how they do when they grow up. I have no tolerance for the intolerant. I would have you on ignore by now but you don't allow access to your profile page. I'll still ignore you though

I'm crushed, simply crushed. Whatever shall I do?

But on another note you can't ignore me? I wonder why....

Just curious. What other 'strings' do you think should be attached to government assistance?

Shall we say drug testing for those who receive welfare funding?

Good point. My point with this thread though is that it is NEVER OK to withold funds (food, clothing, shelter) from children, orphans, for ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. Anyone advocating that this be done is advocating holding children hostage and negligent child abuse. Such people are not fit to adopt children.

LGBT promoters here at USMB have proposed that this be done. That is unforgivable. The number of LGBT posters that have spoken up against this threat by other more outspoken LGBT promoters is "0". Zero. And that is speaking volumes about their community's regard for the wellbeing of kids in general...that and my signature photo.

We'll see how they do when they grow up. I have no tolerance for the intolerant.
Liberal's bow at the altar of tolerance.

Yet, they are the most intolerant people you will ever meet. ..... :cuckoo:

The Progtard Patriot has some issues going on, once liberalism infects the mind it's all downhill and soon you act and look like Harry Reid or Pelosi

Well, Leftism IS a Mental Disorder... so yeah.

Just curious. What other 'strings' do you think should be attached to government assistance?

Good point. My point with this thread though is that it is NEVER OK to withold funds (food, clothing, shelter) from children, orphans, for ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. Anyone advocating that this be done is advocating holding children hostage and negligent child abuse. Such people are not fit to adopt children.

LGBT promoters here at USMB have proposed that this be done. That is unforgivable. The number of LGBT posters that have spoken up against this threat by other more outspoken LGBT promoters is "0". Zero. And that is speaking volumes about their community's regard for the wellbeing of kids in general...that and my signature photo.

Really......so if an orphanage was found to have abused children, you think they should continue to get funds? If an orphanage was found to be embezzling money, they should still get funds? If an orphanage refused to let Asians adopt, or Jews adopt, or Republicans adopt, they should continue to get funds?

Your argument is now that adoption agencies and orphanages are outside the bounds of the law? :lmao:

Really......so if an orphanage was found to have abused children, you think they should continue to get funds? If an orphanage was found to be embezzling money, they should still get funds? If an orphanage refused to let Asians adopt, or Jews adopt, or Republicans adopt, they should continue to get funds?
Your argument is now that adoption agencies and orphanages are outside the bounds of the law? :lmao:
The question is that if an orphanage HASN'T abused children their funds should not be cut. Some would consider placing them in deviant sex couple homes sans a mother or a father is a form of abuse. So what you're saying is that if an orphange places a child in a gay home, they should stop receiving funds?

The answer is children should never be deprived of funding. If someone is abusing them at an orphanage, that person is fired and prosecuted. The orphanage itself must never stop receiving funds.

And another strawman is seamlessly inserted into the conversation, to divert...

Strawman? You said, "it is NEVER OK to withold funds (food, clothing, shelter) from children, orphans, for ANY REASON WHATSOEVER". You are the one who created the entire narrative that withholding funds from organizations that refuse to comply with the law is wrong. I'm sorry if that logic is unpalatable to you when someone else uses it. ;)

The question is that if an orphanage HASN'T abused children their funds should not be cut. Some would consider placing them in deviant sex couple homes sans a mother or a father is a form of abuse. So what you're saying is that if an orphange places a child in a gay home, they should stop receiving funds?

The answer is children should never be deprived of funding. If someone is abusing them at an orphanage, that person is fired and prosecuted. The orphanage itself must never stop receiving funds.

And if the abuse is systemic? If the organization is riddled with corruption? Do you think there is only one orphanage or adoption agency in the country and that not giving them government funds will leave all parentless children on the streets?

Your argument continues to hinge on the idea that orphanages and adoption agencies are somehow outside the law.

Oh, and your description of gay couples as deviant sex couples is not one that the courts seem to agree with.

What a lovely straw argument.

I tell ya kids... these cranks are going over the intellectual edge like lemmings.

And like lemmings... it is a sight to see.

As long as those agencies don't receive any federal funding. :smile:
So you're willing to use money as a club to force adoption agencies to disgorge their vulnerable orphans to a cult whose messiah is a guy who sodomized vulnerable orphans boys?

Are you listening SCOTUS? You realize such blackmail will only hurt children. Our country will not be forced to surrender children to your cult members....under the threat of hurting children if we don't...

No federal funding allowed for those that insist on discriminating. Now, discriminate all you want as long as you're a private organization.
How is this discrimination?

Denying same sex couples the ability to adopt due to religious reasons.

You can do that. You just can't do that with federal funding. Nor should you be able to.

It's a waste of tax payer money. Every state that has instituted it has found the same:

Tennessee:

Four people were turned down because they refused to participate in any part of the drug screening process. Six other people willingly submitted to a drug test, and one tested positive. Officials with the Department of Human Services say they are making contact with that applicant for further action — which could include referral to a drug treatment program as a condition of receiving benefits or disqualification if the person refuses.

The 10 people affected by the new rules are a small fraction of the 812 people who applied for Tennessee Families First cash assistance program since the measure took effect. The vast majority — 802 — passed the initial written drug screening.
New drug screening law knocks 4 off benefits list

Utah:

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah has spent more than $30,000 to screen welfare applicants for drug use since a new law went into effect a year ago, but only 12 people have tested positive, state figures show.

The data from August 2012 through July 2013 indicates the state spent almost $6,000 to give 4,730 applicants a written test. After 466 showed a likelihood of drug use, they were given drug tests at a total cost of more than $25,000, according to the Utah Department of Workforce Services, which administers welfare benefits and the tests.
Only 12 test positive in Utah welfare drug screening KSL.com

Florida:
Of the 4,086 applicants who scheduled drug tests while the law was enforced, 108 people, or 2.6 percent, failed, most often testing positive for marijuana. About 40 people scheduled tests but canceled them, according to the Department of Children and Families, which oversees Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, known as the TANF program.

The numbers, confirming previous estimates, show that taxpayers spent $118,140 to reimburse people for drug test costs, at an average of $35 per screening.

The state's net loss? $45,780.

"That's not counting attorneys and court fees and the thousands of hours of staff time it took to implement this policy," Newton said.

The law also didn't impact the number of people who applied for benefits.
Florida didn t save money by drug testing welfare recipients data shows Tampa Bay Times

And the others are all finding out the same thing.

The kicker in all of this is that studies that had been done before stated the same thing.

As long as those agencies don't receive any federal funding. :smile:
So you're willing to use money as a club to force adoption agencies to disgorge their vulnerable orphans to a cult whose messiah is a guy who sodomized vulnerable orphans boys?

Are you listening SCOTUS? You realize such blackmail will only hurt children. Our country will not be forced to surrender children to your cult members....under the threat of hurting children if we don't...

No federal funding allowed for those that insist on discriminating. Now, discriminate all you want as long as you're a private organization.
How is this discrimination?

Denying same sex couples the ability to adopt due to religious reasons.

You can do that. You just can't do that with federal funding. Nor should you be able to.

You seem to be terribly, terribly confused. What does welfare have to do with the topic of this thread?

You know, it's funny...this thread is also approaching 80% opposing gay marriage/adoption.

We keep seeing that turnout over and over and over. What is it with the 80% opposed thing anyway?

You know, it's funny...this thread is also approaching 80% opposing gay marriage/adoption.

We keep seeing that turnout over and over and over. What is it with the 80% opposed thing anyway?

Oh that's what was referred to in the Military as "The Shit-bird Principle", wherein the principle states: Within every collective 10% of those present are wholly counter productive to the purpose of the collective, with another 10% being crippled by such... with the productive potential of another 10% being moderately to slightly injured by the bottom 10%.

The secret to success is to never allow that 10% to get anywhere near leadership...

Of course the problem that we have in the US today and have had for sometime now is that the 30% of malcontents are now THE LEADERSHIP.

Nature requires that such circumstances are catastrophic and the odds of recovering from such are at best: Unlikely.

Why do you champion fudge packers and their perverted lifestyle? ..... :cool:

Why do you fantasize about 'fudge packers' so much?

Just your usual misinterpretation of the facts.

Forum List

Back