Militarization of Police- DHS

Most of these MRAPS were excessed by the military because they were no longer needed and offered to state and local law enforcement

The pentagon should honestly be audited for that. "They don't need it anymore" is their way of saying they're selling them so they can buy new ones through their friends corporations to profit and divvy up the doe.

•Pinky•

Hostage situation, sniper, suspected bomb.

Suppose there is a sniper in the Clock Tower who is pinning down citizens in an open area. An armored vehicle to rescue them would come in handy

Woman trapped by Charles Whitman the Texas Tower sniper.

Darehshori_1966_University_of_Texas.jg
Three men went up that tower and took him out.

How would an MRAP have helped in that situation?

Is there an MRAP Helicopter I don't know about?

See that woman cowering behind the light pole? An armored vehicle can be used to drive up and evacuate her

Darehshori_1966_University_of_Texas.jpg

So could a police car

•Pinky•

So the type of weapon a police force has determines whether or not it is a police state? I don't understand how a gun rights activist would prevent authorities from having the weapons of their choice. Also, if you believe in state's rights...why wouldn't you wan't a prepared and able police force?

That's the point. Why are liberals trying so hard to disarm us but trying to militarize the police at the same time? In the UK there are no gun rights and the police don't usually carry them which makes sense. Citizens can't have guns so cops have less guns. Here in America they want us to have no guns and the cops to have bigger guns. It's crazy

•Pinky•

An MRAP is not a gun

Are you complaining because you can't kill a cop if you want to?

Well that's just stupid. I don't want to kill cops. But I don't wants cops to kill me midst of some misguided power trip

•Pinky•

Three men went up that tower and took him out.

How would an MRAP have helped in that situation?

Is there an MRAP Helicopter I don't know about?

See that woman cowering behind the light pole? An armored vehicle can be used to drive up and evacuate her

Darehshori_1966_University_of_Texas.jpg

So could a police car

•Pinky•

You going to send in a cop in an unarmored police car while a sniper is firing down at him?

Do you like police widows?

Why wouldn't you want your police force to protect you?
The Police Force doesn't protect you. They're there to take the report of something that has ALREADY HAPPENED! That and write you tickets for Jay Walking.
From MRAPWiki:
Proponents, such as Sgt. Dan Downing of the Morgan County Sheriff's Department, when speaking to Fox said the unique mine resistant capability is important because of "[veterans] who are coming out of the military that have the ability and knowledge to build I.E.D.'s and to defeat law enforcement techniques."
Veterans don't have the knowledge to build I.E.D.'s., Terrorists do.

But as you can see, DHS is trying to say that Returning Veterans are the threat, the Terrorists. You know, the ones YOU cheer for and applaud when you see them in airports, shake their hands, buy them happy meals.

THOSE are the threats. And anyone standing NEAR THEM of course.
I've never heard that before. But if there is any substance to the stated DHS warning that returning vets represent a terrorist threat it would be an extremely depressing indication of how much America has changed in the past half century and how certain it is that its end is near. Because a country that needs to worry about the loyalty of its own soldiers is plainly doomed to collapse.

It's time to restore the draft and bring back the People's Army. This mercenary version has a seriously dangerous potential.

So the type of weapon a police force has determines whether or not it is a police state? I don't understand how a gun rights activist would prevent authorities from having the weapons of their choice. Also, if you believe in state's rights...why wouldn't you wan't a prepared and able police force?

That's the point. Why are liberals trying so hard to disarm us but trying to militarize the police at the same time? In the UK there are no gun rights and the police don't usually carry them which makes sense. Citizens can't have guns so cops have less guns. Here in America they want us to have no guns and the cops to have bigger guns. It's crazy

•Pinky•

An MRAP is not a gun

Lap it up sheep.
They're spying on us at will,using government agencies to repress the vote,kicking in doors at a record pace,arming themselves to the teeth while trying to slowly disarm us,militarizing police forces....
Yet everything is hunky dory in your world.:cuckoo:
If you dont see this as a build up for whats to come you're crazy.

And they piss themselves in fear at the thought of "tea partiers" that they think are lurking around ever corner, waiting to git em.

•Pinky•

An MRAP is not a gun

Well that's just stupid. I don't want to kill cops. But I don't wants cops to kill me midst of some misguided power trip

•Pinky•

Unless you want to be able to shoot a cop if you feel it is necessary, why would you object to a cop in a protected armored car?

Most of these MRAPS were excessed by the military because they were no longer needed and offered to state and local law enforcement
There is no need to do that. Those vehicles could be prepped and stored indefinitely with a minimum of ongoing preserving maintenance. If there are 400 of them all it would take are ten Butler buildings, each of which could contain forty units.

Do you doubt we might end up needing them in the near future? Because I don't.

An MRAP is not a gun

•Pinky•

Unless you want to be able to shoot a cop if you feel it is necessary, why would you object to a cop in a protected armored car?

Blind in one eye and can't see out of the other.....

The pentagon should honestly be audited for that. "They don't need it anymore" is their way of saying they're selling them so they can buy new ones through their friends corporations to profit and divvy up the doe.

•Pinky•

They don't need it anymore because the war is over. You never heard of military surplus?

•Pinky•

You need to explain this one

Why do you think the public needs the ability to shoot a cop if they think it is necessary?

Do you also object to cops wearing body armor?

•Pinky•

They don't need it anymore because the war is over. You never heard of military surplus?

Yeah....thats the stuff they use to sell to other countries when we made new and improved equipment and sold the old obsolete stuff.
Now we want to use it on American citizens.
How nice..........

•Pinky•

Yeah....thats the stuff they use to sell to other countries when we made new and improved equipment and sold the old obsolete stuff.
Now we want to use it on American citizens.
How nice..........

How exactly does one use an MRAP "on American citizens"?

You need to explain this one

Why do you think the public needs the ability to shoot a cop if they think it is necessary?

Do you also object to cops wearing body armor?

You're being deliberately obtuse and I'm not playing. Sorry...

Forum List

Back