🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Military pay raise in 2009 was 3.9%, down to 1.3% in 2016. It has increased every year under Trump, now up to 3.1%.

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
Both Bush Sr. and Jr., as well as Trump appreciate the military it seems, except Trump has never started any wars.

Military pay raise.

2009 - 3.9%
2016 - 1.3%

2017 - 2.1%
2018 - 2.4%
2019 - 2.6%
2020 - 3.1%

Ronald Reagan increased military pay by 11% in 1981 and 14% in 1982.

Defense budget.

2009 - 668 billion
2016 - 600 billion

2020 - 718 billion

During the Obama years, the rest of the world was laughing at out military. Trump has rebuilt the military and increased pay for servicemen.

Attachments

• 1599343207659.png
    1599343207659.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 11
Hey stupid, the president isn't the one who determines how much of a pay raise the military gets.

Q.1: How are annual pay raises determined?

A: ECI is the Employment Cost Index, which is a measure of the increase in private-sector wages and salaries. It is calculated by the Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics and updated every three months. The ECI, reported each October, is used to determine the pay raise for the next fiscal year. The raise was set at ECI + 1/2% for 2000 through 2006. The FY2004 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) established that the military pay raise will be equal to ECI after 2006. Of course, Congress can enact raises that exceed these percentages as they did for 2008 and 2009.

Hey stupid, the president isn't the one who determines how much of a pay raise the military gets.

A: ECI is the Employment Cost Index, which is a measure of the increase in private-sector wages and salaries. It is calculated by the Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics and updated every three months. The ECI, reported each October, is used to determine the pay raise for the next fiscal year. The raise was set at ECI + 1/2% for 2000 through 2006. The FY2004 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) established that the military pay raise will be equal to ECI after 2006. Of course, Congress can enact raises that exceed these percentages as they did for 2008 and 2009.

The President has to sign off on the defense budget. Military pay and defense spending has typically gone up in Republican administrations more than in Democrat administrations. This is because Republicans understand that we do not spend enough on our military.

Oh but you see, they are supposed to care what Trump said according to anonymous sources, and completely disregard what he did.

Leftarded logic...

Anonymous sources said that Trump actually wanted a raise of a GAZILLION percent for our military, except Congress wouldn't pass it.

I've always felt that the government has its pay for military service, a bit screwed up. If you look at some guy that trots around a basketball court, getting balls in the net and being paid a fortune for it, with little to no danger to his life, yet in the military, you're willing to literally put your life on the line for your country and thus, should be the one that is paid a fortune for it.

Hey stupid, he's the one who signs off on it....

I've always felt that the government has its pay for military service, a bit screwed up. If you look at some guy that trots around a basketball court, getting balls in the net and being paid a fortune for it, with little to no danger to his life, yet in the military, you're willing to literally put your life on the line for your country and thus, should be the one that is paid a fortune for it.

Yep, people don't join the military so that they can get rich, they join for other reasons, travel, patriotism, family tradition, etc. And yeah, I've always thought that we should pay the military more than what we currently do. Did you know that at the paygrade of E-5 and below, military members are poor enough to qualify for WIC? If you have a family and are E-4 or below, you can also qualify for SNAP.

Congress determines how much they will raise the pay, based on calculations I already posted a link for. And yeah, the president has to sign it into law, but it would be political suicide for them to not approve what Congress passed, or lower it. Sorry, but the president only rubber stamps what Congress decides.

Congress determines how much they will raise the pay, based on calculations I already posted a link for. And yeah, the president has to sign it into law, but it would be political suicide for them to not approve what Congress passed, or lower it. Sorry, but the president only rubber stamps what Congress decides.

Anonymous sources tell me that Trump told them he would refuse to sign it unless there was a big enough pay raise and more military spending.

Anonymous sources tell me that Trump told them he would refuse to sign it unless there was a big enough pay raise and more military spending.

Hey, if Congress passed it, and the president refused to sign it, that would be political suicide for the president.

Anonymous sources tell me that Trump told them he would refuse to sign it unless there was a big enough pay raise
You don't really think he cares about them suckers and losers, do you?

Yep, people don't join the military so that they can get rich, they join for other reasons, travel, patriotism, family tradition, etc. And yeah, I've always thought that we should pay the military more than what we currently do. Did you know that at the paygrade of E-5 and below, military members are poor enough to qualify for WIC? If you have a family and are E-4 or below, you can also qualify for SNAP.

"Military Pay Chart for 2020" -- [non-government site]

E-4 pay (less than 2 yrs service) is $27,149.52 including 100% health care for the whole family ... free rent (BAH) ... free food (BAS) ...
E-5 pay (over 10 years service) is $41,766.48 plus all the free stuff above ...

... and after 30 years service, you can retire at full pay ...

You won't get rich, no, but you will live well ... (did I mention Post Exchange privileges?) ... see the world, meet new people, kill them ... there's one hell of a lot to say about a career in the military ...

"Military Pay Chart for 2020" -- [non-government site]

E-4 pay (less than 2 yrs service) is $27,149.52 including 100% health care for the whole family ... free rent (BAH) ... free food (BAS) ...
E-5 pay (over 10 years service) is $41,766.48 plus all the free stuff above ...

... and after 30 years service, you can retire at full pay ...

You won't get rich, no, but you will live well ... (did I mention Post Exchange privileges?) ... see the world, meet new people, kill them ... there's one hell of a lot to say about a career in the military ...

If you had actually been in the military, you would know that Basic Allowance for Quarters (BAQ) and Variable Housing Allowance (VHA) aren't enough to cover what rental and utilities are. It usually covers about 80 percent. As far as base housing? All the places I was stationed at generally had a 6 month to 1 year wait before being assigned housing. As far as "free food"? You would also know that Commuted Rations (COMRATS) isn't enough to feed a family on. At the time I was in, COMRATS was only 5.25/day. Can you feed a family of 3 on 5.25 per day? If you are single, you can live in the barracks and get a meal card, but you can't do that if you are married.

As far as post exchange privileges? Well, there is a little bit of benefit in that, as you can get quality stuff a bit cheaper than you can out in town, but the main benefit is that you don't have to pay sales tax.

No, you will not get rich in the military. And, in many cases, those who are married at the rank of E-4 and below are poor enough to qualify for SNAP. And, if you are an E-5 or below, you are also poor enough to qualify for WIC.

If you are E-4 and below, you shouldn't have a family, but you are absolutely right!

If you are E-4 and below, you shouldn't have a family, but you are absolutely right!

So, you are saying that people with a family should never enlist? I've signed many individuals that have had family who joined the Navy because they wanted to provide for their families.

So, you are saying that people with a family should never enlist? I've signed many individuals that have had family who joined the Navy because they wanted to provide for their families.

A side note...I've NEVER EVER known a single ex military man that was a Leftist. What draws you Left?

A side note...I've NEVER EVER known a single ex military man that was a Leftist. What draws you Left?

Not a leftist. I'm an independent. I voted for Bush Jr. his first term (thought he would have learned from his father, but apparently not), and I have voted for both Republicans and Democrats. I don't vote along party lines, I vote for those who I think are capable of doing good for this country. I actually bother to research the candidates and the issues, do you?

Forum List

Back