Military & Political victory for Iraq and Obama - Daesh terrorist scum fleeing Tikrit

Wallid is simply pointing out the fatal mistake your president made, is making, and will continue to make.

There can be no mistake - Iraq is free to choose its allies and it choose Iran to be an ally the moment Sadddam Hussein and his military and police apparatus were taken down.

There is no undoing that.

Watch fox special tomorrow night...on ISIS and iran in Iraq. Kurds still not getting any aid from the unmitigated asshole OBABBLE.

Watch fox special tomorrow night...on ISIS and iran in Iraq.

I will if they bring up why Daesh terrorist scum and Iran are in Iraq in the first place:

President Bush Meets with His Eminence Abdul-Aziz Al-Hakim, Leader of the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq
20061204-7_d-0721-515h.jpg

President George W. Bush welcomes Sayyed Abdul-Aziz Al-Hakim, Leader of the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq, to the White House Monday, Dec. 4, 2006. Said the President, "I appreciate so very much His Eminence's commitment to a unity government. I assured him the United States supports his work and the work of the Prime Minister to unify the country." White House photo by Eric Draper

One picture tells the whole story. No need to watch Fox re-write it for its dumbed down loyal viewing audience. The most easily fear-mongered bunch of rubes in the world.

Watch fox special tomorrow night...on ISIS and iran in Iraq.

I will if they bring up why Daesh terrorist scum and Iran are in Iraq in the first place:

President Bush Meets with His Eminence Abdul-Aziz Al-Hakim, Leader of the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq
20061204-7_d-0721-515h.jpg

President George W. Bush welcomes Sayyed Abdul-Aziz Al-Hakim, Leader of the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq, to the White House Monday, Dec. 4, 2006. Said the President, "I appreciate so very much His Eminence's commitment to a unity government. I assured him the United States supports his work and the work of the Prime Minister to unify the country." White House photo by Eric Draper

One picture tells the whole story. No need to watch Fox re-write it for its dumbed down loyal viewing audience. The most easily fear-mongered bunch of rubes in the world.
Hey Foo...I am beginning to think that when you die, you will be buried with W...

I am beginning to think

Good for you. Why not argue the facts rather than pretending to be a comedian too. It is a historical and definite fact that Iran gained access and greater influence in Iraq as a result of Bush43's bombing and Blitzkrieg into Iraq to secure the most lethal weapons ever devised from falling into the hands of terrorists.

It's not about Bush as much as it is about current Republican denial of historical fact when forming opinions about the current situation in that part of the world.

You have no concept of what's going on today when you suggest Obama is supposed to be enforcing the rules in Iraq. Whatever the hell 'enforce the rules' could possibly mean. You learned nothing from 4484 dead Americans in Iraq. Absolutely nothing.

I am beginning to think

Good for you. Why not argue the facts rather than pretending to be a comedian too. It is a historical and definite fact that Iran gained access and greater influence in Iraq as a result of Bush43's bombing and Blitzkrieg into Iraq to secure the most lethal weapons ever devised from falling into the hands of terrorists.

It's not about Bush as much as it is about current Republican denial of historical fact when forming opinions about the current situation in that part of the world.

You have no concept of what's going on today when you suggest Obama is supposed to be enforcing the rules in Iraq. Whatever the hell 'enforce the rules' could possibly mean. You learned nothing from 4484 dead Americans in Iraq. Absolutely nothing.
I don't argue your "facts". Way too many gaps in your narrative. Very Clintonian.

Obama said he will destroy ISIS...how will he do that without forcing his rules?

You see you cannot tell the truth in any sentence that has the name "Obama" in it.

He said WE will destroy ISIL and he spoke of the coalition it would take to first degrade and destroy ISIL.

Instead of watching Fox you go straight to the transcripts of the person you wish to quote:

“Our objective is clear: We will degrade, and ultimately destroy, ISIL through a comprehensive and sustained counter-terrorism strategy.”
091014_potus_isil_2.jpg

President Barack Obama delivers an address to the nation on the U.S. Counterterrorism strategy to combat ISIL, in the Cross Hall of the White House, Sept. 10, 2014. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

THE FOUR PARTS OF THE U.S. STRATEGY
In his address, the President outlined the four key parts of the United States’ strategy to defeat ISIL:

1. A systematic campaign of airstrikes against ISIL

Working with the Iraqi government, we will expand our efforts beyond protecting our own people and humanitarian missions, so that we’re hitting ISIL targets as Iraqi forces go on offense. Moreover, I have made it clear that we will hunt down terrorists who threaten our country, wherever they are. That means I will not hesitate to take action against ISIL in Syria, as well as Iraq. This is a core principle of my presidency: If you threaten America, you will find no safe haven.

2. Increased support to forces fighting ISIL on the ground

In June, I deployed several hundred American servicemembers to Iraq to assess how we can best support Iraqi security forces. Now that those teams have completed their work –- and Iraq has formed a government –- we will send an additional 475 servicemembers to Iraq. As I have said before, these American forces will not have a combat mission –- we will not get dragged into another ground war in Iraq. But they are needed to support Iraqi and Kurdish forces with training, intelligence and equipment. We’ll also support Iraq’s efforts to stand up National Guard Units to help Sunni communities secure their own freedom from ISIL’s control.

Across the border, in Syria, we have ramped up our military assistance to the Syrian opposition. Tonight, I call on Congress again to give us additional authorities and resources to train and equip these fighters. In the fight against ISIL, we cannot rely on an Assad regime that terrorizes its own people -- a regime that will never regain the legitimacy it has lost. Instead, we must strengthen the opposition as the best counterweight to extremists like ISIL, while pursuing the political solution necessary to solve Syria’s crisis once and for all.

3. Drawing on our substantial counterterrorism capabilities to prevent ISIL attacks

Working with our partners, we will redouble our efforts to cut off its funding; improve our intelligence; strengthen our defenses; counter its warped ideology; and stem the flow of foreign fighters into and out of the Middle East. And in two weeks, I will chair a meeting of the U.N. Security Council to further mobilize the international community around this effort.

4. Providing humanitarian assistance to innocent civilians displaced by ISIL

This includes Sunni and Shia Muslims who are at grave risk, as well as tens of thousands of Christians and other religious minorities. We cannot allow these communities to be driven from their ancient homelands.

“This is our strategy,” the President said, adding that the United States has a “broad coalition of partners” joining us in this effort:

Already, allies are flying planes with us over Iraq; sending arms and assistance to Iraqi security forces and the Syrian opposition; sharing intelligence; and providing billions of dollars in humanitarian aid. Secretary Kerry was in Iraq today meeting with the new government and supporting their efforts to promote unity. And in the coming days he will travel across the Middle East and Europe to enlist more partners in this fight, especially Arab nations who can help mobilize Sunni communities in Iraq and Syria, to drive these terrorists from their lands. This is American leadership at its best: We stand with people who fight for their own freedom, and we rally other nations on behalf of our common security and common humanity.

Obama said nothing about 'enforcing rules' that only exist in your hate-filled head.

He said, "We stand with people who fight for their own freedom, and we rally other nations on behalf of our common security and common humanity."

Do you know what 'common security' and 'common humanity' mean?

You just saw the 'people' we stand with who have just fought for there own freedom in Tikrit. Your problem is you hate those 'people' too so you see nothing gained in a ten day operation that degraded Daesh terrorist scum and their appeal to recruits.

Just like a Kobani. Degrading Daesh is ongoing - 8000 are dead now. Terrorists cannot be more degraded than that.

That is a report about reprisals against captured DAESH fighters. Coming from one who advocates US troops shooting anyone in Iraq that looks cross eyed at them I find your new found human rights compassion to be embarrassingly phony.

How about an excerpt from the London Time - I won't pay to subscribe to newspapers all over the world. Or did you just google a headline that sounds like your argument.

Do you know how much power Ayatollah Ali Sistani has over the Shiite faithful in Iraq?

Here is how you post an excerpt when you want to get a point across:

Grand Ayatollah Wants Sunnis Armed; 143 Killed in Iraq

by Margaret Griffis, March 06, 2015

Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, the highest-ranking Shi’ite cleric in Iraq, called on the government to provide weapons and supplies to Sunnis in Anbar province. During his Friday sermon, he said that the Sunnis in Anbar have shown a patriotic attitude against the militants, but the shortages they are suffering could encourage them to change their sides. He also warned militiamen not to seek revenge on civilians.

Grand Ayatollah Wants Sunnis Armed 143 Killed in Iraq -- Antiwar.com

Perhaps you should donate to anti war dot com since you have your newfound concern for captured Daesh terrorist scum being beaten tortured and murdered by victorious Shiite militias.

And your Shiia friends are committing atrocities just like ISIS..

They are nothing like ISIS in the atrocity category. Such false equivalencies are common among right wing bastardized verbalized renditions of the reality they see.

I thought the Shiia are your friends since you were ok with killing and wounding thousand of US troops to liberate them from the evil doer dictator S.Hussein of a Iraq.

Are you following Daily Kos now Deltex?

The impending Battle of Tikrit

DT 10954611
. ...and where is this coalition you are dreaming about?

I am not surprised you are unaware of the coalition that has formed to degrade and destroy ISIL. The coalition that drove Daesh terrorist scum out of Kobani and killed at least 8000 fighters in three months. The coalition that defended the Baiiji refinery and Mosul Dam from a Daesh control. The coalition that has liberated 20% of territory Daesh seized by August last year. The coalition that captured a major highway in Syria Daesh used to transport weapons fighters and supplies between Iraq and Syria. The coalition that destroyed much Daesh sources of revenue such as oil wells and refineries they had captured.

That coalition.

The coalition that is liberating Tikrit that included 3000 Sunni fighters.

How many American casualties?

Zero. republicans derogatorily refer to that as leading from behind. They appear to be quite upset that Americans are not dying in Iraq as this counter-terrorist campaign marches on.

Forum List

Back