Millions of Americans probably praying that the ACA penalty will end immediately.

HEATH CARE IN THE US COSTS TOO DAMN MUCH. ACA needs to be FIXED, and someone has to go after the Big Health and Big Pharma.

Big health and Big pharma are not the problem. We need to go after BIG GOVERNMENT, and we took the first step by electing Donald Trump.
How is gov't the problem with HC?

I don't even know where to start and perhaps if I have dead time at work I'll chime in. Right now I have time to tell you that government is the problem all along. I give you a short one on Medicare and Medicaid. Both programs only pay about 2/3 of the bill for their patients. Doctors and hospitals have to make up that loss. So they increase fees on everybody else that our insurance companies had to pay all these years. Where do you think insurance companies get that money from????
Gov't should make those costs stick. Then we'd be paying the same for health care as the Swiss, the most expensive in the rest of the world.

Make what costs stick? WTF are you even talking about?

The witholding is what most consider the taking of ones resources due to whatever reason by the IRS. Some call it levied or withheld, withold or whatever. Everyone knew what I meant. Anyway my friends wife's health is real bad, and he can't afford to add her onto his work insurance, so they pay the penalty in which they can't afford, and then they have to pay up front $200.00 dollars to this doctor before seeing him or $200.00 at another doc before seeing him, so before you know it they are almost just working to pay doctor bills above and beyond anything else. These people have barely had much of anything, but somehow they get by in life. Talk about living on the edge. The boy is a hard worker though, and he doesn't forsake his wife no matter how tough it has been.

for what it's worth, tell them to go to the Commie Care site and download the "exemption" form. You are exempt from paying the penalty if you have been paying medical bills from that year. I did it the last two years and I plan on doing it again this year unless it's reported that nobody will get fined for not having healthcare insurance.

After they send in the form, the government will send back an exemption number which is needed when they do their taxes. Simply print the exemption number on their tax return in the appropriate box and they will not be fined by the government.

HEATH CARE IN THE US COSTS TOO DAMN MUCH. ACA needs to be FIXED, and someone has to go after the Big Health and Big Pharma.

Big health and Big pharma are not the problem. We need to go after BIG GOVERNMENT, and we took the first step by electing Donald Trump.

I don't even know where to start and perhaps if I have dead time at work I'll chime in. Right now I have time to tell you that government is the problem all along. I give you a short one on Medicare and Medicaid. Both programs only pay about 2/3 of the bill for their patients. Doctors and hospitals have to make up that loss. So they increase fees on everybody else that our insurance companies had to pay all these years. Where do you think insurance companies get that money from????
Gov't should make those costs stick. Then we'd be paying the same for health care as the Swiss, the most expensive in the rest of the world.

2/3 of the bill. Health costs are almost 18% of GDP here, 12% in Switz, 8% in UK.

2/3 of the bill. Health costs are almost 18% of GDP here, 12% in Switz, 8% in UK.

We also have the most advanced medical care in the world. Why do you think foreigners from other countries come here?

The point is most of our problems with medical care here are because of government--not lack of it. Only a fool would depend on the entity that created the problem to bring a solution to it.

We also have the most advanced medical care in the world. Why do you think foreigners from other countries come here?

The point is most of our problems with medical care here are because of government--not lack of it. Only a fool would depend on the entity that created the problem to bring a solution to it.
It was no gov't regulation that got us by far the most expensive care anywhere. With worse results. Link to all those furriners? Only the very rich with cancer methinks...

The Mandate is dead. No more fines or 'penalties.' Thank you President Trump.
So, what will the effect of that be on the coverage policies of American families?

The Mandate is Un-American. I've always said that. I'm very pleased Trump has ended it. And so are many many other Americans.
That didn't answer the question.

I want to know what you think the effect will be on America's families.

To me, that is an important issue.

The mandate was highly unpopular when it was first proposed - before the ACA even existed. It wasn't added just to PO the public. There were reasons.

So, I want to know how American families will be impacted due to this change.

What have Trump or Ryan said about that? Surely THEY care about American families and wouldn't dick with out system without knowing the ramifications.

I'm sure something will be worked out. But i never supported fining or 'penalizing' American Citizens in that way. It was Un-American. And i am truly grateful Trump recognized that and ended it.
No, again that isn't the question.

Making a change without knowing the consequences of that change is NOT acceptable. And, even more so, as the topic is the health care coverage of American families.

Let's remember that even if the mandate HAD to be removed, the ramifications of that change should be known so that they can be mitigated in some other way.

That mandate was there for important reasons. Simply deleting it HAS to have ramifications that we should consider BEFORE they hit American families - without even so much as a WARNING!!

So, I want to know what this change will mean for American families.

And, the idea that congress would make that change without knowing what would happen is just not acceptable.
I understand your concern over the mandate being removed before any consideration what it would do to the families that are being subsidized was taken in to consideration, I really do.
However, where was your concern when it came to what the mandate and the tripling of premiums to subsidize those families would do to the ones that suddenly without warning found themselves unable to afford insurance any more.
Did you have as much concern for those people?
As Ray in Cleveland, If I remember correctly, I believe he said that the ACA caused him to go without insurance for the first time in his working career, Where is your concern for him? or the millions of others like him that have made sure to carry coverage, that did show a level of personal responsibility. I guess now that he cant afford the new triple cost premiums, you would consider him a free loader?
Personally, I have compassion and concern for people like Ray, someone that has always worked hard to support himself and is family, that has not been a burden on society, that has not looked at my wallet as if the contents inside were somehow owed to him. He and those like him are the ones that I care about. Not the ones that expect everyone else to support them.

So, what will the effect of that be on the coverage policies of American families?

The Mandate is Un-American. I've always said that. I'm very pleased Trump has ended it. And so are many many other Americans.

The mandate was highly unpopular when it was first proposed - before the ACA even existed. It wasn't added just to PO the public. There were reasons.

What have Trump or Ryan said about that? Surely THEY care about American families and wouldn't dick with out system without knowing the ramifications.

I'm sure something will be worked out. But i never supported fining or 'penalizing' American Citizens in that way. It was Un-American. And i am truly grateful Trump recognized that and ended it.
No, again that isn't the question.

Making a change without knowing the consequences of that change is NOT acceptable. And, even more so, as the topic is the health care coverage of American families.

Let's remember that even if the mandate HAD to be removed, the ramifications of that change should be known so that they can be mitigated in some other way.

That mandate was there for important reasons. Simply deleting it HAS to have ramifications that we should consider BEFORE they hit American families - without even so much as a WARNING!!

So, I want to know what this change will mean for American families.

And, the idea that congress would make that change without knowing what would happen is just not acceptable.
I understand your concern over the mandate being removed before any consideration what it would do to the families that are being subsidized was taken in to consideration, I really do.
However, where was your concern when it came to what the mandate and the tripling of premiums to subsidize those families would do to the ones that suddenly without warning found themselves unable to afford insurance any more.
Did you have as much concern for those people?
As Ray in Cleveland, If I remember correctly, I believe he said that the ACA caused him to go without insurance for the first time in his working career, Where is your concern for him? or the millions of others like him that have made sure to carry coverage, that did show a level of personal responsibility. I guess now that he cant afford the new triple cost premiums, you would consider him a free loader?
Personally, I have compassion and concern for people like Ray, someone that has always worked hard to support himself and is family, that has not been a burden on society, that has not looked at my wallet as if the contents inside were somehow owed to him. He and those like him are the ones that I care about. Not the ones that expect everyone else to support them.
Ray's boss believed the GOP fear mongering....and stopped his health program.

The Mandate is dead. No more fines or 'penalties.' Thank you President Trump.

. Surely these people are smarter than you are giving them credit for.

No, I wont change my opinion, I have been paying for insurance my entire working life, I do not find it at all acceptable to suddenly have to be concerned if I am going to be able to continue my coverage just because some lazy bastard refuses to care for himself and expects me to triple my personal expenses to make sure he has coverage.
Where might I ask is the compassion for those that are going to lose their ability to gain health care due to the cost of insuring the worthless? Do the worthless even give a second thought to any of this? NO, its a fuck you just pay for my shit.
If you are getting a subsidy of any amount you should be out there kissing the ass of the workers that are getting screwed so you can get prices that you just did not earn.
You'always paid for the uninsured. Under ACA they pay what they can and get preventive care, and don't DIE.
if I have always paid for the uninsured that indicates that they have always had healthcare. this indicates there is no problem. Keep it like it was.
The savings they talk about is not for the consumer, the savings is for the industry. I just cant understand how the left is so interested in giving an industry all this extra money all the sudden.
Yup, only 40k died a year because of no insurance and cutoffs, no problem. Enjoy hell.

It was totally out of control the way it was- ACA was the first attempt to fix it.
. Yes it was out of control, but what Obumer did was took advantage of a crisis by making it a worse crisis for millions.
All that was just the way health care was going, higher prices, losing your doctor etc because of new insurance and hospital networks, high deductibles, catastrophic coverage. ACA made it better and cheaper than it would have been otherwise, especially for poor workers and those with pre-existing conditions..
. Open your ears, some of the stuff will remain.

Millions of Americans probably praying that their health insurance won't end.

The Mandate will no longer be enforced. No more fining or 'penalizing' Americans. Thank you President Trump!
So, how will deleting this feature change the health care coverage that American families are depending on today?
. So I'm supporting American families to be covered under the ACA ?? How many families am I supporting ? I sure don't know anyone who works for a living that has family coverage, because it's to dam expensive. So me as a worker am I supporting what maybe two or three families on my tax burden alone in all of this ?

You'always paid for the uninsured. Under ACA they pay what they can and get preventive care, and don't DIE.
if I have always paid for the uninsured that indicates that they have always had healthcare. this indicates there is no problem. Keep it like it was.
The savings they talk about is not for the consumer, the savings is for the industry. I just cant understand how the left is so interested in giving an industry all this extra money all the sudden.
Yup, only 40k died a year because of no insurance and cutoffs, no problem. Enjoy hell.

It was totally out of control the way it was- ACA was the first attempt to fix it.
. Yes it was out of control, but what Obumer did was took advantage of a crisis by making it a worse crisis for millions.
All that was just the way health care was going, higher prices, losing your doctor etc because of new insurance and hospital networks, high deductibles, catastrophic coverage. ACA made it better and cheaper than it would have been otherwise, especially for poor workers and those with pre-existing conditions..
. Open your ears, some of the stuff will remain.
Who knows?

The Mandate will no longer be enforced. No more fining or 'penalizing' Americans. Thank you President Trump!
So, how will deleting this feature change the health care coverage that American families are depending on today?
. So I'm supporting American families to be covered under the ACA ?? How many families am I supporting ? I sure don't know anyone who works for a living that has family coverage, because it's to dam expensive. So me as a worker am I supporting what maybe two or three families on my tax burden alone in all of this ?
Hell no. Health care is way too expensive...It will cost plenty more without a mandate, but who? There is no plan.

Hell no. Health care is way too expensive...It will cost plenty more without a mandate, but who? There is no plan.
. You hope there is no plan right ? Right.

Of course its going to cost those that get the subsidies more without the mandate. With a mandate in place that forces people to purchase insurance, companies are essentially allowed to charge the non subsidized individuals whatever it is they want/need to cover those that are getting subsidized. If you are forced to purchase, then the price is not something that you can argue.
If there is no mandate, those that would have to pay the outrageous premiums and out of pockets to cover the subsidies are free to find other means to cover their medical costs, or just go without out.
The subsidized are going to end up having to pay more than they currently do because there will not be enough people covering their 0 to 100.00 premiums.
In order to offset the subsidies, insurance companies are going to have to attract more people in the higher earning bracket to buy from them, this is going to have to be done through offering lower prices to attract more people.

The cost to the non subsidized payer is what prompted the fight against the ACA. for example, if lets say the ACA had passed and it meant that I would have had to pay 100.00 more a month in premium but my coverage and policy terms all stayed the same, I would have bitched about it, but I most likely would not have been so adamant about shutting the ACA down. However when my premiums would have doubled and my out of pocket would have gone up by 12,000 a year, there is no way that I could sit back and quietly pay the price.
As he always did, obama misread the peoples

I think it will cost the average non subsidized client less by not having a mandate. Insurance companies are going to have to have price wars to get enough people paying full price to offset those paying next to nothing.
The mandate allowed companies to charge whatever they wanted/needed.
I think the ACA should be covered with a tax on cigarettes (I smoke) junk foods and other lifestyle choices that are not generally associated with good health.

Gov needs to stop forcing doctors to see patients who cannot pay, once that happens doctors won't be forced to pass that bill onto the people.

We need a return of "survival of the fittest" across the board, take out the chaff because people all over are sick of supporting their asses. Yes, even liberals bitching for socialized medical care are the victims of their own mentality; higher costs due to years of forcing hospitals to scrape dead beat fucks bills off on /them/ to the point that they cannot even afford their own care. This is what happens when you get the government involved in shit, every single time. Get the government out of it and let businesses do what they do best - make money, because ultimately that means they're not having to pass shit onto their customers in order to maintain their profit margins.

And don't bother with your arguments; we all know they have profit margins, there's a good reason for it (to stay afloat during economic downturns as an example.) Profit margins are not going away no matter how much you slam your heads against the wall over it, you cannot /force/ a company to operate at a dangerous level without expecting blowback - and that is exactly what the massive increases of medical costs are; blowback for government interference in private industry.

Forum List

Back