Millions of Americans probably praying that the ACA penalty will end immediately.

The Mandate is dead. No more fines or 'penalties.' Thank you President Trump.
So, what will the effect of that be on the coverage policies of American families?

The Mandate is Un-American. I've always said that. I'm very pleased Trump has ended it. And so are many many other Americans.
That didn't answer the question.

I want to know what you think the effect will be on America's families.

To me, that is an important issue.

The mandate was highly unpopular when it was first proposed - before the ACA even existed. It wasn't added just to PO the public. There were reasons.

So, I want to know how American families will be impacted due to this change.

What have Trump or Ryan said about that? Surely THEY care about American families and wouldn't dick with out system without knowing the ramifications.

So, what will the effect of that be on the coverage policies of American families?

The Mandate is Un-American. I've always said that. I'm very pleased Trump has ended it. And so are many many other Americans.

The mandate was highly unpopular when it was first proposed - before the ACA even existed. It wasn't added just to PO the public. There were reasons.

What have Trump or Ryan said about that? Surely THEY care about American families and wouldn't dick with out system without knowing the ramifications.

I'm sure something will be worked out. But i never supported fining or 'penalizing' American Citizens in that way. It was Un-American. And i am truly grateful Trump recognized that and ended it.

I'm sure something will be worked out. But i never supported fining or 'penalizing' American Citizens in that way. It was Un-American. And i am truly grateful Trump recognized that and ended it.
No, again that isn't the question.

Making a change without knowing the consequences of that change is NOT acceptable. And, even more so, as the topic is the health care coverage of American families.

Let's remember that even if the mandate HAD to be removed, the ramifications of that change should be known so that they can be mitigated in some other way.

That mandate was there for important reasons. Simply deleting it HAS to have ramifications that we should consider BEFORE they hit American families - without even so much as a WARNING!!

So, I want to know what this change will mean for American families.

And, the idea that congress would make that change without knowing what would happen is just not acceptable.

Making a change without knowing the consequences of that change is NOT acceptable. And, even more so, as the topic is the health care coverage of American families.

Let's remember that even if the mandate HAD to be removed, the ramifications of that change should be known so that they can be mitigated in some other way.

That mandate was there for important reasons. Simply deleting it HAS to have ramifications that we should consider BEFORE they hit American families - without even so much as a WARNING!!

And, the idea that congress would make that change without knowing what would happen is just not acceptable.

Most Americans support Trump ending the Mandate.

. I disagree with your cold take on someone being denide treatment based upon their non-ability to pay at the time of treatment. You cannot associate healthcare with any other industry as you have done here, because we are talking human beings and whether someone lives or dies. I hope you take another opinion on your idea of who should be treated and those you think who should not be treated.
No, I wont change my opinion, I have been paying for insurance my entire working life, I do not find it at all acceptable to suddenly have to be concerned if I am going to be able to continue my coverage just because some lazy bastard refuses to care for himself and expects me to triple my personal expenses to make sure he has coverage.
Where might I ask is the compassion for those that are going to lose their ability to gain health care due to the cost of insuring the worthless? Do the worthless even give a second thought to any of this? NO, its a fuck you just pay for my shit.
If you are getting a subsidy of any amount you should be out there kissing the ass of the workers that are getting screwed so you can get prices that you just did not earn.
You'always paid for the uninsured. Under ACA they pay what they can and get preventive care, and don't DIE.
if I have always paid for the uninsured that indicates that they have always had healthcare. this indicates there is no problem. Keep it like it was.
The savings they talk about is not for the consumer, the savings is for the industry. I just cant understand how the left is so interested in giving an industry all this extra money all the sudden.
Yup, only 40k died a year because of no insurance and cutoffs, no problem. Enjoy hell.

It was totally out of control the way it was- ACA was the first attempt to fix it.
. Yes it was out of control, but what Obumer did was took advantage of a crisis by making it a worse crisis for millions.
All that was just the way health care was going, higher prices, losing your doctor etc because of new insurance and hospital networks, high deductibles, catastrophic coverage. ACA made it better and cheaper than it would have been otherwise, especially for poor workers and those with pre-existing conditions..

No, I wont change my opinion, I have been paying for insurance my entire working life, I do not find it at all acceptable to suddenly have to be concerned if I am going to be able to continue my coverage just because some lazy bastard refuses to care for himself and expects me to triple my personal expenses to make sure he has coverage.
Where might I ask is the compassion for those that are going to lose their ability to gain health care due to the cost of insuring the worthless? Do the worthless even give a second thought to any of this? NO, its a fuck you just pay for my shit.
If you are getting a subsidy of any amount you should be out there kissing the ass of the workers that are getting screwed so you can get prices that you just did not earn.
You'always paid for the uninsured. Under ACA they pay what they can and get preventive care, and don't DIE.
if I have always paid for the uninsured that indicates that they have always had healthcare. this indicates there is no problem. Keep it like it was.
The savings they talk about is not for the consumer, the savings is for the industry. I just cant understand how the left is so interested in giving an industry all this extra money all the sudden.
Yup, only 40k died a year because of no insurance and cutoffs, no problem. Enjoy hell.

It was totally out of control the way it was- ACA was the first attempt to fix it.
. Yes it was out of control, but what Obumer did was took advantage of a crisis by making it a worse crisis for millions.
All that was just the way health care was going, higher prices, losing your doctor etc because of new insurance and hospital networks, high deductibles, catastrophic coverage. ACA made it better and cheaper than it would have been otherwise, especially for poor workers and those with pre-existing conditions..

Yeah, and he made it worse for everybody else.

I accept it just fine.

Again, that is NOT the question.

The question is what impact that will have.

Again, the mandate was put in place for serious reasons. If it is to be removed, we need to know how that will affect American families.

If congress is making that change without knowing the consequences, that is a SERIOUS problem.

I accept it just fine.
You accept ... what?

I accept it just fine.
You accept ... what?

What you just said:

"And, the idea that congress would make that change without knowing what would happen is just not acceptable."

Again, that is NOT the question.

The question is what impact that will have.

Again, the mandate was put in place for serious reasons. If it is to be removed, we need to know how that will affect American families.

If congress is making that change without knowing the consequences, that is a SERIOUS problem.

Well, you're free to continue panicking about that answer. But i fully support Trump ending the Mandate. And so do most Americans.

Speak for yourself and your Pub dupe boss who avoided ACA because of BS propaganda.
Yeah, and he made it worse for everybody else.

Americans get TAXED, penalized, and fined every day, dupe. We HAVE to reform health care or we'll go back to it being to worst worry and danger for most people.

HEATH CARE IN THE US COSTS TOO DAMN MUCH. ACA needs to be FIXED, and someone has to go after the Big Health and Big Pharma.

Big health and Big pharma are not the problem. We need to go after BIG GOVERNMENT, and we took the first step by electing Donald Trump.
How is gov't the problem with HC?

I don't even know where to start and perhaps if I have dead time at work I'll chime in. Right now I have time to tell you that government is the problem all along. I give you a short one on Medicare and Medicaid. Both programs only pay about 2/3 of the bill for their patients. Doctors and hospitals have to make up that loss. So they increase fees on everybody else that our insurance companies had to pay all these years. Where do you think insurance companies get that money from????
Gov't should make those costs stick. Then we'd be paying the same for health care as the Swiss, the most expensive in the rest of the world.

Forum List

Back