Millions of Americans probably praying that the ACA penalty will end immediately.

HEATH CARE IN THE US COSTS TOO DAMN MUCH. ACA needs to be FIXED, and someone has to go after the Big Health and Big Pharma.
Maybe you just need to find a better job. Ive never had a complaint with my insurance.
why should I suffer because you are not able to support yourself in the manner you think you should live?
. Not the answer, because the cost is to high to be fair about it.
what does the cost of a product have to do with it being fair?
not everything can be affordable to everyone.
. True but healthcare should be affordable to everyone who is an American, and does the best that they can in life.
The reality is that the industry has to charge what it has to charge to provide a certain level of care. It just is NOT possible to fit that into every single budget. And then you consider the ACA where people that do absolutely nothing in life get insured for free, then we start to have a serious problem.
I know some will argue, but health insurance, or even health care is not a right. Yes, if you go to a hospital or Dr and have the money to pay, he should have to treat you, however no treatment should be forced if you are not willing or able to pay.
Choose any other product or service in this country and try to get it for free because you dont have the money in your pocket to pay the price. You go without, the cashier at the store does not ring up your "purchase" , let you walk out without paying and then charge the next 10 people in line for your purchases. Insurance should be no different.

HEATH CARE IN THE US COSTS TOO DAMN MUCH. ACA needs to be FIXED, and someone has to go after the Big Health and Big Pharma.
Maybe you just need to find a better job. Ive never had a complaint with my insurance.
why should I suffer because you are not able to support yourself in the manner you think you should live?
. True but healthcare should be affordable to everyone who is an American, and does the best that they can in life.
The reality is that the industry has to charge what it has to charge to provide a certain level of care. It just is NOT possible to fit that into every single budget. And then you consider the ACA where people that do absolutely nothing in life get insured for free, then we start to have a serious problem.
I know some will argue, but health insurance, or even health care is not a right. Yes, if you go to a hospital or Dr and have the money to pay, he should have to treat you, however no treatment should be forced if you are not willing or able to pay.
Choose any other product or service in this country and try to get it for free because you dont have the money in your pocket to pay the price. You go without, the cashier at the store does not ring up your "purchase" , let you walk out without paying and then charge the next 10 people in line for your purchases. Insurance should be no different.
No other product is anything like health care, and the courts have already decided that hospitals must take care of people. Sorry about your luck. Enjoy hell. God will not be amused.

. I disagree with your cold take on someone being denide treatment based upon their non-ability to pay at the time of treatment. You cannot associate healthcare with any other industry as you have done here, because we are talking human beings and whether someone lives or dies. I hope you take another opinion on your idea of who should be treated and those you think should not be treated.

Big health and Big pharma are not the problem. We need to go after BIG GOVERNMENT, and we took the first step by electing Donald Trump.
How is gov't the problem with HC?
. Because it under Obumer caused some serious problems instead of removing the serious problems we have in it all.

. I disagree with your cold take on someone being denide treatment based upon their non-ability to pay at the time of treatment. You cannot associate healthcare with any other industry as you have done here, because we are talking human beings and whether someone lives or dies. I hope you take another opinion on your idea of who should be treated and those you think who should not be treated.
No, I wont change my opinion, I have been paying for insurance my entire working life, I do not find it at all acceptable to suddenly have to be concerned if I am going to be able to continue my coverage just because some lazy bastard refuses to care for himself and expects me to triple my personal expenses to make sure he has coverage.
Where might I ask is the compassion for those that are going to lose their ability to gain health care due to the cost of insuring the worthless? Do the worthless even give a second thought to any of this? NO, its a fuck you just pay for my shit.
If you are getting a subsidy of any amount you should be out there kissing the ass of the workers that are getting screwed so you can get prices that you just did not earn.

Big health and Big pharma are not the problem. We need to go after BIG GOVERNMENT, and we took the first step by electing Donald Trump.
. Because it under Obumer caused some serious problems instead of removing the serious problems we have in it all.
ACA lowered the cost rise curve. That's what it cost without scams, cutoffs, and 750k bankruptcies a year.

. I disagree with your cold take on someone being denide treatment based upon their non-ability to pay at the time of treatment. You cannot associate healthcare with any other industry as you have done here, because we are talking human beings and whether someone lives or dies. I hope you take another opinion on your idea of who should be treated and those you think who should not be treated.
No, I wont change my opinion, I have been paying for insurance my entire working life, I do not find it at all acceptable to suddenly have to be concerned if I am going to be able to continue my coverage just because some lazy bastard refuses to care for himself and expects me to triple my personal expenses to make sure he has coverage.
Where might I ask is the compassion for those that are going to lose their ability to gain health care due to the cost of insuring the worthless? Do the worthless even give a second thought to any of this? NO, its a fuck you just pay for my shit.
If you are getting a subsidy of any amount you should be out there kissing the ass of the workers that are getting screwed so you can get prices that you just did not earn.
Agree, but we have to be compassionate towards people, and not think that everyone is worthless who needs help also. I don't mind helping a drowning person, but I can't allow that person to drown me while trying to help.

ACA lowered the cost rise curve. That's what it cost without scams, cutoffs, and 750k bankruptcies a year.
. Trump was elected partly because the ACA cost was going to spiral out of control.

We need to have universal healthcare, because the reality is that healthcare is a necessity, not a want.

This isn't the 40s or prior. Medicine is a much more specialized, technical and expensive affair. only through management and community bargaining can we bring costs down to a manageable level. Why is it Canada has better health outcomes than the U.S. but spends far, far less per capita?

OECD_health_expenditure_per_capita_by_country.svg

It's because paying for universal preventive care ends up costing less money.

The same reason why fixing roads and bridges saves money over the long term.

What would you rather have, Roads and bridges or a fucking doctor when you're dying? Some things are just necessary for the common good. Social Security and Medicare serve the same purpose, the common good.

You'always paid for the uninsured. Under ACA they pay what they can and get preventive care, and don't DIE.

You'always paid for the uninsured. Under ACA they pay what they can and get preventive care, and don't DIE.
. No not the way it is done now. We are getting screwed big time now.

Agree, but we have to be compassionate towards people, and not think that everyone is worthless who needs help also. I don't mind helping a drowning person, but I can't allow that person to drown me while trying to help.
exactly, but what if you knew you couldnt help him when you saw him, but the government was standing there and just picked you up and threw you in regardless of your situation.
thats what the ACA is doing to people. If I have to go on it, my rates would go to 10,400 a year in premiums with 12,800 a year out of pocket before the insurance kicks in.
Now, Im not sure about everyone else but Im not embarrassed to admit that I do not have the money to do this, I would essentially be without insurance if I lose what I currently have and have to go to the ACA.
The plan looks at what someone makes, it does not look at their bills. People like me, in my situation have in some cases extended themselves to a tight limit, Yes I make good money but I also have a 2500 a month mortgage payment, 400 min electric bill, and other bills as one would expect. Ive been doing fine with it, however, if I suddenly have to go to the ACA, Something has to go. I might have to sell my house and get something smaller without property, I might have to stop funding my daughters college, I can forget about the new car Im looking at (2017 corvette. Not the Z06) I might have to stop eating out, or giving contributions to the church.
None of this is important, there are people that are going to be losing their ability to access health care, even though they are paying high premiums. My care would be limited to catastrophic expenses. No more checkups, no more care for minor problems, and most likely no more long term medications.
So when I tell you that I dont give a flying F about that person that is suddenly getting insurance for 50 bucks a month, trust me, Im losing mine so he can have his and that is just not right when Ive made sure to cover myself and my family since I started working in 1978

Tell that to all those Coal Workers too. Oh wait, I thought you SUPPORT coalworkers? Just not their healthcare?

if I have always paid for the uninsured that indicates that they have always had healthcare. this indicates there is no problem. Keep it like it was.
The savings they talk about is not for the consumer, the savings is for the industry. I just cant understand how the left is so interested in giving an industry all this extra money all the sudden.

Tell that to all those Coal Workers too. Oh wait, I thought you SUPPORT coalworkers? Just not their healthcare?
coal workers can buy their own health care.
besides, where did I indicate I support coalworkers, do you just make shit up and pretend its real without knowing?

besides, where did I indicate I support coalworkers, do you just make shit up and pretend its real without knowing?

I agree with you. Fuck coal workers. They should get a job... they're outdated. Educate yourselves, find something better.

I agree with you. Fuck coal workers. They should get a job... they're outdated. Educate yourselves, find something better.
If the silly negro and his idiot liberals wouldnt have destroyed the industry this would not be an issue now would it.
The liberals caused it, so let the liberals fix it on their own.

If the silly negro and his idiot liberals wouldnt have destroyed the industry this would not be an issue now would it.

Oh, so you're just a nazi white supremacist. Got it.

How many black men have you murdered? You can be honest here on this forum.... you're well supported by other racist murderers and rapists.

Oh, so you're just a nazi white supremacist. Got it.

How many black men have you murdered?
WTF? you must be off on Monday, wait of course you are off, you are a liberal, Continue drinking.

Forum List

Back