Milwaukee Man Shot By Police -- Body Cam Footage Released

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
MPD releases body camera video from 2017 shooting of unarmed man

A young man (Jerry Smith Jr.) was shot by police in Milwaukee sometime last year -- the police claimed the man had a gun, so they shot him -- A couple of days ago his lawyers released the police body cam footage and it paints a very different picture from the police accounts. To recap, the shooting occurred last summer, two Milwaukee Police Department officers shot Smith three times on a rooftop near 29th and Wisconsin after a chase --

From the article: "In the video, at least four officers climb up to the roof and yell at Smith to get his hands in the air and to turn around. Just before they reach the top, one officer says, "He doesn't have a gun in his hand, but he was hiding behind an AC unit." The video shows Smith was not behind an air conditioning unit. As the officers approach him, Smith puts his hands out to the side. There's nothing in them. He begins to lower himself to the ground when the shots are fired.

Now when you run from the police, you leave yourself open to things like this happening -- I have also seen people calling for police to have the right to shoot any suspect for fleeing, no questions asked -- don't know how constitutional that is, but it looks more and more like we are giving police officers a pretty clear blank check to shoot people at will and then give false testimony as to what happened -- no matter what you feel about a police officer's justification to shoot anyone they feel threatened by -- it should never be acceptable for the police to give false testimony, manufacture evidence, etc.

So the police are lying to cover their no-good asses again?

What else is new?

We need to reign these bastards in.

What else is new?

I watched that video a few times -- and I am having a hard time trying to see how this shooting was justified...

But I still believe the cops won't be charged

What else is new?

I watched that video a few times -- and I am having a hard time trying to see how this shooting was justified...

But I still believe the cops won't be charged

Of course they won't, the slogan is "to serve protect and break a ni......... forget it.

Forum List

Back