Mind boggling. 3.5 years for MURDER?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Steven Simpson, Gay British Teen, Dies After Being Set On Fire At Birthday Party

A young British man has been convicted of manslaughter after killing a gay teen by setting him on fire.

The BBC reports that 20-year-old Jordan Sheard has been sentenced to three and a half years in jail for the death of Steven Simpson after pleading guilty to manslaughter charges. Simpson, 18, died one day after sustaining "significant burns" in June 2012, according to the report.

Simpson had Asperger's syndrome, a speech impairment and epilepsy, the Yorkshire Post noted. The teen had reportedly been dared to strip down to his underpants before being doused in tanning oil, after which Sheard set him aflame at the party. Other reports said that anti-gay messages, including "gay boy" and "I love d*ck," had been found scrawled across Simpson's body.

Steven Simpson, Gay British Teen, Dies After Being Set On Fire At Birthday Party

A young British man has been convicted of manslaughter after killing a gay teen by setting him on fire.

The BBC reports that 20-year-old Jordan Sheard has been sentenced to three and a half years in jail for the death of Steven Simpson after pleading guilty to manslaughter charges. Simpson, 18, died one day after sustaining "significant burns" in June 2012, according to the report.

Simpson had Asperger's syndrome, a speech impairment and epilepsy, the Yorkshire Post noted. The teen had reportedly been dared to strip down to his underpants before being doused in tanning oil, after which Sheard set him aflame at the party. Other reports said that anti-gay messages, including "gay boy" and "I love d*ck," had been found scrawled across Simpson's body.

I read that article earlier this morning and my jaw dropped. 3.5 years is ridiculously lenient.

I read that article earlier this morning and my jaw dropped. 3.5 years is ridiculously lenient.

You are clearly unaware of the facts .
The charge was manslaughter. Not murder .
Nobody aware of the facts believes the act was intended . The sentence was correct in prescribed terms -- see report for confirmation of legal case law .

At least no gun was used, you should be happy about how that gun control works in the UK

Nobody aware of the facts believes the act was intended . The sentence was correct in prescribed terms -- see report for confirmation of legal case law .

Bullshit. Anti-gay messages weren't accidentally written on Steven's body, he wasn't accidentally doused in tanning oil and the cigarette lighter didnt accidentally get held near him as it accidentally lit him on fire, after which Jordan accidentally ran away while Steven burned.

Bullshit. Anti-gay messages weren't accidentally written on Steven's body, he wasn't accidentally doused in tanning oil and the cigarette lighter didnt accidentally get held near him as it accidentally lit him on fire, after which Jordan accidentally ran away while Steven burned.

Why not acquaint yourself with what Manslaughter means .
Then check exactly what proportion of total blame this one guy was proven to be guilty of .

it is very easy to get emotionally worked up . But first know exactly what went on before regaling us with your crocodile impression .

Based on the (limited) information in the article, it sure sounds like there was malicious intent...

In Communist State, people do not have much intrinsic value. There are so many of them and most are just useless eaters. So when one is killed, it's not of much consequence as there are a multitude of replacements. Hence the light sentence.

Now if that person were to steal State Secrets or Misappropriate State Funds: Death. And deservedly so.

If Mr. Simpson was armed and could protect himself he'd probably be alive today.

If Mr. Simpson was armed and could protect himself he'd probably be alive today.

In your dreams .
Why make up a fantasy to suit your preconceived conclusion ? And then tell us all about it as though you have been inspired divinely .
Clown .

In Communist State, people do not have much intrinsic value. There are so many of them and most are just useless eaters. So when one is killed, it's not of much consequence as there are a multitude of replacements. Hence the light sentence.

Now if that person were to steal State Secrets or Misappropriate State Funds: Death. And deservedly so.

Very good . Which University did you attend to get your degree in gibberish?

Very good . Which University did you attend to get your degree in gibberish?

Forum List

Back