Minnesota Governor Signs Same-Sex Marriage Bill Into Law

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Last edited:
anchorman-teamjump.gif

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) has been telling Minnesotans for years that gay marriage could find its way into the state if they didn't act to stop it. On Tuesday, Bachmann's prediction came true: Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton (D) signed a bill that had been passed by the state Legislature, including by lawmakers who had worked alongside then-state Sen. Bachmann.

Bachmann campaigned tirelessly against gay marriage during her years in the state Senate, trying repeatedly and unsuccessfully to convince her colleagues that a constitutional amendment to define marriage as between one man and one woman should be placed before the voters.

Michele Bachmann Was Right! Gay Couples Will Marry In Minnesota

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) has been telling Minnesotans for years that gay marriage could find its way into the state if they didn't act to stop it. On Tuesday, Bachmann's prediction came true: Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton (D) signed a bill that had been passed by the state Legislature, including by lawmakers who had worked alongside then-state Sen. Bachmann.

Bachmann campaigned tirelessly against gay marriage during her years in the state Senate, trying repeatedly and unsuccessfully to convince her colleagues that a constitutional amendment to define marriage as between one man and one woman should be placed before the voters.

Poor Michelle. I wonder if she will hide in the bushes at any gay weddings like she does for gay parades.

She and Marcus can troll gay weddings for people to "treat" in their "clinic".

Hooray for Minnesota and hooray for America. We got us a cool dozen with more on the way!

Good news. :clap2:

Minnesota governor signs same-sex marriage bill into law ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) – Minnesota became the 12th state to legalize same-sex marriages Tuesday after Gov. Mark Dayton, a Democrat, signed a bill giving same-sex couples the right to marry.

"It's history," his Twitter account read, along with a photo of him signing the bill on the Capitol steps. The state Senate on Monday voted 37-30 in favor of approving the legislation.

Done the right way, through state legislative action, and not judicial fiat.

They put such an amendment before the voters last year - it lost.

>>>>

During the 2012 elections, they tried to put it on the ballot to write it into our State Constitution to make marriage between one man and one woman. That lost because it was writing discrimination into the Constitution and people didn't like that. Plus, at the time, gay marriage was already illegal. I believe that action helped propel this before the Legislature and helped it pass. There were some pretty despicable ads from the folks trying to get that ballot measure passed too. So I'm proud of my State. Way to go MN!!

It's a state issue so if they want it in Minnesota that's fine, it just shouldn't be forced on all the states by the federal government or by judges

Imposed on another state.

There's only one way this can end.

It wasn't imposed on anyone. It passed the State House and Senate and was signed into law by the Governor. Debate was allowed on the matter and voices were heard.

And how is this going to end anyway? If you mean my friend who has been with his partner for 32 years can finally get married then yes, that seems like a fair ending to me.

If the Justices in Loving had seen into the future and knew that their decision would lead to the legalization of perversion they might have decided it differently.

Imposed on another state.

There's only one way this can end.

It wasn't imposed on anyone. It passed the State House and Senate and was signed into law by the Governor. Debate was allowed on the matter and voices were heard.

And how is this going to end anyway? If you mean my friend who has been with his partner for 32 years can finally get married then yes, that seems like a fair ending to me.

This always ends the same way. All throughout history it has ended the same way. Acceptance of same sex marriage is a symptom of a much larger societal disease. The host fights off the disease.

Then it starts all over again.

Forum List

Back