Minnesota Governor Signs Same-Sex Marriage Bill Into Law

It is a reason for feeling miserable. This nation was once great, it is not a source of joy to watch it march down the same path as every other failure.

The fall of civilizations have many causes. Acceptance of the normalcy of homosexual relationships isn't a cause. It is a symptom of a culture already far along in decay. Had marriage not already been denigrated by broken homes, the ease of divorce and serial polyamory there would never be a discussion of same sex marriage. In the days of strong families the subject would never come up.

From observation of nations further along the downward spiral than we are, the former dominant and elastic culture is already being replaced by islam. A culture notoriously anti homosexual. This is the likely path we will follow too. It's working everywhere else.

Yup...divorce bad. Broken homes bad. Promiscuity bad. Me wanting my partner of 17 years to be protected in the event of my untimely demise...not bad. Cheer up...we want to GET married. Take that as a victory that we want to create a "stable bond between two individuals who work to create a loving household and a social and economic partnership."

Make a Will. Better than that, set up a Trust. I used to do that for same sex couples all the time. Get a good lawyer and set up a well crafted Trust.

Marriage equality is marriage elasticity leading to a goal of marriage extinction.
Masha Gessen, gay activist.

It is a reason for feeling miserable. This nation was once great, it is not a source of joy to watch it march down the same path as every other failure.

The fall of civilizations have many causes. Acceptance of the normalcy of homosexual relationships isn't a cause. It is a symptom of a culture already far along in decay. Had marriage not already been denigrated by broken homes, the ease of divorce and serial polyamory there would never be a discussion of same sex marriage. In the days of strong families the subject would never come up.

From observation of nations further along the downward spiral than we are, the former dominant and elastic culture is already being replaced by islam. A culture notoriously anti homosexual. This is the likely path we will follow too. It's working everywhere else.

Partisan reactionary nonsense.

You’re miserable because you perceive the loss of some advantage; you’re miserable because you fear diversity and dissent.

America is currently a great country, and the best America is yet to come.

The greatness of America is based upon the adherence and consistent application of our laws and principles, chief among them the rule of law, and equal access to the law.

Marriage equality is consistent with the original intent of the Framers of the Fifth and 14th Amendments.

Yup...divorce bad. Broken homes bad. Promiscuity bad. Me wanting my partner of 17 years to be protected in the event of my untimely demise...not bad. Cheer up...we want to GET married. Take that as a victory that we want to create a "stable bond between two individuals who work to create a loving household and a social and economic partnership."

Make a Will. Better than that, set up a Trust. I used to do that for same sex couples all the time. Get a good lawyer and set up a well crafted Trust.

Marriage equality is marriage elasticity leading to a goal of marriage extinction.

So you think I should have to pay thousands of dollars to get a fraction of the protections that come with legal marriage?

Sharon Reed and JoAnn Ritchie, partners for 17 years, had mutual power of attorney when JoAnn went to the hospital; they even had the paperwork with them. That didn’t keep a nurse who disapproved of lesbian relationships from refusing Sharon access to JoAnn’s room and bedside. JoAnn’s final conscious hours were spent without Sharon; by the time Sharon was allowed back into the room, the next day, JoAnn couldn’t be revived. JoAnn died not long after.

Another example: Janice Langbehn and Lisa Marie Pond and their children were on vacation in Florida when Lisa had an aneurysm. They each had granted the other power of attorney, but the Florida hospital chose not to recognize it for eight hours. For eight hours, Lisa lay dying alone in the hospital, while her spouse and children were forbidden contact with her. The usual counseling services that the hospital routinely provides for relatives of dying patients, were not offered to Lisa’s family. “Jackson Memorial social worker Defendant Frederick approached Janice and informed her that she should not expect to be provided any information on the condition of, or have the ability to be with Lisa Marie as they were in an ‘anti-gay city and state.’”

Why A Power Of Attorney Is No Substitute For Marriage When A Loved One Is In The Hospital

No thanks, I have a legal marriage...I'll keep that $65 solution that offers many, many more protections. It will offer even more in a couple of weeks when the SCOTUS strikes down Section 3 of DOMA.

If you want your partner of 17 years protected DO IT. Nothing is stopping you. Nothing has EVER stopped you.

So you think I should have to pay thousands of dollars to get a fraction of the protections that come with legal marriage?

Sharon Reed and JoAnn Ritchie, partners for 17 years, had mutual power of attorney when JoAnn went to the hospital; they even had the paperwork with them. That didn’t keep a nurse who disapproved of lesbian relationships from refusing Sharon access to JoAnn’s room and bedside. JoAnn’s final conscious hours were spent without Sharon; by the time Sharon was allowed back into the room, the next day, JoAnn couldn’t be revived. JoAnn died not long after.

Another example: Janice Langbehn and Lisa Marie Pond and their children were on vacation in Florida when Lisa had an aneurysm. They each had granted the other power of attorney, but the Florida hospital chose not to recognize it for eight hours. For eight hours, Lisa lay dying alone in the hospital, while her spouse and children were forbidden contact with her. The usual counseling services that the hospital routinely provides for relatives of dying patients, were not offered to Lisa’s family. “Jackson Memorial social worker Defendant Frederick approached Janice and informed her that she should not expect to be provided any information on the condition of, or have the ability to be with Lisa Marie as they were in an ‘anti-gay city and state.’”

Why A Power Of Attorney Is No Substitute For Marriage When A Loved One Is In The Hospital

No thanks, I have a legal marriage...I'll keep that $65 solution that offers many, many more protections. It will offer even more in a couple of weeks when the SCOTUS strikes down Section 3 of DOMA.

An unverfied BLOG is what you have? Seriously?

Assume for a moment that the blog is being truthful as far as it goes. I got news for you, it is not unusual for a hospital to deny the family, including spouses, contact with a patient for hours. These parties might have blamed "one nurse who disapproved of lesbian relationships" but that alone doesn't make it true, not at all. Prove it! What's the nurse's name, which hospital. Who went to the hospital administrator and filed a complaint? Where is a copy of that written complaint? Do we really know that such a nurse exists? Where is the lawsuit for an ENTIRE CITY and STATE's anti gay policies? Of course we don't know the city, or the state either. You might think that if such a thing really happened, the city and state would have made headlines around the world.

The BS smells from here and now.

When my husband was dying, he had a spouse and a power of attorney. Not only that, but the hospital required a specific power of attorney from each patient admitted. When the hospital decided that they no longer wanted to provide care, they disregarded the marriage, the power of attorney and their own power of attorney, to contact my husband's out of state daughter for permission to discontinue medical care.

Maybe it was a gay friendly hospital who would only recognize homosexual relationships. According to this blog, that could happen too.

Forum List

Back