Miracle Drug Causes 75% Reduction in PTSD Symptoms

the drugs they were giving my wife made it so she was lucky some days to even get out of bed...

It's not my place to suggest what you/she should have done but for me...... that's the point where it's time to check out.... permanently.
she was only 23 years old at that time.....35 years later she is now doing much much better...what you are talking about is giving up.....there are always alternatives.....you just dont like the alternatives.....or are scared of the alternatives...

It's simple: he's a bully, he's a psycho...and like most bullies, he's a pussy.

my wife was a major epileptic with gran mal siezures.....they tried every drug out there....they all kept her so sedated she could hardly function.....they were ready to write her off as one of the uncontrolled Epileptics even talking exploratory brain surgery.....her Neurologist said he has been following stories about Pot and Epilepsy and has a few patients using it with positive results as well as other Neurologists at UCI......he said i cant get it for you but its an alternative to consider if i can get it...... pot did more for her than any drug out there.....no more gran mals only Petit mals a few times a month.....and she can function....screw those fucking life sapping drugs.....

Harry, I'm sorry to hear about your wife's condition.

On a personal note, I like to think that in her position I would have made a different choice than the two of you did; but that's a matter of personal choice.

Bullshit. You would rather she were bedridden, sedated into a stupor, lobotomized, or dead. We both know I'm right, so don't bother to deny it.
well his choice was suicide...which kinda surprised me because,somewhere out there is an alternative....you just have to find it.....with the advent of the internet things are no longer just what the doctor knows and will tell you...many things some of them dont because they dont believe in that particular alternative....which sucked....now we get to know the whole picture...

No, you misunderstand: Anathema (who, I must note, posted HERE under a different name, and was banned) is a sadistic nut. He is batshit insane on the level of Charles Manson, and might be the purest, darkest example of evil this side of Stalin. (He's in a neck-and-neck race with JoeB for that one.)

she was only 23 years old at that time.....35 years later she is now doing much much better...what you are talking about is giving up.....there are always alternatives.....you just dont like the alternatives.....or are scared of the alternatives...

Liking them or not has nothing to do with it. It's about appropriateness so far as I'm concerned. I don't believe use of that product is appropriate and I would nit want to live with that type of illness.

Liking them or not has nothing to do with it. It's about appropriateness so far as I'm concerned. I don't believe use of that product is appropriate and I would nit want to live with that type of illness.
what illness?.....

Guess Which Miracle Drug Causes 75% Reduction in PTSD Symptoms? (Hint: It's Federally Illegal)
By Phillip Smith

<snip>

New clinical research suggests there is something that can help: Marijuana. Yep, you read that right. The Journal of Psychoactive Drugs this week published results from a New Mexico study that found patients reported an average 75% reduction in all three areas of PTSD symptoms while using marijuana.

Patients in the study all met the diagnostic criteria for PTSD and were symptomatic. When they used marijuana, they reported significant relief from PTSD symptoms, as well as a lack of harm or problems functioning because of marijuana use. The study used a standard PTSD evaluation tool to rate the frequency and intensity of symptoms.

<snip>

My guess is; Conservatives will continue to tell our tortured veterans to GFY.

I'm curious who funded the study as Federal Funding for studying weed is non-existent. I didn't read the report, but it makes sense. 75% sounds about right.

Limited research also indicate that cannabinoids prevent cancer. Good for appetite loss for chemo patients. Good for asthma. Good for headaches and hangovers. Cures boredom. Good for pain. Good for nausea.
Read the original paper.

It wasn't a study at all.

The conclusion matches up with observable reality. You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. I'd also acknowledge ( this paper apparently puts the figure at 25% ) that marijuana freaks some people out. For most of us, it lowers blood pressure and relieves stress. I also know that it can suppress nightmares, which can be a symptom of PTSD. That's not to say that there aren't side effects.

Marijuana as protection against cancer;
Cannabis and Cannabinoids PDQ - National Cancer Institute

"One study in mice and rats suggested that cannabinoids may have a protective effect against the development of certain types of tumors.[3] During this 2-year study, groups of mice and rats were given various doses of THC by gavage. A dose-related decrease in the incidence of hepatic adenoma tumors and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) was observed in the mice. Decreased incidences of benign tumors (polyps and adenomas) in other organs (mammary gland, uterus, pituitary, testis, and pancreas) were also noted in the rats. In another study, delta-9-THC, delta-8-THC, and cannabinol were found to inhibit the growth of Lewis lung adenocarcinoma cells in vitro and in vivo .[4] In addition, other tumors have been shown to be sensitive to cannabinoid-induced growth inhibition.[5-8]"
Irrelevant.

I have no problem with administering MJ if it shows that it actually solves a problem. In this case, the study was a farce.

They literally too people that has a LEGAL motivation to smoke MJ AND had already determined it was going to help their symptoms AND then failed to provide a control group.

IOW, it wasn't even remotly scientific. Their numbers are completely meaningless. I would like to see a REAL study that addresses the idea. That is how you get to real cures that have real bonafide results. People that perform studies like this one are looking to justify a preconceived notion and do not help in actually creating cures for anything. 'It makes sense' or 'you dont need a weatherman' are not excuses here. The idea that it solves a major medical prognosis is NOT something that simply 'makes sense.' I don't care if you willingly go out and administer the drug to yourself to see if it works - that is another case altogether. Freedom should allow you to address your needs however you see fit. Getting it in the medical community and making it a viable cure requires a LOT more than that.

what illness?.....

We were discussing your wife's severe epilepsy but I have a list of diseases and handicaps which I have no interest in fighting or dealing with.
well after we went out of the traditional box so to speak.....things started improving.....from 18 seizures a month to now maybe a 2-3 a year....im not saying pot is responsible for ALL of this...but it was a big help at alleviating her condition,calming her nervous system is the way the Neurologist described it....this new drug Topiramate is doing her good so far.....its the only one she takes now....no side effects that we can see....

well after we went out of the traditional box so to speak.....things started improving.....from 18 seizures a month to now maybe a 2-3 a year....im not saying pot is responsible for ALL of this...but it was a big help at alleviating her condition,calming her nervous system is the way the Neurologist described it....this new drug Topiramate is doing her good so far.....its the only one she takes now....no side effects that we can see....

Glad to hear she's doing well.

I'm one of those silly people called ideologues. It doesn't make life easy but some of us feel it will have an eventual payoff down the road.

Glad to hear she's doing well.

I'm one of those silly people called ideologues. It doesn't make life easy but some of us feel it will have an eventual payoff down the road.
well i wish you well and hope you get a non-death payoff down the road....

It does? Bless your heart. I can assure you no one is going to remember you at all much less anything you did a few decades from now.

It does? Bless your heart. I can assure you no one is going to remember you at all much less anything you did a few decades from now.

Why is it necessary to be remembered? Isn't living a decent life its own reward?

Why is it necessary to be remembered? Isn't living a decent life its own reward?
Humans are self centered hubris filled sacks of crap for the most part. No one wants to admit there is a pine box in their future. So they delude themselves into believing that their great great grand kids will be having discussions about them at the dinner table. But they won't. The reality is their part in history ends when the kids swoop in and sell their stuff. Sooner if they don't leave anything for them. Of course there are exceptions to the rule. But most people never become President. As far as living a decent life. Well I say decency has little to do with it. If you are happy with the life you choose that is all that should matter.

Humans are self centered hubris filled sacks of crap for the most part. No one wants to admit there is a pine box in their future. So they delude themselves into believing that their great great grand kids will be having discussions about them at the dinner table. But they won't. The reality is their part in history ends when the kids swoop in and sell their stuff. Sooner if they don't leave anything for them. Of course there are exceptions to the rule. But most people never become President. As far as living a decent life. Well I say decency has little to do with it. If you are happy with the life you choose that is all that should matter.
Na, nano tech is coming along nicely. I, for one, am going to live forever :D

Forum List

Back