Misery index the highest in 28 years

Damn you CON$ are thick! I already pointed out the debt numbers I used that show Bush's $6 trillion spending spree do not show a surplus during the Clinton years.

Calling conservatives thick is not an answer to my question. Your statement that prompted my question is this:

Wha' hoppen to Clinton's deficit interest?

And, your response to the Obama stimulus addition to the FY2009 budget and blaming that deficit spending on Bush was BS. Feel free to subtract the amount that Obama spent on all of those 'shovel ready' jobs.
The only deficit during the Clinton terms was the $2 trillion in interest on the $3 trillion Reagan/Bush I in deficits they ran up and passed on to Clinton. As you can see from St Ronnie's speech below, there is about $90 billion in interest per trillion of debt. Reagan and Bush I ran up about $3.5 trillion which is about $315 billion per year for the 8 Clinton years which comes to about $2.5 trillion total in interest which is about equal to Clinton's total deficit for his 8 years.

Obama added $32 billion in stimulus spending by Sept 30, 2009 to Bush II's 2009 fiscal budget, so feel free to deduct it.

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/speeches/1981/21881a.htm
Address Before a Joint Session of the Congress on the Program for Economic Recovery - February 18, 1981

Our national debt is approaching $1 trillion. A few weeks ago I called such a figure, a trillion dollars, incomprehensible, and I've been trying ever since to think of a way to illustrate how big a trillion really is. And the best I could come up with is that if you had a stack of thousand-dollar bills in your hand only 4 inches high, you'd be a millionaire. A trillion dollars would be a stack of thousand-dollar bills 67 miles high. The interest on the public debt this year we know will be over $90 billion, and unless we change the proposed spending for the fiscal year beginning October 1st, we'll add another almost $80 billion to the debt.

Do you have any idea what a link is?
Fiscal
Year Year
Ending National Debt Deficit
FY1993 09/30/1993 $4.411488 trillion
FY1994 09/30/1994 $4.692749 trillion $281.26 billion
FY1995 09/29/1995 $4.973982 trillion $281.23 billion
FY1996 09/30/1996 $5.224810 trillion $250.83 billion
FY1997 09/30/1997 $5.413146 trillion $188.34 billion
FY1998 09/30/1998 $5.526193 trillion $113.05 billion
FY1999 09/30/1999 $5.656270 trillion $130.08 billion
FY2000 09/29/2000 $5.674178 trillion $17.91 billion
FY2001 09/28/2001 $5.807463 trillion $133.29 billion
The far right number is his budget deficit each year
this is called backing up your information'
The Link Provided Above is Allegedly False

Some people have claimed that the link I provided (Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)) is an illegitimate or fraudulent site that provides false numbers. I don't know where that accusation comes from or why people think that, but I've seen at least some comments that criticize the link because it doesn't point to U.S. Department of the Treasury. To verify that my link is to a valid government information source, please follow these steps:

Go to the U.S. Treasury website: U.S. Department of the Treasury
Click on "Bureaus": Takes you to Bureaus
Click on "Bureau of the Public Debt": Takes you to Bureau of the Public Debt: Homepage
Scroll down to the section "The U.S. Public Debt" and click on "See the U.S. Public Debt to the Penny."
This takes you to the link I originally provided: Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

The assertion that my article points people to a fraudulent website is incorrect. I am providing a direct link to the U.S. Treasury, Bureau of the Public Debt, National Debt to the Penny website. This is the official website that the U.S. government provides which allows the public to track the debt.

Some people have claimed that the link I provided (Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)) is an illegitimate or fraudulent site that provides false numbers. I don't know where that accusation comes from or why people think that, but I've seen at least some comments that criticize the link because it doesn't point to U.S. Department of the Treasury. To verify that my link is to a valid government information source, please follow these steps:

Click on "Bureau of the Public Debt": Takes you to Bureau of the Public Debt: Homepage
Scroll down to the section "The U.S. Public Debt" and click on "See the U.S. Public Debt to the Penny."
This takes you to the link I originally provided: Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

The assertion that my article points people to a fraudulent website is incorrect. I am providing a direct link to the U.S. Treasury, Bureau of the Public Debt, National Debt to the Penny website. This is the official website that the U.S. government provides which allows the public to track the debt.

The Myth of the Clinton Surplus

Damn you CON$ are thick! I already pointed out the debt numbers I used that show Bush's $6 trillion spending spree do not show a surplus during the Clinton years.

Calling conservatives thick is not an answer to my question. Your statement that prompted my question is this:

And, your response to the Obama stimulus addition to the FY2009 budget and blaming that deficit spending on Bush was BS. Feel free to subtract the amount that Obama spent on all of those 'shovel ready' jobs.
The only deficit during the Clinton terms was the $2 trillion in interest on the $3 trillion Reagan/Bush I in deficits they ran up and passed on to Clinton. As you can see from St Ronnie's speech below, there is about $90 billion in interest per trillion of debt. Reagan and Bush I ran up about $3.5 trillion which is about $315 billion per year for the 8 Clinton years which comes to about $2.5 trillion total in interest which is about equal to Clinton's total deficit for his 8 years.

Obama added $32 billion in stimulus spending by Sept 30, 2009 to Bush II's 2009 fiscal budget, so feel free to deduct it.
If you think the interest on the debt during the Clinton years was 9%, you're more confused than I thought. And as long as we're subtracting from Bush's 2009 budget, why don't we subtract the TARP money that Bush spent that was repaid under Obama? And subtract the repayment from Obama, just to keep things fair.

Address Before a Joint Session of the Congress on the Program for Economic Recovery - February 18, 1981

Our national debt is approaching $1 trillion. A few weeks ago I called such a figure, a trillion dollars, incomprehensible, and I've been trying ever since to think of a way to illustrate how big a trillion really is. And the best I could come up with is that if you had a stack of thousand-dollar bills in your hand only 4 inches high, you'd be a millionaire. A trillion dollars would be a stack of thousand-dollar bills 67 miles high. The interest on the public debt this year we know will be over $90 billion, and unless we change the proposed spending for the fiscal year beginning October 1st, we'll add another almost $80 billion to the debt.

Do you have any idea what a link is?
Fiscal
Year Year
Ending National Debt Deficit
FY1993 09/30/1993 $4.411488 trillion
FY1994 09/30/1994 $4.692749 trillion $281.26 billion
FY1995 09/29/1995 $4.973982 trillion $281.23 billion
FY1996 09/30/1996 $5.224810 trillion $250.83 billion
FY1997 09/30/1997 $5.413146 trillion $188.34 billion
FY1998 09/30/1998 $5.526193 trillion $113.05 billion
FY1999 09/30/1999 $5.656270 trillion $130.08 billion
FY2000 09/29/2000 $5.674178 trillion $17.91 billion
FY2001 09/28/2001 $5.807463 trillion $133.29 billion
The far right number is his budget deficit each year
this is called backing up your information'

Some people have claimed that the link I provided (Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)) is an illegitimate or fraudulent site that provides false numbers. I don't know where that accusation comes from ...http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...nbXVDQ&usg=AFQjCNENavjJdU0ephGXPiQmwNgBYMigVg
That accusation comes from your imagination!! It was I who provided the debt link to the site you now claim you provided in the past. YOU provided a link to the Heritage Foundation and that was the link that was exposed as fraudulent!!!! If you remember I pointed out you had to have access to the site you just posted to know that there was no Clinton surplus and therefore you also had to know the Heritage chart you posted repeatedly was illegitimate!!!!! Thank you for proving it with this post!!!

BTW, the numbers you just posted confirm my claim that Clinton had a total deficit of about $2.5 trillion for all 8 years.

If you think the interest on the debt during the Clinton years was 9%, you're more confused than I thought. And as long as we're subtracting from Bush's 2009 budget, why don't we subtract the TARP money that Bush spent that was repaid under Obama? And subtract the repayment from Obama, just to keep things fair.
I used the numbers provided by St Ronnie, the God of modern CON$ervatism, that you edited out in your reply. Are you calling Reagan a premeditated liar???

Here it is again so you can't miss it:

Our national debt is approaching $1 trillion.
A few weeks ago I called such a figure, a trillion dollars, incomprehensible, and I've been trying ever since to think of a way to illustrate how big a trillion really is. And the best I could come up with is that if you had a stack of thousand-dollar bills in your hand only 4 inches high, you'd be a millionaire. A trillion dollars would be a stack of thousand-dollar bills 67 miles high. The interest on the public debt this year we know will be over $90 billion, and unless we change the proposed spending for the fiscal year beginning October 1st, we'll add another almost $80 billion to the debt.

I used the numbers provided by St Ronnie, the God of modern CON$ervatism, that you edited out in your reply. Are you calling Reagan a premeditated liar???
Wow! You don't understand that rates were higher during Reagan's terms, because of inflation?
Are you a premediated moron? LOL!

Wow! You don't understand that rates were higher during Reagan's terms, because of inflation?
Here is a source respected by CON$ that shows about the same interest numbers I used for the 1990s.

b-obama-budget-gimmicks-2011-chart-2_1515.jpg

Here is a source respected by CON$ that shows about the same interest numbers I used for the 1990s.

Why don't you show the rates? The rates that were lower than during Reagan's terms?

Why don't you show the rates? The rates that were lower than during Reagan's terms?
I said that the interest on the GOP debt during Clinton's 8 years was about $315 billion per year and the Heritage chart shows pretty much the same thing, whatever the rates were!!!

The GOP debt during the Clinton years? Excuse me, who was in charge of the Congress for most of the time when that debt was run up? How many years was it before the GOP last had control of the House before 1994? Whose major responsibility is it under the constitution to raise taxes and decide where to spend it?

The GOP debt during the Clinton years? Excuse me, who was in charge of the Congress for most of the time when that debt was run up? How many years was it before the GOP last had control of the House before 1994? Whose major responsibility is it under the constitution to raise taxes and decide where to spend it?
Who was president while that debt was run up? Who signs the spending bills? Who has veto power over the spending bills? Whose major responsibility is it under the Constitution to veto any reckless spending bills and tax increases? Including interest, the GOP OWNS $12 trillion of the $14.5 trillion in national debt!!!

Last edited:
Who was president while that debt was run up? Who signs the spending bills? Who has veto power over the spending bills? Whose major responsibility is it under the Constitution to veto any reckless spending bills and tax increases? Including interest, the GOP OWNS $12 trillion of the $14.5 trillion in national debt!!!

So Congress gets off scot free? Maybe in your world, in mine everybody involved should take a hit. BTW, The Dems own about 1 trillion under Kennedy/LBJ/Carter, another 1.5 trillion or so under Clinton, and pushing 5 trillion under your boy BO. I'm thinking the Dems own as much as the GOP does.

So Congress gets off scot free? Maybe in your world, in mine everybody involved should take a hit. BTW, The Dems own about 1 trillion under Kennedy/LBJ/Carter, another 1.5 trillion or so under Clinton, and pushing 5 trillion under your boy BO. I'm thinking the Dems own as much as the GOP does.
Congress owns everything they passed over a presidential veto. I noticed you left out Nixon and Ford's debt! Kennedy and Johnson added about $70 billion to the debt and Carter about $300 billion, Nixon/Ford added about $650 billion and Clinton's deficits were about equal to the interest on the GOP debt he inherited. The GOP still owns $12 trillion of the $14.5 trillion national debt if you include the interest on the debt each president racked up.

I said that the interest on the GOP debt during Clinton's 8 years was about $315 billion per year and the Heritage chart shows pretty much the same thing, whatever the rates were!!!

I guess none of that interest was from Clinton's deficits?
LOL!

Well maybe if the Dems had made the spending cuts under Reagan like they agreed to, the deficits in those years wouldn't have been as bad. Putting it all on Reagan is BS, he can't write the legislation.

The truth is that both political parties are responsible for the debt crisis, trying to blame one side over the other is BS. If anybody wants to play games with the numbers and point fingers, have at it.

Well maybe if the Dems had made the spending cuts under Reagan like they agreed to, the deficits in those years wouldn't have been as bad. Putting it all on Reagan is BS, he can't write the legislation.

The truth is that both political parties are responsible for the debt crisis, trying to blame one side over the other is BS. If anybody wants to play games with the numbers and point fingers, have at it.
Truth...and some day? The Government will be called to account at the hands of the people.

LOL!
Clinton's deficits were less than the interest on the debt Reagan and Bush I passed on to him. You can't honestly blame the interest on the GOP debt on Clinton, now can you? Oh that's Right, you're a CON$ervative so yes it's Clinton's fault the GOP borrow and spend.

Apparently they made all the cuts Reagan wanted because he signed the bills without a veto!

LOL!
Clinton's deficits were less than the interest on the debt Reagan and Bush I passed on to him. You can't honestly blame the interest on the GOP debt on Clinton, now can you? Oh that's Right, you're a CON$ervative so yes it's Clinton's fault the GOP borrow and spend.
Since you haven't shown what the rates were, while Clinton was President, you can't make that claim.
Why can't I blame the interest on Clinton?
He could have paid off the debt and he didn't.
Didn't the nasty GOP Congress spend less money than Clinton wanted?
You can't give Clinton credit for GOP stinginess, can you?
Oh, that's right, you're a Lieberal, that's what you do, lie.

Apparently they made all the cuts Reagan wanted because he signed the bills without a veto!

Tip O'Neil promised $2 of spending cuts for every dollar of tax increases and then never followed through with the cuts. I wonder which party Tip belonged to........?

LOL!
Since you haven't shown what the rates were, while Clinton was President, you can't make that claim.
Why can't I blame the interest on Clinton?
He could have paid off the debt and he didn't.
Didn't the nasty GOP Congress spend less money than Clinton wanted?
You can't give Clinton credit for GOP stinginess, can you?
Oh, that's right, you're a Lieberal, that's what you do, lie.
What difference does it make what the rates were, the interest payments were around $300 billion per year according to the CON$ervative Heritage Foundation and Clinton's budget deficits averaged about $175 billion, so Clinton covered all of his spending and almost half of the interest on the GOP spending.

Forum List

Back