Miss Universe Could Be Going To Jail

I read about that earlier. She knew what she was doing was wrong and I don't care what her "employers" told her to do. If they told her to rob a bank while wearing shoes, would she have done it? No. Wearing shoes or doing photo ops at the Taj Mahal is NO! She has a mouth. She should have refused.

I don't see the problem :confused:

I sure as hell hope she doesn't go to jail for such a minor thing. If she'd modeled shoes at the Lincoln Memorial in D.C. would she be threatened with jailtime?

Nowadays, probably maced by the National Park Service.

It will come to nothing, possibly a fine to pay. It is the law of the land. When in other countries, you have to obey their laws. She is an adult, so repsonsible for her actions, and, as we know, ignorance of the law is no excuse. However, the company promoting the shoes should be the one paying the fine.

As far as ignoring all other laws in the country when there are worse crimes? How stupid is that? What an argument like that implies is that as we have people in the US who do mass shootings, we should simply ignore pick pockets, shop lifters, people who go through stop signs, etc.

I remember they give you little paper slippers to wear when you enter the grounds, but those probably wouldn't have made much of a high fashion photo shoot.

It's India...all they need to do is discreetly hand an envelope of cash to the right person and things will be broomed.

These days babus (bureaucrats) are a bit nervous about taking bribes. The Anti Corruption Bureau has stepped up sting operations big time for past few years.

Mountain, meet molehill...
75_75.gif

These ASI folk in India need to take a friggin' chill-pill...

It might be against the law for somebody to do a commercial photo-shoot on a US Federal war-memorial, for example...

But I don't think the model(s) should be faced with years in jail over it, fer Crissakes...

Want a pound of flesh?

Issue warrants on the executive leadership or owners of the sponsor-company(ies) and the pageant-organization for consenting to the use of their motif and contest-winner...

If you have to smack-down somebody, smack down the Big Shots, not the Little People...

Even still... tempest in a teapot... much ado about damned-near nothing...

Probably best just to tell the Indians to go screw themselves over that one, if it comes down to that...

Especially if they get all pissy and faux outraged and demand extradition...

I wonder if the Indians will be smart enough to figure that one out in advance, and not bother issuing warrants; thereby saving themselves the embarrassment of swinging at empty air?

Last edited:
It was only shoes on a bench seat, big deal - but she does have to follow the rules and customs of that country, and she could have refused...

So is our new Miss Universe a lemming? Everyone knows shoes are not allowed there. They also needed a permit. She wore shoes KNOWING it was a no no. Isn't she Indian by blood? Point is..she KNEW. Yet did as ordered. Pfffffft.

Follow the rules of the country or pay the price. She knew. She didn't balk. Don't throw her in prison...just make the promoters pay the fine and she do some community service or something. But over there..not here. Over there is where she ignored what she knew was wrong. Let her hand out the paper slippers to tourists for a week, then call it even.

It was only shoes on a bench seat, big deal - but she does have to follow the rules and customs of that country, and she could have refused...

The thing it, the TAj Mahal being what it is, if they didn't have a law against using it as a backdrop for advertising or any type of promotional activity, it would be overrun by people doing just that. It is their property to manage as they want to manage it. It is a national treasure for India, a great historic treasure, and they are completely reasonable in protecting it and its image to the hilt.

It's India...all they need to do is discreetly hand an envelope of cash to the right person and things will be broomed.

Marc Rich discovered (well his wife did at any rate) that works here in the US as well....

So is our new Miss Universe a lemming? Everyone knows shoes are not allowed there. They also needed a permit. She wore shoes KNOWING it was a no no. Isn't she Indian by blood? Point is..she KNEW. Yet did as ordered. Pfffffft.

Follow the rules of the country or pay the price. She knew. She didn't balk. Don't throw her in prison...just make the promoters pay the fine and she do some community service or something. But over there..not here. Over there is where she ignored what she knew was wrong. Let her hand out the paper slippers to tourists for a week, then call it even.

Actually, where she was, shoes are allowed. She was outside the temple, on the grounds walking around. That's where this incident took place. There is a bench in front of the temple where Princess Diana famously had her photo taken, alone w/o Charles, and that bench has become a focus for visitors who all have their photo taken there. That is where the shoe incident took place. This has to do with using the Taj as a backdrop for advertising, not trying to enter the temple with shoes on.

Based on what I read, the incident took place at this bench.

seat2.jpg

Here face is cute except for the fact the eyes are different sizes and her eyebrows are fucked up. Kinda average as a late 1980's co-ed but I guess all the stupid people are breeding and they are lucky to get a half way descent looking broad at that age.

Forum List

Back