🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mississippi & Louisiana Join Refusal to Honor Same Sex "Marriage"

They wont. There is no law requiring a state to issue a marriage license.
Actually, there are state laws that do require that clerks or whoever is in charge of issuing them do so. In Texas the law states that a license "shall" issue. And even if there is discretion in the statute, if that discretion is exercised such that gay couples are not given licenses, that is illegal. You do realize that in about 99% of the country, clerks are issuing licenses without any problem, right?
Quote the statute or shut the fuck up.
States are not required to maintain a program of issuing marriage licenses. Arguably they should never have done that.
I guess they did not teach reading in the backwards ass school named after some dead racist you attended. Every state currently has a law that requires that persons who wish to marry obtain a license from the state to register that marriage. That would be kinda why, you retarded product of inbreeding, that there was a case before the Supreme Court that addressed whether a state, when issuing said license, could only issue them to straight couples. Other than the few states that still recognize common law marriages, you are required to obtain a marriage license first. Can a state pass a new law that eliminates the license requirement and stops legally recognizing marriages? Sure. There could not be more than a handful of state officials who share your utter stupidity and would propose that.
Quote the statute or shut the fuck up. Won't tell you again.
You are truly stupid. There are fifty such statutes. That you are to much a fucking moron to know that is your problem. Read the Texas AG's opinion. He quotes from the Texas statute.
Quote one or shuit the fuck up. Last chance.

Actually, there are state laws that do require that clerks or whoever is in charge of issuing them do so. In Texas the law states that a license "shall" issue. And even if there is discretion in the statute, if that discretion is exercised such that gay couples are not given licenses, that is illegal. You do realize that in about 99% of the country, clerks are issuing licenses without any problem, right?
States are not required to maintain a program of issuing marriage licenses. Arguably they should never have done that.
I guess they did not teach reading in the backwards ass school named after some dead racist you attended. Every state currently has a law that requires that persons who wish to marry obtain a license from the state to register that marriage. That would be kinda why, you retarded product of inbreeding, that there was a case before the Supreme Court that addressed whether a state, when issuing said license, could only issue them to straight couples. Other than the few states that still recognize common law marriages, you are required to obtain a marriage license first. Can a state pass a new law that eliminates the license requirement and stops legally recognizing marriages? Sure. There could not be more than a handful of state officials who share your utter stupidity and would propose that.
You are truly stupid. There are fifty such statutes. That you are to much a fucking moron to know that is your problem. Read the Texas AG's opinion. He quotes from the Texas statute.
I did. Try to keep up.

Here is Louisiana's law requiring a marriage license.
205 Officiant to require marriage license

An officiant may not perform a marriage ceremony until he has received a license authorizing him to perform that marriage ceremony.

Louisiana Revised Statutes - Title 9: Civil Code-Ancillaries - Code Title IV: Husband and Wife - Chapter 1: Marriage General Principles - Part I. Officiants

no my standards are not in question...you are the one who compared it to the clerks in germany just doing their jobs...so tell me how this is the same....go on .....you seem to have a problem with that

I posted two. Will you now shut your racist hole?

They wont. There is no law requiring a state to issue a marriage license.
Here, dumbass: "See TEX. FAM. CODE ANN. § 2.00I(a) (West 2006) ("A man and a woman desiring to enter into a ceremonial marriage must obtain a marriage license from the county clerk of any county of this state."). The Family Code provides that the "county clerk shall ... execute the clerk's certificate on the application" if the application complies with the statutory requirements. Id. § 2.008(a)." "Shall issue.." Did they teach you what the word "shall" means in the Nathan Bedford Forrest School for Asshole Racists you attended?
You clearly are unable to read and understand what you are readong.

no my standards are not in question...you are the one who compared it to the clerks in germany just doing their jobs...so tell me how this is the same....go on .....you seem to have a problem with that
It appears your argument is if people are not being gassed thn they are not suffering any disability. Is that actually your argument?

I did. Try to keep up.

An officiant may not perform a marriage ceremony until he has received a license authorizing him to perform that marriage ceremony.

Louisiana Revised Statutes - Title 9: Civil Code-Ancillaries - Code Title IV: Husband and Wife - Chapter 1: Marriage General Principles - Part I. Officiants
None of that says the state must sponsor marriage licenses. You clearly do not understand law. Or anything else for that matter.

I did. Try to keep up.

None of that says the state must sponsor marriage licenses. You clearly do not understand law. Or anything else for that matter.
The states are not leaving the marriage business little moron.

Just grow up and deal with the fact that faggots can now get married in the US.

One of the best things about laws is that they can be enacted, changed, repealed or revised almost at whim.

I did. Try to keep up.

It just says they have to issue them, completely the opposite of your repeated claims. If the law says that you cannot marry without a license, to anyone with an education beyond the fourth grade that means that they have to issue them.

I did. Try to keep up.

It just says they have to issue them, completely the opposite of your repeated claims. If the law says that you cannot marry without a license, to anyone with an education beyond the fourth grade that means that they have to issue them.
It actually says nothing of the kind. As usual you are tlaking out of your ass.

Rabbi, Alabama refused to issue interracial marriage licences for three years after the courts decision in Loving v. Virginia. Guess what? They issue them now.

Loving v. Virginia - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

You can add American History to the long list of things you are clueless about.
See you actually can post proof if you put your little mind to it!

I always had the proof, ding dong. I just thought it was funny to use your own signature against you.

Enjoy that heaping slice of humble pie I just served you. It should go well with your sullen tears. :crybaby:

I did. Try to keep up.

So, they did not teach you what the word "shall" means.

Rabbi, Alabama refused to issue interracial marriage licences for three years after the courts decision in Loving v. Virginia. Guess what? They issue them now.

Loving v. Virginia - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

You can add American History to the long list of things you are clueless about.
See you actually can post proof if you put your little mind to it!

I always had the proof, ding dong. I just thought it was funny to use your own signature against you.

Enjoy that heaping slice of humble pie I just served you. It should go well with your sullen tears. :crybaby:
Sure you did. Kewl story, bro.

I did. Try to keep up.

So, they did not teach you what the word "shall" means.
That's an admission of failure right there.

Forum List

Back