Missouri AG suing New York over “unconstitutional lawfare against President Trump”

progressive hunter

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2018
I am glad to see someone is taking a legal stand against the election interference being committed by the democratic party,,

and also its our own missouri AG doing the leg work,,

It's good that Missouri is taking the stupid state label away from Kansas.

I am glad to see someone is taking a legal stand against the election interference being committed by the democratic party,,

Chucklin' Chuck Schumer will be frowning down upon Andy on this one for sure!

Good luck with that one.

:auiqs.jpg:

I thought an AG had to have an education?

YOu seem very confused...

What part of my sarcastic, dismissive post sounds "scared" to you?
the fact that you said it,,,

just like all your threads youre scared shitless trump is going to put a stop to the raping of our country by you and your OWG friends,,

to bad for you the more you talk the more support trump gets,,

he will get my vote this time because of people like you

so donald trump thanks you for your support,,

the fact that you said it,,,

just like all your threads youre scared shitless trump is going to put a stop to the raping of our country by you and your OWG friends,,

to bad for you the more you talk the more support trump gets,,

he will get my vote this time because of people like you

so donald trump thanks you for your support,,
You still haven't figured out that most of my posts are about laughing at you tRumplings?

Wow, you really are thick.

Hopefully he will get justice for Trump. Trump failed to get justice in NY, and he failed to get justice in the courts in late 2020. It's hard to believe this is happening in America.

---Missouri AG to sue New York over unconstitutional lawfare against Trump---

‘Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey announced Thursday night that he plans to sue the state of New York in retaliation for Donald Trump’s criminal conviction. The conservative AG vowed to “restore the rule of law”—but not the ones that found Trump guilty, of course—and deemed Trump’s hush-money trial “unconstitutional lawfare.”

[…]

But it doesn’t seem like Bailey understands the law in New York at all, and it doesn’t look like he’s paid much attention to the details of Trump’s hush-money trial. According to Axios, Bailey is pursuing his lawsuit against New York on the basis that the statute of limitations for misdemeanor business records falsification expired in 2019.

There’s just two big hiccups with Bailey’s argument: Trump was indicted on 34 felony counts, not misdemeanors, and the statute of limitations for those felonies is five years after the start of criminal proceedings—not two like with misdemeanors. It’s also unclear where Bailey is getting 2019 as a statute of limitations from: The federal criminal proceedings against Trump kicked off in 2018 after an explosive Wall Street Journal story stated Trump’s former fixer Michael Cohen paid off Stormy Daniels in 2016. The FBI soon raided Cohen, who that same year pleaded guilty to giving hush-money payments to Daniels and another woman, claiming he did so on Trump’s behalf. State criminal proceedings based on Cohen’s testimony formally began in August 2019, four years before Trump was indicted and five years before he was convicted, all of which fall well within New York’s five-year statute of limitations.’

Bailey’s ignorance of the law is exceeded only by his contempt for the rule of law.

More political theater from the dishonest right, lying about ‘lawfare’ and ‘restoring’ the rule of law.

Forum List

Back