Missouri Bill Would Require All First Graders To Take NRA-Sponsored Gun Class

Really? All you "small government" folks are okay with the state mandating this?

Funny.. it is not a federal mandate.. and if the locality or county or city or state wants this.. .that is on them...

Personally... I would rather have this as part of the curriculum than multiculturalism worship... I would rather have the miniscule amount spent on a standard message to be taught for safety than huge amounts spent by any level of government on handouts for laziness

Really? All you "small government" folks are okay with the state mandating this?

You mean that schools teaching children practical knowledge to keep them safe? Yeah. Why on earth would i have problems with states regulating the cirriculum of state run schools?

Now, if the Feds did it, that's another story. You do realize that us "small government" folks are arguing for the Constitution which mandates the Federal government be limited. Generally, we don't have the same issue with state and local governments.

Why is it people like to pretend we don't live in a Federalist system where governments at each level have different functions?

It's not about me - it's about whether the parents have any say in this.

BTW - of course parents have say in the cirriculum. They are the ones who vote in the representatives to create it.

All you "big government" people are OK with denying the opportunity to teach children to be safe?

They can't enroll in an NRA class outside of school? You want to fucking mandate that kids learn about guns but a doctor can't ask if there are guns in a home? What is wrong with you people?

All you "big government" people are OK with denying the opportunity to teach children to be safe?

They can't enroll in an NRA class outside of school? You want to fucking mandate that kids learn about guns but a doctor can't ask if there are guns in a home? What is wrong with you people?

All the kids are learning about is being able to say "Hey this is a gun" and then "Hey, maybe I should go tell a grownup about it"

Doctors being mandated to ask about firearm ownership is at the best pointless, and at the worst a percursor to those doctors being required to report this to the authorites, thus violating doctor patient privildige.

Learn the safety of what to do or not to do if they come across a gun....

Not quite the same as a doctor prying into the private home of citizens to look for information for the government

What the fuck is wrong with YOU??

I don't know. I guess we think people should be educated in a school and doctors should treat our wounds and illnesses instead of policing us. We are kind of crazy that way.

Learn the safety of what to do or not to do if they come across a gun....

Not quite the same as a doctor prying into the private home of citizens to look for information for the government

What the fuck is wrong with YOU??

He's been corrupted by progressivism.

So, how exactly is a doctor asking if one has guns in their house gonna help them find out what flu, virus or some other infection a person might have?. Seriously, how is asking about guns in the house gonna help the doctor figure out what medication a person might need for a virus or flu or infection.

Last edited:
All first graders? This seems like NRA indoctrination to me.

All first graders? This seems like NRA indoctrination to me.

Yet I would still be for the premise of the class if the instructors were paid for or supplied by the ACLU, the AFL-CIO, the NAACP, the Catholic Church, the Dalai Lama, or whomever else

Personally, I think that first grade is too young.
Oh and don't anyone get their panties in an uproar. I took gun safety via the NRA when I was 12, which is an age I think is much better.

Oh and don't anyone get their panties in an uproar. I took gun safety via the NRA when I was 12, which is an age I think is much better.

Too young to be taught not to touch and to tell an adult? We're not talking about target practice.

Too young to learn not to touch something that could hurt them if they handle it incorrectly?? To young to tell them to get a parent, teacher, policeman, etc??

Are you nucking futs??

Suddenly the conservatives like the idea of Big State Government telling the local school boards what they have to do??

Funny how principles come and go with Conservatives, depending on how they impact the agenda.

Suddenly the conservatives like the idea of Big State Government telling the local school boards what they have to do??

Funny how principles come and go with Conservatives, depending on how they impact the agenda.

Pot, meet kettle...it's funny how progressives argue FOR telling local school boards what they have to do...until suddenly they have an epiphany when it's gun related...now it's a terrible practice.

You want to help curb accidental shootings...here you go...this well help.

But as you are only interested in grabbing guns, I'm not surprised you oppose it.

So, you worry about New York...we've got this.

you do realize the state government isn't the federal government, right?

I know ive already mentioned it, but why do you guys seem unable to understand this concept? is it lack of ability or just lack of effort?

Forum List

Back