Missouri Republicans are trying to ban food stamp recipients from buying steak and seafood

All unhealthy food should be off the list. Red meat is not a healthy source of protein.
I eat about five pounds of red meat a week.

I am 66, 6'4", 185lbs, and pretty damned healthy.

Hasn't hurt me a bit, as far as I can tell.
Give it some time, that diet will catch up with you, but that is not the point. There are healthier, less expensive options. You pay for your own food, so you can eat whatever you want. If I have to pay for your food you will be eating beans instead of beef, perhaps some chicken.
If someone else has to pay for my food, I will slit my wrists.
its not shameful to accept help if you truly need it....

that's the thing Harry, IF has become a word of the past with the food stamp program. Just like every other government entitlement and we the taxpayers and our families are having to pay by limiting ourselves anymore
That's what grates on me the most...these people whining on republicans might limit their steak and seafood intake...I mean my goodness
Once a church gives to the needy do they wait around to make sure it is used correctly or are those that receive, free to do as they need?

In years past someone would rather chew off their arm and eat it than beg off the taxpayers through government assistance...PRIDE was one reason

NOT TODAY...they brag about how MUCH they can get while only having to work part-time

So now you are expecting poor people to eat their own limbs? Wow, what an unimaginable asshole.
No, she is explaining why she has no right arm...of left check...on the butocks, cause the sweet meat is in the rump...

but when you have a party in Government putting out this TYPE of Propaganda

well you see why we are where are today about ready to fall into the gutter

Which of those programs that help Julia are you proposing to eliminate?

We've all stood behind these welfare people and watched them stack T-bone steak high on the conveyor belt and also tons of convenience foods. Too damn lazy to mash there own potatoes, they have to have instant which costs ten times per serving. I'm getting sick of watching this waste of my taxes.

Anybody ever see a skinny welfare momma or welfare male who wasn't big and muscular?

We've all stood behind these welfare people and watched them stack T-bone steak high on the conveyor belt and also tons of convenience foods. Too damn lazy to mash there own potatoes, they have to have instant which costs ten times per serving. I'm getting sick of watching this waste of my taxes.

Anybody ever see a skinny welfare momma or welfare male who wasn't big and muscular?

I know

I helped a welfare mother load champagne, caviar, lobsters and filet mignon into her Escalade the other day

Then I went home on my bicycle and ate franks and beans in front of my black and white TV with rabbit ears

Why not use food stamps for seeds and plant the seeds for food?
what do they eat until the crops come in?....

hell my guy been on medical leave from open heart surgery. and we've been considering beanie weenies on rice and top roman. a lot of it
is that heart healthy?....

probably not. but we can't afford to be heart healthy at the moment..:slap:

I felt the same way when I had my first heart attack. I was too proud to accept any help. My family unnecessarily suffered for my pride, and it made the next one more likely. You should reevaluate your priorities.

Instant potatoes are more expensive than real ones? I thought they were cheaper. Guess it depends on the type of potatoes you like.

I helped a welfare mother load champagne, caviar, lobsters and filet mignon into her Escalade the other day

Then I went home on my bicycle and ate franks and beans in front of my black and white TV with rabbit ears

So the rabbit ears were a snack before or after the main meal?

Salted or unsalted?
I've had pig ears. Never tried rabbit ears.

Their kids are frequently pretty skinny.

And they're skinny when they're meth cooks.

What people resent is the fact that working people have to scrimp and budget and eat meat only 1x a week...and we stand in line behind these people who are continually bawling about how there's no work (how odd that we always find a way to work) and who don't have to cut corners at ALL when it comes to their food budget....unless they waste all their foodstamp allotment feeding their druggy friends and their kids, then want more at the end of the month.

I've fed my family of 3 on less than a single person on foodstamps gets in a month. It makes me sick.

Instant potatoes are more expensive than real ones? I thought they were cheaper. Guess it depends on the type of potatoes you like.

Seriously, the relative cost depends upon where you are.

Unprocessed potatoes are largely water with some unusable peel. If you've shopping somewhere near where potatoes are grown then the cost of shipping the water and peel to you is so small as to make them cost much less than the instant ones.

But if you live somewhere, say 1,000 miles away from the nearest potato field, then the instant spuds cost about 2/3s LESS than the unprocessed ones.

Food stamps are suppose to be for poor people who cannot afford basic food items. If you can waste a majority of your food stamps on steak. You don't need them. If you think it's not fair that you can't buy steaks with your food stamps. Then get a job.
So no hamburger either?
Hamburger meat runs around $3.50 a pound. Ribeye steak runs around $12.99 a pound. What do you think?
Hamburger is ground steak, with a few other ingredients...
Ya so and its still much cheaper,what your point?

Food stamps are suppose to be for poor people who cannot afford basic food items. If you can waste a majority of your food stamps on steak. You don't need them. If you think it's not fair that you can't buy steaks with your food stamps. Then get a job.
So no hamburger either?
Hamburger meat runs around $3.50 a pound. Ribeye steak runs around $12.99 a pound. What do you think?
If they do not allow steak then no hamburger, it's ground steak.......I hate to say this but ,,,duh!

Seriously, the relative cost depends upon where you are.

Unprocessed potatoes are largely water with some unusable peel. If you've shopping somewhere near where potatoes are grown then the cost of shipping the water and peel to you is so small as to make them cost much less than the instant ones.

But if you live somewhere, say 1,000 miles away from the nearest potato field, then the instant spuds cost about 2/3s LESS than the unprocessed ones.
I know little about the subject. At one time I used the instants when backpacking. Heck, I could make them edible just by adding water and what ever spices I was carrying. Didn't even have to heat them. Great for when it was pouring down rain and you just want to fill your gut with carbs. I'm fond of the more expensive varieties nowadays. Especially the little baby potatoes. and Yukon golds.

One other item that, in my opinion, should be disallowed.
In-store bakery sheet cakes.
As much as $50 for a cake.
How many meals could be bought for that $50?
Get a couple of boxes of Betty Crocker, eggs, oil and frosting.
Pretty simple and cheaper with in-store products or using coupons

So no hamburger either?
If they do not allow steak then no hamburger, it's ground steak.......I hate to say this but ,,,duh!
duh ground beef is still much cheaper,the steak that makes it into GB is old and out of date.

So no hamburger either?
duh ground beef is still much cheaper,the steak that makes it into GB is old and out of date.
That's why I don't buy it....

So no hamburger either?
It isn't old and out of date. If it was it would stink and be discolored. It can be fresher than the steak you are buying, or the same freshness because it is made (butchered) at the same time and maybe even the same side of beef. Ground beef is made from less popular cuts of beef and trimming from when the beef is butchered into various cuts. Some of these trimmings are made into beef cubes for stew and some are made into GB. The toughest cuts go straight to GB unless they are specially ordered by chefs and others who know the time consuming methods to cook them.

It isn't old and out of date. If it was it would stink and be discolored. It can be fresher than the steak you are buying, or the same freshness because it is made (butchered) at the same time and maybe even the same side of beef. Ground beef is made from less popular cuts of beef and trimming from when the beef is butchered into various cuts. Some of these trimmings are made into beef cubes for stew and some are made into GB. The toughest cuts go straight to GB unless they are specially ordered by chefs and others who know the time consuming methods to cook them.

Now you have done it. You presented him with facts, and he will be dizzy for hours.

Small govt cons want an approved list of items...maybe they can create a new dept like the Dept of Homeland Scarf and Ingestion

Forum List

Back