Mitt Romney is going to get the GOP nomination.......and he is a cupcake

Yawn. Snopes doesn't count.

Sorry, guy gets 3 purple hearts in less than 100 days, and a free ticket out of the war.

And has no permanent injuries...

Not that the medals were the big deal. I don't think the vets would have given a shit about that if he hadn't called them baby killers and rapists.
Since when are permanent injuries a requirement for a Purple Heart?

Doug Reese

They aren't. But winning three of them without permanant injury? That's highly improbable, wouldn't you say?

Did Kerry get a booboo?
You're an imbecile.

Wow! Three papercuts and he can go home early.
So what were the lies again? Be as specific as you can.
Allow me to answer, if you don't mind . . . . and this will be quick, as I'm going out in a few minutes.

1. That Kerry is being honored by the communists for helping them win the war (or words to that effect) with his photo in a museum in Saigon. Blatantly false.

2. That if Kerry's commanders knew what really happened in the Silver Star incident, they wouldn't have awarded the medal. Blatantly false, as they knew exactly what happened.

3. Same incident -- that Kerry "shot a kid in the back". According to those present, that is false. The only people making such a claim (and a number of other claims regarding that incident), were not there. In fact, none of the 25 present that day have disputed anything Kerry/the Navy said about that incident.

4. The 254 members of the Swift Boat Veterans for "truth" served with Kerry. In fact, the majority never even saw Kerry in Vietnam, as they were either there at a different time, or a different unit.

The list goes on and on . . . .

Doug Reese

103991_600.jpg

Allow me to answer, if you don't mind . . . . and this will be quick, as I'm going out in a few minutes.

1. That Kerry is being honored by the communists for helping them win the war (or words to that effect) with his photo in a museum in Saigon. Blatantly false.

2. That if Kerry's commanders knew what really happened in the Silver Star incident, they wouldn't have awarded the medal. Blatantly false, as they knew exactly what happened.

3. Same incident -- that Kerry "shot a kid in the back". According to those present, that is false. The only people making such a claim (and a number of other claims regarding that incident), were not there. In fact, none of the 25 present that day have disputed anything Kerry/the Navy said about that incident.

4. The 254 members of the Swift Boat Veterans for "truth" served with Kerry. In fact, the majority never even saw Kerry in Vietnam, as they were either there at a different time, or a different unit.

Doug Reese

Douggie, the Sock Puppet...

Kerry's picture is in that museum, sorry.

http://www.wintersoldier.com/staticpages/index.php?page=20040604194804799

The other points might be disputable...

Most real vets don't talk about their wartime experiences.

But here's the thing, the Medals thing is petty, I'll admit. When I was in, the officers loved to give each other medals while ignoring the enlisted men who were doing all the real hard work. Sure it was the case then, too.

Their Grivence was not how brave he was when he got those medals, it's the fact he claimed to have thrown them back at Congress when he didn't. That he accused them of all sorts of attrocities they didn't commit. They were angry, and they had a damned good right to be angry.

You're an imbecile.

Doug Reese

1. What were they honoring him for?

4. Overall, more than 250 Swift boat veterans are on the record questioning Kerry's fitness to serve as Commander-in-Chief. That list includes his entire chain of command -- every single officer Kerry served under in Vietnam. The Kerry game plan is to ignore all this and pretend that the 13 veterans his campaign jets around the country and puts up in 5-star hotels really represent the truth about his short, controversial combat tour.

Swift Vets and POWs for Truth - Service to Country

I'll look at #2 and #3 later. Any links to back up your claims?

Doug Reese

But here's the thing, the Medals thing is petty, I'll admit. When I was in, the officers loved to give each other medals while ignoring the enlisted men who were doing all the real hard work. Sure it was the case then, too.

Their Grivence was not how brave he was when he got those medals, it's the fact he claimed to have thrown them back at Congress when he didn't. That he accused them of all sorts of attrocities they didn't commit. They were angry, and they had a damned good right to be angry.
Sock puppet? By that you mean what?

I never claimed Kerry's photo wasn't there. It is. But he isn't being honored, in any way.

Neither is Kerry's commander -- Admiral Elmo Zumwalt. His photo is in there too -- almost next to Kerry's, although you'd never know that from looking at what the anti-Kerry folks have posted/claimed.

As for their "grievance", well, it most certainly involved smearing his service in Vietnam.

Doug Reese

Doug Reese

4. Overall, more than 250 Swift boat veterans are on the record questioning Kerry's fitness to serve as Commander-in-Chief. That list includes his entire chain of command -- every single officer Kerry served under in Vietnam. The Kerry game plan is to ignore all this and pretend that the 13 veterans his campaign jets around the country and puts up in 5-star hotels really represent the truth about his short, controversial combat tour.

1. They weren't honoring him.

4. Thanks for the Swift Boat Veterans for "truth" talking points, but . . . it does not include every officer Kerry served under. . . . . . . 254 guys signed up to join the Swift Boat Veterans for "truth". I'd be impressed if a few more of those eligible to join signed up -- 254 out of about 2,500 isn't many.

Strangely enough, out of the 25 guys present for the Silver Star incident, just one was a SBV"t" member . . . . and he supported Kerry receiving the Silver Star.

2. & 3. I can't post links, but do a quick google search for a link to the letter some of Kerry's crew wrote in response to a challenge from T Boone Pickens a few years back. The link will be from Huffington Post, but it has no connection with Huffington Post. They just provide a link . . . . . .

Furthermore, I was there that day. The VC wasn't a kid, and wasn't shot in the back. That has never been claimed by anyone there . . . . just by people who were not there, literally making it up.

Doug Reese

Doug Reese

4. Thanks for the Swift Boat Veterans for "truth" talking points, but . . . it does not include every officer Kerry served under. . . . . . . 254 guys signed up to join the Swift Boat Veterans for "truth". I'd be impressed if a few more of those eligible to join signed up -- 254 out of about 2,500 isn't many.

Strangely enough, out of the 25 guys present for the Silver Star incident, just one was a SBV"t" member . . . . and he supported Kerry receiving the Silver Star.

2. & 3. I can't post links, but do a quick google search for a link to the letter some of Kerry's crew wrote in response to a challenge from T Boone Pickens a few years back. The link will be from Huffington Post, but it has no connection with Huffington Post. They just provide a link . . . . . .

Furthermore, I was there that day. The VC wasn't a kid, and wasn't shot in the back. That has never been claimed by anyone there . . . . just by people who were not there, literally making it up.

Doug Reese

They weren't honoring him? Why was his picture there? Along with Jane Fonda?

Thanks for the Swift Boat Veterans for "truth" talking points

You're welcome

but . . . it does not include every officer Kerry served under. . . . .

Your original claim.....

The 254 members of the Swift Boat Veterans for "truth" served with Kerry. In fact, the majority never even saw Kerry in Vietnam

Where in the talking points, or anywhere else, did they make your claim?
Read their talking point again, maybe you'll understand better the second time?

Furthermore, I was there that day. The VC wasn't a kid, and wasn't shot in the back.

In the boat with Kerry?

Doug Reese

They weren't honoring him? Why was his picture there? Along with Jane Fonda?

Thanks for the Swift Boat Veterans for "truth" talking points

You're welcome

but . . . it does not include every officer Kerry served under. . . . .

Your original claim.....

The 254 members of the Swift Boat Veterans for "truth" served with Kerry. In fact, the majority never even saw Kerry in Vietnam

Where in the talking points, or anywhere else, did they make your claim?
Read their talking point again, maybe you'll understand better the second time?

Furthermore, I was there that day. The VC wasn't a kid, and wasn't shot in the back.

In the boat with Kerry?
Fonda's picture is nowhere to be found in that museum.

They had his photo there as part of a group of photos showing people from other governments -- a former US Sec of Defense (I forget his name), Robt. McNamara, and as I mentioned, Admiral Elmo Zumwalt. . . . and several others.

Kerry's photo (he isn't even named) shows him in Vietnam, as a senator, working on the POW/MIA issue.

In the boat with Kerry? No. I was on Bill Rood's boat . . . then on the ground for most of that incident. I was at both ambush sites.

Doug Reese

Last edited:
What lies? Be specific.

He deserved them, and the swiftboat lies mean nothing. But you can defend them, in specific, Todd. But you will look the fool if you do.

Who deserved what?

What swiftboat lies?

Why would I defend lies? Especially ones you refuse to produce?

All decent Americans know the lies from the right and the left against Bush and Kerry concerning their military careers. This is common knowledge.

Any who insist otherwise are engaged in the Big Lie.

He deserved them, and the swiftboat lies mean nothing. But you can defend them, in specific, Todd. But you will look the fool if you do.

Who deserved what?

What swiftboat lies?

All decent Americans know the lies from the right and the left against Bush and Kerry concerning their military careers. This is common knowledge.

Except the people re-elected Bush...

Who deserved what?

What swiftboat lies?

Is that why you won't answer?

Doug Reese

I never claimed Kerry's photo wasn't there. It is. But he isn't being honored, in any way.

Neither is Kerry's commander -- Admiral Elmo Zumwalt. His photo is in there too -- almost next to Kerry's, although you'd never know that from looking at what the anti-Kerry folks have posted/claimed.

As for their "grievance", well, it most certainly involved smearing his service in Vietnam.

Doug Reese
Care to explain the "sock puppet" bit?

I'm thinking you won't, but just in case, I'm asking again.

Doug Reese

Doug Reese
Care to explain the "sock puppet" bit?

I'm thinking you won't, but just in case, I'm asking again.

Doug Reese

It's when someone we've never seen before jumps in the middle of a conversation... because the person he was posting as is beign ignored.

Sock_Puppet_1_small1.jpg.opt362x385o0,0s362x385.jpg

Forum List

Back