Mom Arrested After Giving Her 11-year-old daughter a Tattoo

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
The authority who arrested Odessa Clay for tattooing her 11-year-old daughter questioned why the North Carolina mom wasn't charged with child abuse.

"I feel she oughta be charged with child abuse," Pamlico County Sheriff Bill Sawyer Jr. told The Huffington Post on Monday. "She scarred her child for life."

"We're in consultation with Havelock police at this time to determine if any additional charges should be filed," Thomas told HuffPost.

Clay, 30, was arrested in late September for permanently tattooing her daughter with a small heart shape near her right shoulder. Clay confirmed the accusation, telling WCTI 12 she didn't know there was a law against tattooing a minor with a parent's consent.

"She asked me to do it," Clay said.

Odessa Clay, North Carolina Mom, Tattoos 11-Year-Old Daughter (VIDEO)

She's her mom. While I think giving your child a tattoo is stupid, if your child wants one and the parent consents, I don't think it should be illegal.

There was a similar case not too long ago where a little boy got one to honor his brother who died. His parents were also charged.

She's her mom. While I think giving your child a tattoo is stupid, if your child wants one and the parent consents, I don't think it should be illegal.

There was a similar case not too long ago where a little boy got one to honor his brother who died. His parents were also charged.

Kids should not be getting tattoos.

Period.

Should be like smoking and alcohol.

North Carolina has a state law against minors under the age of 18 getting a tattoo.

Which I totally agree with. .. :cool:

Kids should not be getting tattoos.

Period.

Should be like smoking and alcohol.

A tattoo does not risk a child's health like smoking.

My family likes to share a bottle of wine for holidays, I've been having wine with Christmas dinner since I was 9.

The government is too involved with telling parents how to raise their kids. If it isn't a physical/emotional danger than they need to butt out.

Forum List

Back