More Anti-Gay Backlash

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Businesses have all the rights in the world to express their right to free speech. Just remember, it may come around and bite you in the ass!

Hopefully, actions like this will make businesses think twice before donating to anti-gay campaigns.

Oni Press has ended its business relationship with packaging supply company Uline over its CEO’s financial support of an Illinois group that went to “unseemly lengths” last year to try to block passage of that state’s marriage-equality bill.

In a letter signed by a dozen employees and posted Tuesday on its blog, the Portland, Oregon-based publisher explained that, “While our professional relationship with Uline has been a prosperous one, the fact that Family-PAC is funded in part by Uline’s CEO [Richard] Uihlein, is information we simply cannot abide or ignore.”

The Chicago-based Family-PAC, which describes itself as “the leading pro-family, anti-tax political action committee in Illinois,” was behind robocalls that targeted state Rep. Mike Smiddy for accepting $6,500 in donations from “Chicago homosexuals” and decried the alleged negative effects same-sex marriages have on children.

Following passage of the marriage-equality bill by the state House in November, Family-PAC Director Paul Ciprio issued a statement declaring, “Today evil triumphed.” Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn signed the bill into law about two weeks later.

Crain’s Chicago Business reports that in just two and a half years, Uihlein has become the state’s largest Republican donor nationwide, giving “nearly $4 million to national tea party candidates and their super-PAC juggernaut, plus almost $1.8 million to the most conservative candidates and causes in Illinois.” In addition to Family-PAC, Uihlein also supports the Illinois Family Institute, which opposes same-sex marriage and civil unions, as well as the addition of “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” to the state’s Human Rights Act.

“Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs,” the Oni letter concludes, “but it is also up to us whether or not we choose to support them. We choose instead to support our readers, creators and employees, regardless of their gender identity, race or sexual orientation, which is why effective immediately, we are severing all ties with Uline and pursuing a relationship with a local vendor.”

It will also give those who oppose the gay mafia clear direction on who they should be doing business with. That's how it worked with Cracker Barrel, A&E and Chick Fil A.

Every business should be publicly required to declare so I know that the company I patronize isn't funding gay activism.

It will also give those who oppose the gay mafia clear direction on who they should be doing business with. That's how it worked with Cracker Barrel, A&E and Chick Fil A.

Every business should be publicly required to declare so I know that the company I patronize isn't funding gay activism.

the gay mafia is always looking for business opportunities. and, of course, they will make an offer a business man can not refuse. that is why the GAY MAFIA will take over the USA in the midterms of 2018.

while i believe this is a good thing in the long run as it will hopefully stop people from disliking someone solely due to their sexual orientation, i doubt it will have any real substantial effect. i remember boycotting jcpenny with my aunt when she told me about their anti gay policy....but i seriously doubt we were the ones who caused jcpenny to go down hill.

We will crush you. Lovely. Great way to get people to continue to assist you. Not.

So, some homosexuals are bent on destroying people who have different opinions.

What a great way to coerce through fasc—change minds.

We will crush you. Lovely. Great way to get people to continue to assist you. Not.

howey isn't here to debate or have a rational discussion. he is here to pursue his inflammatory rhetoric and insult as many people as he can. unfortunately he hurts his cause more than helps it.

meh...people are free to shop where they want. i certainly wouldn't shop or do business with someone who supports pedophilia.

Good stuff. Eventually when businesses see a decline in their customers or they figure out all their customers are the KKK and other hate groups they will wake up and smell the coffee. I can't think of anything more willfully ignorant than limiting your customer base for a business.

Good stuff. Eventually when businesses see a decline in their customers or they figure out all their customers are the KKK and other hate groups they will wake up and smell the coffee. I can't think of anything more willfully ignorant than limiting your customer base for a business.

Google Oni Press and Uline. I'm sure Uline is quaking in their boots from losing Oni's business.

Google Oni Press and Uline. I'm sure Uline is quaking in their boots from losing Oni's business.

What would googling them do to change my post?

The hetero-fascist have been notified their day is over.

do ever add anything of substance? all i pretty much see from you is your tired ol' schtick with your lame one liners and calling people fascists, reactionaries...it is clear you don't have a clue what the terms mean and honestly, it adds no value, you've repeated it ad nauseum, it no longer has any effect except to make others not take you seriously.

meh...people are free to shop where they want. i certainly wouldn't shop or do business with someone who supports pedophilia.

In a couple years you will be a hater then. These people won't let it go until every perverted sexual act is legal. I'll be glad to be considered a old school hater.

In a couple years you will be a hater then. These people won't let it go until every perverted sexual act is legal. I'll be glad to be considered a old school hater.

i seriously doubt that. i will be a hater to far left nutcases like howey, but to gays who don't share his vitriol or hate rhetoric, they are nothing like howey. nothing.

people like howey are the fringe....people who simply want to do business and shop elsewhere...they are not fringe. heteros do the same thing.

Forum List

Back