More Commies Under The Bed

Let's see if I get right-wing "logic" correctly.

Republicans are all over defending Russian interference in this countries elections. Oh, you pubs argue, all countries do it so what difference does it make that they are engage in espionage in this country to divide our country. Russia the argument goes, and Putin, in particular, is great because they uphold your "values". You would rather Putin run the country than a democrat. You have no problem when Trump pleaded with the Russians to hack into Hillary's e-mail server.

Nobody argued that they tried to interfere, what we argued is that it didn't make a difference. Nobody who was going to vote for Hillary went on Facebook and then after seeing the ads, decided to vote for Trump. And Trump making a joke is not "pleading." It means the left has zero sense of humor.

So what is the difference if some were to say, to quote Bill Mahrer, "China, if you are listening, please find Donald Trumps tax returns. The American people will greatly award you if you do."

We would laugh at the joke.

Now to show you that I am not the blatant hypocrites you all, I am against all interference. But because of Republican and Trumpian stupidity you have done nothing to stop countries from interfering in this country's political process because you idiots thought it would only benefit you. Morons!

No moron, people have tried to hack the Republican and Democrat servers. They were only successful with the Democrat server because THEY didn't take the time and money to protect it like the Republicans did. I mean for crying out loud, you don't use P-A-S-S-W-O-R-D as your actual password. Afterwards, they refused to let the FBI examine it and hired a private firm because of all the crap they were hiding.

It's like this: Russia was found to be hacking the servers, it happened under the big nose of DumBama, and somehow you on the left blame Trump for that even though he had no political power at the time; he was merely a citizen just like every one of us. And if Putin was involved, he did so with or without the permission from Trump as you leftists claim. You people live in your own little bubble so much you actually think Russia needed Trump's permission.
Obama response to the Russian attack was weak, feckless and feeble. His legacy will be forever tarnished by it. Obama's pathetic response to the Russian attack does not relieve Trump or the Republicans from either doing nothing to prevent future attack or making pathetic excuses to rationalize it.

Now for Republicans to cry foul with China is laughable. It is Pub policy that seems to have opened the door to MORE foreign meddling or attacks because you all have done nothing.

Now that China, Iran and every other country see how vulnerable we are, you will begin to take action. I would agree if you did. But I am not holding my breath.

Let me guess, you just became interested in politics the last year or two, correct? Because I find it hard to believe that anybody who took an interest in politics for any length of time does not understand this is nothing new. Hacking and trying to tilt elections has been going on for many, many years. In fact DumBama tried to taint the Israel elections. We do it too believe it or not.
I'm not recalling a candidate's 30,000+ private emails being released prior to an election before? Any political party's emails being hacked and shared internationally via Wikileaks during a campaign?
I don't recall foreign trolls supported by a foreign government set up to spread fake news and disguised as Americans joining the election debates on social media.
Please remind me of when that all happened.

Oh, I see. It's totally OK when foreign govts fund American think tanks but it's NOT ok if said foreign govts employ people to post memes and crap on social media.

Also the idea that nothing like this has ever happened before 2016 is laughably naive. The US has been using the internet to spread propaganda and undermine adversaries since day 1.

Republicans are all over defending Russian interference in this countries elections. Oh, you pubs argue, all countries do it so what difference does it make that they are engage in espionage in this country to divide our country. Russia the argument goes, and Putin, in particular, is great because they uphold your "values". You would rather Putin run the country than a democrat. You have no problem when Trump pleaded with the Russians to hack into Hillary's e-mail server.

Nobody argued that they tried to interfere, what we argued is that it didn't make a difference. Nobody who was going to vote for Hillary went on Facebook and then after seeing the ads, decided to vote for Trump. And Trump making a joke is not "pleading." It means the left has zero sense of humor.

So what is the difference if some were to say, to quote Bill Mahrer, "China, if you are listening, please find Donald Trumps tax returns. The American people will greatly award you if you do."

Now to show you that I am not the blatant hypocrites you all, I am against all interference. But because of Republican and Trumpian stupidity you have done nothing to stop countries from interfering in this country's political process because you idiots thought it would only benefit you. Morons!

No moron, people have tried to hack the Republican and Democrat servers. They were only successful with the Democrat server because THEY didn't take the time and money to protect it like the Republicans did. I mean for crying out loud, you don't use P-A-S-S-W-O-R-D as your actual password. Afterwards, they refused to let the FBI examine it and hired a private firm because of all the crap they were hiding.

It's like this: Russia was found to be hacking the servers, it happened under the big nose of DumBama, and somehow you on the left blame Trump for that even though he had no political power at the time; he was merely a citizen just like every one of us. And if Putin was involved, he did so with or without the permission from Trump as you leftists claim. You people live in your own little bubble so much you actually think Russia needed Trump's permission.
Obama response to the Russian attack was weak, feckless and feeble. His legacy will be forever tarnished by it. Obama's pathetic response to the Russian attack does not relieve Trump or the Republicans from either doing nothing to prevent future attack or making pathetic excuses to rationalize it.

Now for Republicans to cry foul with China is laughable. It is Pub policy that seems to have opened the door to MORE foreign meddling or attacks because you all have done nothing.

Now that China, Iran and every other country see how vulnerable we are, you will begin to take action. I would agree if you did. But I am not holding my breath.

Let me guess, you just became interested in politics the last year or two, correct? Because I find it hard to believe that anybody who took an interest in politics for any length of time does not understand this is nothing new. Hacking and trying to tilt elections has been going on for many, many years. In fact DumBama tried to taint the Israel elections. We do it too believe it or not.
I'm not recalling a candidate's 30,000+ private emails being released prior to an election before? Any political party's emails being hacked and shared internationally via Wikileaks during a campaign?
I don't recall foreign trolls supported by a foreign government set up to spread fake news and disguised as Americans joining the election debates on social media.

Please tell me how that could have changed an election. And how many voters do you know that read 30,000 emails BTW?

It's not as if the emails revealed anything surprising. The worst thing we learned is that the DNC was working against the Sanders campaign. Politicians are backstabbing snakes? Imagine my shock.

And take a moment for this message

free gas.jpg

Please tell me how that could have changed an election. And how many voters do you know that read 30,000 emails BTW?
Answer my question first. I just asked for examples, since it's nothing new, what Russia did in 2016.
this is nothing new. Hacking and trying to tilt elections has been going on for many, many years.

Oh, I see. It's totally OK when foreign govts fund American think tanks but it's NOT ok if said foreign govts employ people to post memes and crap on social media.

Also the idea that nothing like this has ever happened before 2016 is laughably naive. The US has been using the internet to spread propaganda and undermine adversaries since day 1.
Like I said, if China is the sole funder of American think tanks, I will be concerned, of course. I'm waiting for anyone to link me to a place that includes any information on how much China contributes to each of these think tanks and what other countries also contribute to them. Then I'll get worked up if that's appropriate.

Never trust an article that claims to be based on off a report but does not link to the report

Bill Gertz is not an amateur and not for folks who can't find a Congressional Report. It's SOURCED.

China's Communist Party is intensifying covert influence operations in the United States that include funding Washington think tanks and coercing Chinese Americans, according to a congressional commission report.

China Commission member Larry Wortzel, a former military intelligence officer once posted to China, said the report is important for exposing the activities of the United Front Work Department and the China People's Political Consultative Conference.

The commission report was produced by Alexander Bowe, a policy analyst specializing in security and foreign affairs.

Well written and better than 85% of the crap getting newsprint ink these days. I'm SURE with those details, IF the report is EVEN RELEASED YET for print, I could find it with that detail in less than 3 minutes.

Forum List

Back