More Commies Under The Bed

One, you cited freebeacon.

Two, As a disclaimer, the Commission says the report does not reflect its opinion.

"However, the public release of this document does not necessarily imply an endorsement by the Commission, any individual Commissioner, or the Commission’s other professional staff, of the views or conclusions expressed in this staff research report."

To be balanced, let's see where Russia's equivalent of front money is going to influence America.

It's elections, for a starter?

Let's see if I get right-wing "logic" correctly.

Republicans are all over defending Russian interference in this countries elections. Oh, you pubs argue, all countries do it so what difference does it make that they are engage in espionage in this country to divide our country. Russia the argument goes, and Putin, in particular, is great because they uphold your "values". You would rather Putin run the country than a democrat. You have no problem when Trump pleaded with the Russians to hack into Hillary's e-mail server.

Nobody argued that they tried to interfere, what we argued is that it didn't make a difference. Nobody who was going to vote for Hillary went on Facebook and then after seeing the ads, decided to vote for Trump. And Trump making a joke is not "pleading." It means the left has zero sense of humor.

So what is the difference if some were to say, to quote Bill Mahrer, "China, if you are listening, please find Donald Trumps tax returns. The American people will greatly award you if you do."

We would laugh at the joke.

Now to show you that I am not the blatant hypocrites you all, I am against all interference. But because of Republican and Trumpian stupidity you have done nothing to stop countries from interfering in this country's political process because you idiots thought it would only benefit you. Morons!

No moron, people have tried to hack the Republican and Democrat servers. They were only successful with the Democrat server because THEY didn't take the time and money to protect it like the Republicans did. I mean for crying out loud, you don't use P-A-S-S-W-O-R-D as your actual password. Afterwards, they refused to let the FBI examine it and hired a private firm because of all the crap they were hiding.

It's like this: Russia was found to be hacking the servers, it happened under the big nose of DumBama, and somehow you on the left blame Trump for that even though he had no political power at the time; he was merely a citizen just like every one of us. And if Putin was involved, he did so with or without the permission from Trump as you leftists claim. You people live in your own little bubble so much you actually think Russia needed Trump's permission.
Obama response to the Russian attack was weak, feckless and feeble. His legacy will be forever tarnished by it. Obama's pathetic response to the Russian attack does not relieve Trump or the Republicans from either doing nothing to prevent future attack or making pathetic excuses to rationalize it.

Now for Republicans to cry foul with China is laughable. It is Pub policy that seems to have opened the door to MORE foreign meddling or attacks because you all have done nothing.

Now that China, Iran and every other country see how vulnerable we are, you will begin to take action. I would agree if you did. But I am not holding my breath.

One, you cited freebeacon.

Two, As a disclaimer, the Commission says the report does not reflect its opinion.

"However, the public release of this document does not necessarily imply an endorsement by the Commission, any individual Commissioner, or the Commission’s other professional staff, of the views or conclusions expressed in this staff research report."

To be balanced, let's see where Russia's equivalent of front money is going to influence America.

It's elections, for a starter?
It's not my OP

At least now you have the report and can accurately assess the validity of the Free Beacon's claims without dismissing them out of hand based on prejudice.

Russia is not the object of this thread.

Now that I know where the reports come from since you finally posted it, sure.

And, yes, Russia's "front" efforts to help Trump et al and weaken America is an acceptable reply to the intent of your OP.

IOW, both China and Russia influence America, as does the US in return.

And, yes, Russia's "front" efforts to help Trump et al and weaken America is an acceptable reply to the intent of your OP.

Go back to bed Jake. Maybe you can do better tomorrow.

Republicans are all over defending Russian interference in this countries elections. Oh, you pubs argue, all countries do it so what difference does it make that they are engage in espionage in this country to divide our country. Russia the argument goes, and Putin, in particular, is great because they uphold your "values". You would rather Putin run the country than a democrat. You have no problem when Trump pleaded with the Russians to hack into Hillary's e-mail server.

Nobody argued that they tried to interfere, what we argued is that it didn't make a difference. Nobody who was going to vote for Hillary went on Facebook and then after seeing the ads, decided to vote for Trump. And Trump making a joke is not "pleading." It means the left has zero sense of humor.

So what is the difference if some were to say, to quote Bill Mahrer, "China, if you are listening, please find Donald Trumps tax returns. The American people will greatly award you if you do."

Now to show you that I am not the blatant hypocrites you all, I am against all interference. But because of Republican and Trumpian stupidity you have done nothing to stop countries from interfering in this country's political process because you idiots thought it would only benefit you. Morons!

No moron, people have tried to hack the Republican and Democrat servers. They were only successful with the Democrat server because THEY didn't take the time and money to protect it like the Republicans did. I mean for crying out loud, you don't use P-A-S-S-W-O-R-D as your actual password. Afterwards, they refused to let the FBI examine it and hired a private firm because of all the crap they were hiding.

It's like this: Russia was found to be hacking the servers, it happened under the big nose of DumBama, and somehow you on the left blame Trump for that even though he had no political power at the time; he was merely a citizen just like every one of us. And if Putin was involved, he did so with or without the permission from Trump as you leftists claim. You people live in your own little bubble so much you actually think Russia needed Trump's permission.
Obama response to the Russian attack was weak, feckless and feeble. His legacy will be forever tarnished by it. Obama's pathetic response to the Russian attack does not relieve Trump or the Republicans from either doing nothing to prevent future attack or making pathetic excuses to rationalize it.

Now for Republicans to cry foul with China is laughable. It is Pub policy that seems to have opened the door to MORE foreign meddling or attacks because you all have done nothing.

Now that China, Iran and every other country see how vulnerable we are, you will begin to take action. I would agree if you did. But I am not holding my breath.

Let me guess, you just became interested in politics the last year or two, correct? Because I find it hard to believe that anybody who took an interest in politics for any length of time does not understand this is nothing new. Hacking and trying to tilt elections has been going on for many, many years. In fact DumBama tried to taint the Israel elections. We do it too believe it or not.

Let me guess, you just became interested in politics the last year or two, correct? Because I find it hard to believe that anybody who took an interest in politics for any length of time does not understand this is nothing new. Hacking and trying to tilt elections has been going on for many, many years. In fact DumBama tried to taint the Israel elections. We do it too believe it or not.
Obama even set up offices in Israel to try to remove Bibi.

He should be sitting in prison. Those are Demonrat standards.

Never trust an article that claims to be based on off a report but does not link to the report

Did you believe the 'dossier,' produced by the Kremlin?

It was published, so, I suppose you did.

Never read it. Didn't care one way or the other. Neither Hillary nor Trump was ever going to get my vote.

Soooo....your claim is that you are the vestigial voter????

Excellent.

Go back to bed Jake. Maybe you can do better tomorrow.

You optimist, you.

Obama even set up offices in Israel to try to remove Bibi.

He should be sitting in prison. Those are Demonrat standards.

As is often proven, if not for double standards, the Democrats/Liberals would have no standards at all.

Now, I take an old time conservative position on this. That position is that I don't care or give a damn what we did in the past. All I care about is fighting back and holding a nation like Russia, a glorified tin pot third world nation, accountable for meddling or attacking our nation through cyber attacks.

I find it ironic that those that justify Russian interference say that well we did the same so we deserve. You know what this sounds like? It sounds like an apology tour. It is the we deserve it mentality. I believe in American strength not weakness. Acquiescence is a sign of weakness not strength.

Furthermore the argument that countries have tried to interfere in our elections before is just a red herring to justify Russia's actions. Never before was there such a blatant attempt as in 2016. The Republican response is an effective green light for more of this type of activity.

Just because a thief entered into you house once and stole your sofa does not give the thief carte blanche permission to come back to empty your house. You take action to prevent it from happening a second time. If you leave the door open, well, you get what you deserve.

Republicans are all over defending Russian interference in this country's elections. Oh, you pubs argue, all countries do it so what difference does it make that Russians engage in espionage in this country to divide our country. Russia the argument goes, and Putin, in particular, is great because they uphold your "values". You would rather Putin run the country than a democrat. You have no problem when Trump pleaded with the Russians to hack into Hillary's e-mail server.

Sound familiar Pubs.

Now to show you that I am not the blatant hypocrite you all are, I am against all interference. But because of Republican and Trumpian stupidity you have done nothing to stop countries from interfering in this country's political process because you idiots thought it would only benefit you. Morons!
What Russian interference?

The Chinese need to be involved in any foreign policy think tank. They are a major player and how do you cope with them if you don't understand them?
But its different with Russia?
No. Why would it be?

Somehow I doubt you'd be so sanguine if this report indicated Russians were funding a "right wing think tank".
If I knew more about it, I might be more upset, but to me it just seems that probably MANY foreign governments contribute to foreign policy think tanks? I don't see the problem. If you're going to really THINK about a problem and possible solutions, don't all players need to be there? Is there anything wrong with China contributing? Now, if China is the sole contributor, I will be worried.

Now, I take an old time conservative position on this. That position is that I don't care or give a damn what we did in the past. All I care about is fighting back and holding a nation like Russia, a glorified tin pot third world nation, accountable for meddling or attacking our nation through cyber attacks.

I find it ironic that those that justify Russian interference say that well we did the same so we deserve. You know what this sounds like? It sounds like an apology tour. It is the we deserve it mentality. I believe in American strength not weakness. Acquiescence is a sign of weakness not strength.

Furthermore the argument that countries have tried to interfere in our elections before is just a red herring to justify Russia's actions. Never before was there such a blatant attempt as in 2016. The Republican response is an effective green light for more of this type of activity.

Just because a thief entered into you house once and stole your sofa does not give the thief carte blanche permission to come back to empty your house. You take action to prevent it from happening a second time. If you leave the door open, well, you get what you deserve.

So you think that if something could be done, we wouldn't have done it before?

And what impact are you talking about in the 2016 elections? Nothing they did changed the outcome. Russia gave Hillary dirt on Trump, but not only was that it, but nothing happened to her unfortunately. She's the only one that tried to hack the election; well Hillary and the DNC since they both paid for the dossier.

What did Russia do? Do you know? If so, you’d be the first!

I'm not recalling a candidate's 30,000+ private emails being released prior to an election before? Any political party's emails being hacked and shared internationally via Wikileaks during a campaign?
I don't recall foreign trolls supported by a foreign government set up to spread fake news and disguised as Americans joining the election debates on social media.
Please remind me of when that all happened.

I'm not recalling a candidate's 30,000+ private emails being released prior to an election before? Any political party's emails being hacked and shared internationally via Wikileaks during a campaign?
I don't recall foreign trolls supported by a foreign government set up to spread fake news and disguised as Americans joining the election debates on social media.
Please remind me of when that all happened.

Please tell me how that could have changed an election. And how many voters do you know that read 30,000 emails BTW?

Forum List

Back