🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

More facts on mass murdering pilot emerge.

Germanwings crash co-pilot hid illness from airline

What a shame nobody noticed he was losing it before he lost it.
When people notice something, others start crying unfair. There is a thread on this very board talking about a kid who wrote a story detailing the murders of some of his classmates. There were many people saying it was unfair to remove him from school.
Concern for the feelings of the potentially criminal mentally ill leads to James Holmes and Columbine type massacres.

It's a goddamned shame.

We never know who might go off the deep end at any given minute of any given day. There's no way of knowing just how close some people are to going postal and taking out many with them when they decide to cash it all in. Some people are so depressed and angry at the world, that they want to do some damage before the lights go out and the bell tolls for the last time. Many people around the world are in a state of desperation and a feeling of hopelessness. We see it in the faces of those in Africa after their whole village is wiped out by terrorists. We see it in the faces of those after a natural disaster hits their town, city, or village. We see it in this country when poverty and anger reach a boiling point. We see it in those that want their 15 minutes of fame. How do you stop it? We're not advanced enough to read minds and determine where's the next short fuse that's about to hit the powder.
You might have some points, but, seems too many times when someone goes postal, those who know them come out and say "it was only a matter of time".
Yes, I'm sure that there are times when friends and/or relatives see signs of desperation and hopelessness in someone, no doubt. But, how do they determine what steps to take without the chance that they might be wrong and cause unnecessary problems for the one they report to authorities? No one can read mines. How is anyone to know if the person's feelings are temporary and will soon pass, or if those feelings are compounding by the minute? At what point is actions urgent and serious enough to call authorities?

We never know who might go off the deep end at any given minute of any given day. There's no way of knowing just how close some people are to going postal and taking out many with them when they decide to cash it all in. Some people are so depressed and angry at the world, that they want to do some damage before the lights go out and the bell tolls for the last time. Many people around the world are in a state of desperation and a feeling of hopelessness. We see it in the faces of those in Africa after their whole village is wiped out by terrorists. We see it in the faces of those after a natural disaster hits their town, city, or village. We see it in this country when poverty and anger reach a boiling point. We see it in those that want their 15 minutes of fame. How do you stop it? We're not advanced enough to read minds and determine where's the next short fuse that's about to hit the powder.
You might have some points, but, seems too many times when someone goes postal, those who know them come out and say "it was only a matter of time".
Yes, I'm sure that there are times when friends and/or relatives see signs of desperation and hopelessness in someone, no doubt. But, how do they determine what steps to take without the chance that they might be wrong and cause unnecessary problems for the one they report to authorities? No one can read mines. How is anyone to know if the person's feelings are temporary and will soon pass, or if those feelings are compounding by the minute? At what point is actions urgent and serious enough to call authorities?
Err on the side of caution.

They err in cautiously avoiding lawsuits from the criminally insane.

At what point warrants calling authorities? How do they know that someone is about to go postal?

At what point warrants calling authorities? How do they know that someone is about to go postal?
When they say "I'm going to kill myself and take others with me" or they show a previously absent obsession with guns, death, or mass murder.

White people problems. They always want to take others with them.

Tell that to the 'Beltway Sniper'..........
Big difference, Beltway Sniper didn't plan on going down with his victims.
I will allow it. Point being Black people dont kill other people/strangers just because they have mental problems 99% of the time.

Ha. Every time a cop shoots a black guy we hear "but but but....he had mental illness!!!"

You are correct however that suicide is far more of a problem for whites than blacks. I saw that first hand as an officer. Blacks rarely commit suicide. Id guess 90-95% of suicides I went to or heard of were whites...usually middle class or higher too. Failing to meet self imposed high standards broke some of them.

I figure if someone is contemplating suicide it's because of having an over-abundance of emotion.

Usually narcissism doesn't lead to suicide. You have to feel guilty or upset about something. But when you're willing to crash a jet full of people into a mountain, or make a stupid nuke deal with our enemies, that's just thinking about yourself.

When they say "I'm going to kill myself and take others with me" or they show a previously absent obsession with guns and death.
But, not everyone that commits those acts make their intentions known beforehand. There have been many cases where friends and neighbors have said in front of news camers that they are totally shocked that said person would ever do something like that. Silent depression doesn't always reveal itself. And, some just hold everything inside until the fuse finally hits the powder. Yes, I agree, there are signs of what might happen in some cases, but, again, what are the sure signs and the unmistakable warnings? Regularly handling guns is not an indicator that a mass killing is in the future. I handle my rifles several times a year during off-season to make adjustments and alterations. I have no intentions to harm anyone, nor to harm myself. And, there have been times of extreme anger caused by terrible acts, that I have said that I would wipe out as many of them ( those that caused my anger ) as I could if given the chance. Examples: News stories of child molestion, abuse and mistreatment of the elderly, injustices in our judicial system, the rape of young girls, etc. --- Those stories get me very angry and upset. I greatly dislike those that commit those terrible inhumane acts. But, I do NOT act on that anger. I do not go postal. I do NOT harm anyone. But, I'm very vocal about how I feel towards certain people. Would you report me?

When they say "I'm going to kill myself and take others with me" or they show a previously absent obsession with guns and death.
But, not everyone that commits those acts make their intentions known beforehand. There have been many cases where friends and neighbors have said in front of news camers that they are totally shocked that said person would ever do something like that. Silent depression doesn't always reveal itself. And, some just hold everything inside until the fuse finally hits the powder. Yes, I agree, there are signs of what might happen in some cases, but, again, what are the sure signs and the unmistakable warnings? Regularly handling guns is not an indicator that a mass killing is in the future. I handle my rifles several times a year during off-season to make adjustments and alterations. I have no intentions to harm anyone, nor to harm myself. And, there have been times of extreme anger caused by terrible acts, that I have said that I would wipe out as many of them ( those that caused my anger ) as I could if given the chance. Examples: News stories of child molestion, abuse and mistreatment of the elderly, injustices in our judicial system, the rape of young girls, etc. --- Those stories get me very angry and upset. I greatly dislike those that commit those terrible inhumane acts. But, I do NOT act on that anger. I do not go postal. I do NOT harm anyone. But, I'm very vocal about how I feel towards certain people. Would you report me?
Of course not everyone shows their hand before going off. I'm just talking about the ones that show the signs prior to killing everyone in sight. Also I said people with no previous fondness for weapons. No I wouldnt report you if you were going to kill child molesters. If you were mad at say gay people then I would report you. Of course this all hinges on what degree of obsession you showed with the subject.

Of course not everyone shows their hand before going off. I'm just talking about the ones that show the signs prior to killing everyone in sight. Also I said people with no previous fondness for weapons. No I wouldnt report you if you were going to kill child molesters. If you were mad at say gay people then I would report you. Of course this all hinges on what degree of obsession you showed with the subject.
Gay people are none of my business. I live and let live. What others do in their personal lives is none of my business. I repect people, and respect their right to have a personal life the way they see fit. Who am I to judge others? But, I do judge wrong, and certain things are wrong regardless of one's personal preferences.

Gay people are none of my business. I live and let live. What others do in their personal lives is none of my business. I repect people, and respect their right to have a personal life the way they see fit. Who am I to judge others? But, I do judge wrong, and certain things are wrong regardless of one's personal preferences.
All of that is true, but if I felt you were going to shoot people because you thought what they were doing was wrong and I didnt I would report you.

All of that is true, but if I felt you were going to shoot people because you thought what they were doing was wrong and I didnt I would report you.
I'm NOT going to shoot anyone. And, I hope that I'm never in a situation where it might be a necessity. I would protect my family and property. I believe in self-defense.

Forum List

Back