More Guns in the hands of Americans the answer to crazed Killers,Not Gun Control.!

2A GUY...

latest

Unfortunately your efforts to inspire bed wetters to think will be fruitless. They are completely devoid of the capacity to do so. You have given them all the statistics and a well articulated case for gun possession, and moonbats like "brain" (talk about a misnomer huh?) will regurgitate nonsense at best.

Hopefully some people who aren't thoroughly indoctrinated by the General Directorate for the Protection of State Secrets in the Press under the Council of Ministers of the DNC formerly also known as Glavit will read what you've posted and make an informed decision.

It's because of examples such as these that I am convinced Rush Limbaugh was being generous when he coined the term "Low information voter". Certainly there are lots of people out there who make decisions on voting according to sound bytes from mindless celebrities, and they could be called "low information" because they don't have the time to look into the facts.

However the majority of the moonbats on this forum are NO Information voters. They literally resist allowing information to penetrate the incredible density of ignorance between their ears.

I agree…but I post for people who have never given much thought to these issues till a shooting happens….I like to present the truth, facts and reality since for most people, the only message they get is that being unarmed is good….even when a killer is shooting people….and they get this message from the news they watch, the television shows they watch, the movies they watch and with commentators on the NFL making anti gun statements…from the sports they watch….

The amazing thing is how many people are now buying guns despite the anti gun propaganda they are subjected to daily…..reality has a way of defeating the magic thinking of the left and the anti gunners.

The fact still remains if there was someone there with a gun or an assault rifle , the carnage could have been averted.
case closed.!!!

And it's still 500 people who died accidently. About 500 more than any other civilized country. You must have no value of life.

No……you don't brain…again….13 million people….. only 505 accidental gun deaths…the majority of those by criminals who don't know how to use their guns…and who have illegal guns around children in their drug houses…..

1.5 million crimes stopped and in that number thousands of lives saved by Americans with guns….

You have no basis for your thousands of lives saved claim.

Except for 40 years of research by trained researchers into the issue….except for that…..

None of those claim thousands of lives saved.

With 1.5 million crimes stopped by people with guns…according to bill clinton…..lives are saved and they will be in the thousands…...

Very unlikely and your studies don't make that claim. There are about 14,000 murders each year. Gun owners are a minority with those who carry a tiny minority. And of course many who are killed did have a gun, but it failed to save them. The number of lives saved is likely to be under the 500 accidently killed.

The fact still remains if there was someone there with a gun or an assault rifle , the carnage could have been averted.
case closed.!!!

Or that person would just be dead like the armed guy who tried to stop the shooters at Walmart.

2A GUY...

latest

Unfortunately your efforts to inspire bed wetters to think will be fruitless. They are completely devoid of the capacity to do so. You have given them all the statistics and a well articulated case for gun possession, and moonbats like "brain" (talk about a misnomer huh?) will regurgitate nonsense at best.

Hopefully some people who aren't thoroughly indoctrinated by the General Directorate for the Protection of State Secrets in the Press under the Council of Ministers of the DNC formerly also known as Glavit will read what you've posted and make an informed decision.

It's because of examples such as these that I am convinced Rush Limbaugh was being generous when he coined the term "Low information voter". Certainly there are lots of people out there who make decisions on voting according to sound bytes from mindless celebrities, and they could be called "low information" because they don't have the time to look into the facts.

However the majority of the moonbats on this forum are NO Information voters. They literally resist allowing information to penetrate the incredible density of ignorance between their ears.

I agree…but I post for people who have never given much thought to these issues till a shooting happens….I like to present the truth, facts and reality since for most people, the only message they get is that being unarmed is good….even when a killer is shooting people….and they get this message from the news they watch, the television shows they watch, the movies they watch and with commentators on the NFL making anti gun statements…from the sports they watch….

The amazing thing is how many people are now buying guns despite the anti gun propaganda they are subjected to daily…..reality has a way of defeating the magic thinking of the left and the anti gunners.

Tell the truth, 2aguy, you dream of being a hero, shooting and killing a bad guy and having everyone adore you for your bravery.

It's called the George Zimmerman Syndrome.

60 million school children walk to school or wait for the bus, go to school, and walk around their neighborhoods and town without a gun and without being scared but some adults in this country are so terrified of their own shadow they think everyone needs to be armed.

The bizarre world.
yea in the nicer neighborhoods....talk to kids that have to walk through gang territory in the shitier neighborhoods....

With the recent increase in these mass murder shooting situations, I must confess to you all that more armed Americans is the only logical solution to these shootings. If there was an armed citizen in the conference
room in San Bernadino, he or she could have put a stop to the two crazed killers. Gun control is not the answer,
as both assault rifles were purchased legally. The Gun grabbers always try to use these unfortunate mass shootings as a scapegoat to deliver their gun control agenda. When we look at these type of events, we can
logically see that armed American citizens would have been able to stop the carnage that we are reading about, and seeing on the network news. More armed Americans is the correct response to the terrorist , who by the way are already armed with fully automatic AK 47 assault rifles, and RPG's.

that is what just happened not so long ago in Israel

2A GUY...

latest

Tell the truth, 2aguy, you dream of being a hero, shooting and killing a bad guy and having everyone adore you for your bravery.

No.....that is not what I dream of....I just want to be left alone....I don't want to be robbed or murdered. I haven't been in a fight since 3rd grade...and avoid confrontation.....

If I see something strange in the neighbor hood, I call the police....they get paid and they have the guns so they get to deal with it....

What amazes me is that you guys would choose to be unarmed in the face of a violent crimnal...that you would see your wife or children murdered or brutalized if front of you and have no option to stop it...

these things happen.....not for most people, and not for anyone in my family, but they do happen, every day and the people they happen too are shocked that it is actually happening to them......

You can live in denial....you can try to make everyone defenseless against violent criminals or mass murdering governments......I will vote against you....simple as that.

case closed.!!!

Or that person would just be dead like the armed guy who tried to stop the shooters at Walmart.

And then again not...since 1.5 million times a year according to bill clinton Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack and save lives........for every victim you can show we can show more who used guns to stop it......you guys are nuts. You would actually be happier that people were raped, robbed, tortured, kidnapped or murdered than that they have a chance to stop it with a gun.

No……you don't brain…again….13 million people….. only 505 accidental gun deaths…the majority of those by criminals who don't know how to use their guns…and who have illegal guns around children in their drug houses…..

1.5 million crimes stopped and in that number thousands of lives saved by Americans with guns….

Except for 40 years of research by trained researchers into the issue….except for that…..

With 1.5 million crimes stopped by people with guns…according to bill clinton…..lives are saved and they will be in the thousands…...

Very unlikely and your studies don't make that claim. There are about 14,000 murders each year. Gun owners are a minority with those who carry a tiny minority. And of course many who are killed did have a gun, but it failed to save them. The number of lives saved is likely to be under the 500 accidently killed.

and you just pulled that number out of your ass......I use actual research.......

Actual research...not numbers pulled out of your ass Brain...

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)
DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)
Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

And here we have studies that show that guns are the most effective way to stop a rape.....

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

and of course, actual research shows that women who use guns are raped less than women who use any other method...

And here we have studies that show that guns are the most effective way to stop a rape.....

A woman using a gun is less likely to be raped and more likely to not be injured during the attack....

However, most recent studies with improved methodology are consistently showing that the more forceful the resistance, the lower the risk of a completed rape, with no increase in physical injury. Sarah Ullman's original research (Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1998) and critical review of past studies (Criminal Justice and Behavior, 1997) are especially valuable in solidifying this conclusion.

I wish to single out one particular subtype of physical resistance: Use of a weapon, and especially a firearm, is statistically a woman's best means of resistance, greatly enhancing her odds of escaping both rape and injury, compared to any other strategy of physical or verbal resistance. This conclusion is drawn from four types of information.

First, a 1989 study (Furby, Journal of Interpersonal Violence) found that both male and female survey respondents judged a gun to be the most effective means that a potential rape victim could use to fend off the assault. Rape "experts" considered it a close second, after eye-gouging.

Second, raw data from the 1979-1985 installments of the Justice Department's annual National Crime Victim Survey show that when a woman resists a stranger rape with a gun, the probability of completion was 0.1 percent and of victim injury 0.0 percent, compared to 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively, for all stranger rapes (Kleck, Social Problems, 1990).

Third, a recent paper (Southwick, Journal of Criminal Justice, 2000) analyzed victim resistance to violent crimes generally, with robbery, aggravated assault and rape considered together. Women who resisted with a gun were 2.5 times more likely to escape without injury than those who did not resist and 4 times more likely to escape uninjured than those who resisted with any means other than a gun. Similarly, their property losses in a robbery were reduced more than six-fold and almost three-fold, respectively, compared to the other categories of resistance strategy.

Fourth, we have two studies in the last 20 years that directly address the outcomes of women who resist attempted rape with a weapon. (Lizotte, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 1986; Kleck, Social Problems, 1990.) The former concludes,"Further, women who resist rape with a gun or knife dramatically decrease their probability of completion." (Lizotte did not analyze victim injuries apart from the rape itself.) The latter concludes that "resistance with a gun or knife is the most effective form of resistance for preventing completion of a rape"; this is accomplished "without creating any significant additional risk of other injury."

The best conclusion from available scientific data, then, is when avoidance of rape has failed and one must choose between being raped and resisting, a woman's best option is to resist with a gun in her hands.

So, again a woman's best chance for stopping the rape and ultimately surviving the situation is to use a gun.....

If no one had a gun, the caseworker would still be alive.

Unless of course the lunatic stabbed her to death.

Idiot.

Or a bomb…….seems to me the muslims who murdered the 14 people also had a lot of pipe bombs…or that left wing nutter the unabomber…….same deal….

Well obviously we need stiffer laws against making pipe bombs and killing people...

derp...

See...where current gun laws fail is for this reason....

For example....current laws simply state that it is against the law to use a gun to commit murder....

Now....if they added this little bit.....

It is against the law to use a gun to commit murder...we really mean it....and yes...this applies to anyone who reads this law...

Now...I think with that addition the criminals would get the message....

2A GUY...

latest

No.....that is not what I dream of....I just want to be left alone....I don't want to be robbed or murdered. I haven't been in a fight since 3rd grade...and avoid confrontation.....

If I see something strange in the neighbor hood, I call the police....they get paid and they have the guns so they get to deal with it....

What amazes me is that you guys would choose to be unarmed in the face of a violent crimnal...that you would see your wife or children murdered or brutalized if front of you and have no option to stop it...

these things happen.....not for most people, and not for anyone in my family, but they do happen, every day and the people they happen too are shocked that it is actually happening to them......

You can live in denial....you can try to make everyone defenseless against violent criminals or mass murdering governments......I will vote against you....simple as that.

I see, you're a paranoid lunatic. That explains it.
What makes you think I would be an easy mark for the monsters you imagine?

Simply because I see a need for gun control does not mean I don't support the right to protect my home and my family. I simply don't perceive the need to have 30 RPM to do so.

2A GUY...

latest

Simply because I see a need for gun control does not mean I don't support the right to protect my home and my family. I simply don't perceive the need to have 30 RPM to do so.

You can just tell from your posts.......keep denying it though..it will make you feel better.

2A GUY...

latest

You can just tell from your posts.......keep denying it though..it will make you feel better.

Well, ^^^ more evidence you're a lunatic.

With the recent increase in these mass murder shooting situations, I must confess to you all that more armed Americans is the only logical solution to these shootings. If there was an armed citizen in the conference
room in San Bernadino, he or she could have put a stop to the two crazed killers. Gun control is not the answer,
as both assault rifles were purchased legally. The Gun grabbers always try to use these unfortunate mass shootings as a scapegoat to deliver their gun control agenda. When we look at these type of events, we can
logically see that armed American citizens would have been able to stop the carnage that we are reading about, and seeing on the network news. More armed Americans is the correct response to the terrorist , who by the way are already armed with fully automatic AK 47 assault rifles, and RPG's.

I'm not aware of major shooting incidents ended because a civlian had a weapon. And that's because the pro-gun people aren't writing about such incidents. Or not enough it's become common knowledge.

I know the Giffords shooting had someone armed but he cowered on the deck like everyone else. And some church shooting comes to mind, but the armed citizen accidentally killed a kid instead of the hostile actor.

Forum List

Back