More Guns in the hands of Americans the answer to crazed Killers,Not Gun Control.!

Again….making things up……must be nice…those of us who actually follow the research wish we could just make numbers up….

The basis for all your arguments is just making it up. You claim thousands of lives saved, what study claims that?

Again….making things up……must be nice…those of us who actually follow the research wish we could just make numbers up….

The basis for all your arguments is just making it up. You claim thousands of lives saved, what study claims that?

1.5 million uses against criminals….so even at 1% there are lives saved……in the thousands……and any time a criminal attacks another person the chance that death or serious injury will happen is incredible..so any crime stopped is a potential life saved……so in reality…you could say close to 1.5 million lives were saved.

Or that person would just be dead like the armed guy who tried to stop the shooters at Walmart.

And then again not...since 1.5 million times a year according to bill clinton Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack and save lives........for every victim you can show we can show more who used guns to stop it......you guys are nuts. You would actually be happier that people were raped, robbed, tortured, kidnapped or murdered than that they have a chance to stop it with a gun.

No you can't. Your 1.5 million are imaginary. They are extrapolations from bad surveys.

Nope…..40 years of research…..by trained professionals….from several different research fields…..deny it all you want….their numbers come from actual research, yours do not…you made them up because you think they sound good.

You can't even show those numbers are mathematically possible based on current crime rates and gun ownership.

Yes…they are possible…1.5 million out of 320 million people…..and 90 million homes with guns in them spread across the entire country……sometimes with individuals involved in multiple encounters because of the neighborhood they live in…

the famous watch shop owner……was involved in 3 actual shoot outs against gang bangers and he killed 5…..that isn't the norm…but the people who show a weapon to drive off an attacker…in some of these democrat controlled cities…yes, those numbers are possible…..

And not all crimes are reported especially if no shots needed to be fired and the criminal ran away…which they do in most cases of self defense.

So keep pulling number out of your ass…I will rely on actual trained researchers in Sociology, Criminology, and Economics from both government agency sponsored research and research by private researchers…..40 years of it….with many of them anti gun researchers….

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)
DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)
Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

The problem is you need crimes to defend for a lawful defense. The number of crimes does not support your wild claims.

Nope….40 years of actual research, peer reviewed research…you….you find a number you like and you use it…I'll go with my actual numbers vs. your pixie dust numbers.

And then again not...since 1.5 million times a year according to bill clinton Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack and save lives........for every victim you can show we can show more who used guns to stop it......you guys are nuts. You would actually be happier that people were raped, robbed, tortured, kidnapped or murdered than that they have a chance to stop it with a gun.

No you can't. Your 1.5 million are imaginary. They are extrapolations from bad surveys.

Nope…..40 years of research…..by trained professionals….from several different research fields…..deny it all you want….their numbers come from actual research, yours do not…you made them up because you think they sound good.

You can't even show those numbers are mathematically possible based on current crime rates and gun ownership.

Yes…they are possible…1.5 million out of 320 million people…..and 90 million homes with guns in them spread across the entire country……sometimes with individuals involved in multiple encounters because of the neighborhood they live in…

the famous watch shop owner……was involved in 3 actual shoot outs against gang bangers and he killed 5…..that isn't the norm…but the people who show a weapon to drive off an attacker…in some of these democrat controlled cities…yes, those numbers are possible…..

And not all crimes are reported especially if no shots needed to be fired and the criminal ran away…which they do in most cases of self defense.

So keep pulling number out of your ass…I will rely on actual trained researchers in Sociology, Criminology, and Economics from both government agency sponsored research and research by private researchers…..40 years of it….with many of them anti gun researchers….

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

--------------------

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

The problem is you need crimes to defend for a lawful defense. The number of crimes does not support your wild claims.

Of course you are being deceitful again….when you are being robbed, and you draw a gun and the criminal runs away…or you are about to be raped, and you draw a gun and the rapist runs away…no crime has actually been committed because the gun owner stopped it…..and many times people don't bother to report that because there is nothing the police will do……

So try again…..

1.5 million uses against criminals….so even at 1% there are lives saved……in the thousands……and any time a criminal attacks another person the chance that death or serious injury will happen is incredible..so any crime stopped is a potential life saved……so in reality…you could say close to 1.5 million lives were saved.

In a country with 14,000 murders a year? Your argument is a joke. Sorry but the numbers don't work for you. The answer is some small percent of 14000.

In a country with 14,000 murders a year? Your argument is a joke. Sorry but the numbers don't work for you. The answer is some small percent of 14000.

Yes…pull that out of your ass…….does that itch when you do that?

So…was this woman robbed, raped or murdered?…….or none of the above…because she used her gun….

Lancaster Woman Scares Off Bat-Wielding Attackers By Pulling Gun On Them

LANCASTER, Ohio - It happened along a walking path in Lancaster.

Dinah Burns is licensed to carry a concealed gun, but she'd only recently started taking her weapon while walking her dog.

Based on what happened, it looks like she'll make a point of carrying from now on.

"I think if they'd gotten any closer, I probably would have fired,” said Burns.

It was Monday when Burns was on a footpath near Sanderson Elementary School.

"Two gentlemen came out of the woods, one holding a baseball bat, and said 'You're coming with us'."

The men weren't deterred by Dinah's dog Gracie.

"I said, 'Well, what do you want?,' and as I was saying that I reached in to my pocket and slipped my gun out, slipped the safety off as I pulled it out. As I was doing that the other gentleman came toward me and raised the baseball bat. And, I pointed the gun at them and said, 'I have this and I'm not afraid to use it.'"

The men took off and so far have eluded police. Dinah posted about the incident on Facebook to alert friends and neighbors, to criticism by some.

"Most of the males' opinion was, 'Why didn't you shoot them?'"

Easy to second-guess a decision made under pressure, based on her concealed carry training, and police agree.

"To get out of a situation, back out, get out of it as much as you can without having to discharge your firearm."

"I will say it's a good thing to go from a place of danger to a place of safety, however you get that done,” said Sgt. Matt Chambers, Lancaster Police.

"Very thankful that it turned out the way it did, and hope it doesn't happen again, but I will be prepared."

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

The problem is you need crimes to defend for a lawful defense. The number of crimes does not support your wild claims

Okay Brain…..you tell me….under which crime do you add this to the stats…rape, robbery, murder, kidnapping……..you get to pick…….choose one or several categories……and since none of them happened…does that mean the threat wasn't stopped…?

Dinah Burns is licensed to carry a concealed gun, but she'd only recently started taking her weapon while walking her dog.

Based on what happened, it looks like she'll make a point of carrying from now on.

"Two gentlemen came out of the woods, one holding a baseball bat, and said 'You're coming with us'."

"I said, 'Well, what do you want?,' and as I was saying that I reached in to my pocket and slipped my gun out, slipped the safety off as I pulled it out. As I was doing that the other gentleman came toward me and raised the baseball bat. And, I pointed the gun at them and said, 'I have this and I'm not afraid to use it.'"

The men took off and so far have eluded police. Dinah posted about the incident on Facebook to alert friends and neighbors, to criticism by some.

Easy to second-guess a decision made under pressure, based on her concealed carry training, and police agree.

"To get out of a situation, back out, get out of it as much as you can without having to discharge your firearm."

"I will say it's a good thing to go from a place of danger to a place of safety, however you get that done,” said Sgt. Matt Chambers, Lancaster Police.

"Very thankful that it turned out the way it did, and hope it doesn't happen again, but I will be prepared."

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Of course you are being deceitful again….when you are being robbed, and you draw a gun and the criminal runs away…or you are about to be raped, and you draw a gun and the rapist runs away…no crime has actually been committed because the gun owner stopped it…..and many times people don't bother to report that because there is nothing the police will do……

So try again…..
Attempting a crime is a crime. Lawful people report these things so the person can be stopped before another crime is attempted. By not reporting your gun owners are promoting crime.

Only 8,124 gun murders in 2014………that number is going down as more people carry guns for self defense….and keep them in their homes…..

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

So try again…..
Attempting a crime is a crime. Lawful people report these things so the person can be stopped before another crime is attempted. By not reporting your gun owners are promoting crime.

Yeah…yeah………you have been shown to be a foolish person…..try harder next time.

With the recent increase in these mass murder shooting situations, I must confess to you all that more armed Americans is the only logical solution to these shootings. If there was an armed citizen in the conference
room in San Bernadino, he or she could have put a stop to the two crazed killers. Gun control is not the answer,
as both assault rifles were purchased legally. The Gun grabbers always try to use these unfortunate mass shootings as a scapegoat to deliver their gun control agenda. When we look at these type of events, we can
logically see that armed American citizens would have been able to stop the carnage that we are reading about, and seeing on the network news. More armed Americans is the correct response to the terrorist , who by the way are already armed with fully automatic AK 47 assault rifles, and RPG's.

I disagree. We shouldn't need everyone to be armed so we can shoot dead these crazies and terrorists. What we need is a justice system that locks up criminals for good, a mental health system that identifies the mentally unstable and locks them up, and an immigration policy that bans Muslim nut jobs.

Then, you will see gun violence plummet.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

So try again…..

Okay Brain…try it again…..

Okay Brain…..you tell me….under which crime do you add this to the stats…rape, robbery, murder, kidnapping……..you get to pick…….choose one or several categories……and since none of them happened…does that mean the threat wasn't stopped…?

So…was this woman robbed, raped or murdered?…….or none of the above…because she used her gun….

Sorry but a minority of the population can't be saving more lives than there are murders committed. You need to learn math.

With the recent increase in these mass murder shooting situations, I must confess to you all that more armed Americans is the only logical solution to these shootings. If there was an armed citizen in the conference
room in San Bernadino, he or she could have put a stop to the two crazed killers. Gun control is not the answer,
as both assault rifles were purchased legally. The Gun grabbers always try to use these unfortunate mass shootings as a scapegoat to deliver their gun control agenda. When we look at these type of events, we can
logically see that armed American citizens would have been able to stop the carnage that we are reading about, and seeing on the network news. More armed Americans is the correct response to the terrorist , who by the way are already armed with fully automatic AK 47 assault rifles, and RPG's.

I disagree. We shouldn't need everyone to be armed so we can shoot dead these crazies and terrorists. What we need is a justice system that locks up criminals for good, a mental health system that identifies the mentally unstable and locks them up, and an immigration policy that bans Muslim nut jobs.

Except for the first part I agree with you…most gun murders are committed by career, violent criminals with long histories of violence and histories of illegal gun use before the murder…..

Sorry but a minority of the population can't be saving more lives than there are murders committed. You need to learn math.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

So try again…..

Police are looking for them. She must not be a criminal so it was reported. Next.

Why do you waste so much forum space posting the same things hundreds of times?

Why do you waste so much forum space posting the same things hundreds of times?

You post silly things and need to be called on them….
\
Next……this guy is sprayed with pepper spray…is it simple assault…or was it going to be rape, robbery, murder, kidnapping……

NRA-ILA | Armed homeowner scares off attacker, KTVA, Anchorage, Alaska 11/13/15

A homeowner was in their house in Anchorage, Alaska when they heard a knock at the door. The homeowner retrieved a gun and went to answer the door. Upon opening the door, an intruder pepper-sprayed the homeowner, prompting the homeowner to fire at the criminal. The attacker fled the scene. (KTVA, Anchorage, Alaska 11/13/15)

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

So try again…..

Police are looking for them. She must not be a criminal so it was reported. Next.

Which category does it fit into Brain….rape, robbery, kidnapping, murder…..and since it was stopped because she had a gun….which of those categories will this get logged into……..

Forum List

Back