🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

More liberal groups demanding gays be allowed to donate blood

So pathetic eskmerelda. All you have is name calling a d insults.

First, I didn't do any name calling. Do you have reading comprehension issues?
Second, I provided a link that lays out exactly what I was saying, that all blood is tested for infectious diseases before it is used. Another reading problem on your part?

http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/TUTORIAL/BLDBANK/BBTEST.html

Try checking out the link. Above, it looks like this: Blood Testing. Get some facts about something before you start attacking others. And I don't mean just your attack on me.

The people who are the quintessentiall insulters are bigots and racists, like the person who posted this thread.

Last edited:
News flash: gay men can and do donate blood right now! How? Quite simple: LIE.

Of course, a gay man in a mutually-monogamous relationship for 20 years cannot donate blood. But a woman who picks up a different man every night for a month is A-OK! Talk about STUPID.

Nope...They screen you before you can donate. One test for your blood group,another for any viruses or STD's.

You didn't read and understand my post, did you. (That's not a question.)

I understood just fine. They will not use blood from high risk individuals. Infact they have a long list of do's and dont's and they basically interview you extensively and test your blood before every donation. If you fall into certain catagories you are out...straight men and women included.

Men and women who are prostitues or have slept with them. People who have used drugs. Men or women who have traveled to countries that have a high occurance of infectious disease including HIV.

Other examples are...you can not give blood if you have had tatoos,certain cosmetic treatments, growth hormone ,fertility treatments or acupuncture within a certain time frame (usually around 6 months to a year before).

Can't if you have had hepitius or Jaundice .

It's not just gay = bad Straight = good. Even though you are trying to paint it that way.

Last edited:

Of course, a gay man in a mutually-monogamous relationship for 20 years cannot donate blood. But a woman who picks up a different man every night for a month is A-OK! Talk about STUPID.

Exactly.
Gay men have donated blood for years - they simply lie about their orientation. There is no way to prove someone is gay, anyway. I don't know how conservatives expect to ban homosexuals from donating blood when it has never been possible.

Nope...They screen you before you can donate. One test for your blood group,another for any viruses or STD's.

If you are screen before you can donate, why can't homosexuals donate blood?

Because they belong to a high risk group and the FDA can not detect the virus 100% of the time with testing...so , they will not allow it.

Exactly.
Gay men have donated blood for years - they simply lie about their orientation. There is no way to prove someone is gay, anyway. I don't know how conservatives expect to ban homosexuals from donating blood when it has never been possible.

Anyone can lie...I guess if you want to put the public at risk to prove a point. Go for it. :cuckoo:

Because they belong to a high risk group and the FDA can not detect the virus 100% of the time with testing...so , they will not allow it.

But all a man needs to do is lie and say they are heterosexual - and how do you prove they are gay?

Exactly.

Anyone can lie...I guess if you want to put the public at risk to prove a point. Go for it. :cuckoo:

Has there been an increase in the number of people infected by HIV from a blood transfusion? How many people were infected with HIV from a blood transfusion in the last 12 months?

But all a man needs to do is lie and say they are heterosexual - and how do you prove they are gay?

Yeah, and people who sleep with prostitues can lie too. So? Never knew donating blood was so important that people would actually lie to the screeners. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

Last edited:
Exactly.

Has there been an increase in the number of people infected by HIV from a blood transfusion? How many people were infected with HIV from a blood transfusion in the last 12 months?

You think HIV is the only thing they look for during screening?

Yeah, and people who sleep with prostitues can lie too. So? Never knew donating blood was so important that people would actually lie to the screeners. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

As long as the US pays people for blood, people will lie. In other countries, they don't pay for blood donations.

One look at a guy's ass and they can't lie.

We should all be willing to die so gays can feel all included.

Umm, blood is tested for HIV before being used in a transfusion. Gays should be allowed to donate just as anyone should. I'm actually surprised there's a ban on it.

Homophobic thread fail

You didn't read and understand my post, did you. (That's not a question.)

I understood just fine. They will not use blood from high risk individuals. Infact they have a long list of do's and dont's and they basically interview you extensively and test your blood before every donation. If you fall into certain catagories you are out...straight men and women included.

Men and women who are prostitues or have slept with them. People who have used drugs. Men or women who have traveled to countries that have a high occurance of infectious disease including HIV.

Other examples are...you can not give blood if you have had tatoos,certain cosmetic treatments, growth hormone ,fertility treatments or acupuncture within a certain time frame (usually around 6 months to a year before).

Can't if you have had hepitius or Jaundice .

It's not just gay = bad Straight = good. Even though you are trying to paint it that way.

Once more, from the top: anyone in those groups CAN donate. How? Simple: LIE. Do not tell them you are gay/a hooker/lived a year in London.

Exactly.

Explain, in detail, EXACTLY how a gay man in a mutually-monogamous relationship for 20 years donating blood puts anyone at risk. Be specific.

As long as the US pays people for blood, people will lie. In other countries, they don't pay for blood donations.

They rarely pay for it here. I have donated many times & have NEVER been paid.

Forum List

Back