More Mask Mania!

HenryBHough

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Oak Grove, Massachusetts
More but different.

The canny Scots have been reading British headlines and taking actioin:

These aren't Covid masks. They're response to headlines earlier today - now vanished - quoting Russian diplomats making it clear that any nation doing anything that could be justifiably considered a declaration of war against Russia to warrant a nuclear strike. Is it possible that the Scots are the only people taking it seriously?

Are they paranoid or just facing a very potential reality???

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 1.33.34 PM.png

How does a gas mask save one from radiation?
It prevents you from breathing radioactive particles. Have you never studied the effects to the surrounding area of a nuclear bomb going off? If you're close enough, a mask won't help, as you are bombarded by radiation. Further away, however, and you have to deal with radioactive dust in the air, and while exposure to some on the skin may not be too harmful, inhaling it would be much more so. Ergo, the masks.

Thus ends today's lesson in the realities of life in a nuclear age.

Last edited:
How does a gas mask save one from radiation?
You can brush fallout off or wash it off, but cannot get it out of your lungs. I didn't know the Scots were such nervous types.

It prevents you from breathing radioactive particles. Have you never studied the effects to the surrounding area of a nuclear bomb going off? If you're close enough, a mask won't help, as you are bombarded by radiation. Further away, however, and you have to deal with radioactive dust in the air, and while exposure to some on the skin may not be too harmful, inhaling it would be much more so. Ergo, the masks.

Thanks for the laughs but, inhaling nuclear dust and particles are yer least worries. Unless you are isolated underground or in a tank you are pretty much fucked even with a mask.

I have lived in the nuclear age my entire life. Fortunately, my parents didn't obsess over it, so I was spared from developing a phobia about it.

Thanks for the laughs but, inhaling nuclear dust and particles are yer least worries. Unless you are isolated underground or in a tank you are pretty much fucked even with a mask.
Depends how far you are from ground zero. Don't you know any of this stuff?

Voting for Democrats = Voting for mask mandates, lockdowns, internment camps for the unvaccinated, sky high gas prices, record homelessness, and the grooming of your kids.

The most anti American thing an American can do is support Democrats.

Forum List

Back