More Mexicans are leaving the USA......will tomato prices rise

Americans will not work for minimum wage in picking crops as the last twenty years have shown, so, yes, the more the immigrant crop labor leaves the higher prices will increase.

But . . . Trump is failing with his deportation plans so far, so we will have to see what happens.

Why don't you tell that to the leftist protesters?

What American will complain about paying more for produce while at the same time, getting rid of illegals and giving Americans more jobs?

You leftists never cared about how much more we would pay for energy to be green, or how much more we pay for groceries because we are burning up our food supply to make ethanol, but all of a sudden you're worried about paying $3.00 for a head of lettuce instead of $1.85?
I am not a leftist, and you are a far righty, so your perspective is badly skewed.

I pay less than that, and I can pay $5 a head, if necessary.

The overwhelming majority of Americans will not work in the fields, Ray, for minimum wage.

More Mexicans are crossing the border — to leave the US. Here’s one family’s story.

Seriously, are you scared of paying an American minimum wage to pick crops?
You actually think paying a fair wage for fellow Americans to do the work is bad?
No paying Americans would be a great thing, what's bad is letting Mexicans work for pennies as slaves
Why is that bad? They are here illegally. They don't deserve any sense of protection from the law. What we do need is to prosecute the employers taking advantage of them. Giving them no reason to belong in this country.

As I've said for years. We don't need an immigration law to be drastically changed. We just need to enforce current law.

I am not a leftist, and you are a far righty, so your perspective is badly skewed.

The overwhelming majority of Americans will not work in the fields, Ray, for minimum wage.

my perspective is badly skewed? You mean your a righty that takes leftist positions all the time and I'm the one that's skewed?

So who said minimum wage? If any employer can't get workers for minimum wage, they have to increase their offer or do without. An employer that does without goes out of business. So farmers will have to pay much more than minimum wage to get the work done, and yes, we will pay for it when we buy their products. I have no problem with that.

More Mexicans are crossing the border — to leave the US. Here’s one family’s story.

You actually think paying a fair wage for fellow Americans to do the work is bad?
No paying Americans would be a great thing, what's bad is letting Mexicans work for pennies as slaves
Why is that bad? They are here illegally. They don't deserve any sense of protection from the law. What we do need is to prosecute the employers taking advantage of them. Giving them no reason to belong in this country.

As I've said for years. We don't need an immigration law to be drastically changed. We just need to enforce current law.
All people are deserving of the same dignified protections. There is no difference between underpaying Mexicans or having African slaves do the picking. It's wrong............... What's worse is watching Americans turn to crime and drugs because Mexico took their job

All people are deserving of the same dignified protections. There is no difference between underpaying Mexicans or having African slaves do the picking. It's wrong............... What's worse is watching Americans turn to crime and drugs because Mexico took their job
Only American born citizens are deserving of the constitutional protections contained within.

Most pickers are here on legal visas. Getting rid of illegals gets rid of the ones that went into trades and compete directly with Americans there.

Nothing wrong with high-schoolers picking. People in my family did it.

I did too, but at a much younger age and not the same way. :badgrin:

Only American born citizens are deserving of the constitutional protections contained within.
So you are saying that non American citizens can be used as slaves.

Dude you are completely retarded, please stick your tongue back in your mouth

I am told illegal immigrants aren't a statutory issue, but a civil issue Can we sue them in CIVIL court? HOW are illegals accountable, then?

So you are saying that non American citizens can be used as slaves.

I don't even believe foreigners are HUMAN, never mind deserving of Rights.
Well they are human and deserve to be shipped home pronto, allowing USA farm slave owners to abuse them is equally wrong

I agree you cant abuse them, but then they bring it on themselves by coming here breaking the law......sad all the way around

dont they have tomatoe fights in some european country? like an annual event?

Yep, Spain.....wanna jump in?
APphoto_Spain-Tomato-Fight.jpg

my perspective is badly skewed? You mean your a righty that takes leftist positions all the time and I'm the one that's skewed?

So who said minimum wage? If any employer can't get workers for minimum wage, they have to increase their offer or do without. An employer that does without goes out of business. So farmers will have to pay much more than minimum wage to get the work done, and yes, we will pay for it when we buy their products. I have no problem with that.
You are wrong, of course, about my position, because you are so far right. Finally, you, however, get the idea that farmers will have to pay more for labor.

They don't want to, of course, and the economics of supply and demand will trump (heh) Trump.

Forum List

Back