More Trump Criminality

This tracks.

The doorman, Dino Sajudin, spoke out after reports published Thursday morning detailed his agreement with American Media Inc., the publisher of The National Enquirer, that included a $30,000 payment for the exclusive rights to the story.

"Today I awoke to learn that a confidential agreement that I had with AMI (The National Enquirer) with regard to a story about President Trump was leaked to the press," Sajudin statement's to CNN read. "I can confirm that while working at Trump World Tower I was instructed not to criticize President Trump's former housekeeper due to a prior relationship she had with President Trump which produced a child."

Sorry Doubters, But Bragg Was Right to Indict Trump
No, the case isn’t too weak. No, it’s not too politically explosive. And no, Bragg should not have waited for other indictments to come first.

Here’s the core of the case against Trump:

In August 2015, less than two months after he announced his candidacy, Trump held a meeting at his Trump Tower office in New York City with his then-lawyer Michael Cohen and David Pecker, the CEO of American Media, Inc. (AMI), owner and publisher of the supermarket tabloid the National Enquirer.

At the meeting, Pecker agreed “to help with [Trump’s] campaign.”

Pecker’s role was to be on the lookout for negative stories about Trump and to alert Cohen and Trump to any such stories before they were published. Pecker has admitted in a non-prosecution agreement that, in furtherance of his agreement with Trump, he had AMI acquire exclusive rights to salacious stories about Trump in order to make sure they were not published “before the 2016 presidential election and thereby influence that election.”

This was the so-called “catch-and-kill” scheme.

Pecker and Cohen worked together to catch and kill three stories that could harm Trump’s bid for the presidency.

First, AMI made a payment of $30,000—to be reimbursed by Trump—to silence a Trump Tower doorman who claimed to have information about a child Trump allegedly fathered out of wedlock.

Next, around three months prior to the election, AMI made another payment of $150,000 to suppress a story from a Playboy model, Karen McDougal, in exchange for her agreement not to speak out about an alleged sexual relationship with Trump. In a conversation captured in an audio recording, Cohen and Trump discussed how to reimburse AMI for the hush money payment to McDougal. (So much for the “I had nothing to do with any of this, it was all just Michael Cohen and David Pecker acting on their own” defense.)

But it is the third catch-and-kill story—the one involving a payment of $130,000 to an adult film actress whose stage name is Stormy Daniels—that has captured most of the national press attention.

More at the link.

Special counsel focuses on Trump fundraising off false election claims

Federal prosecutors probing the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol have in recent weeks sought a wide range of documents related to fundraising after the 2020 election, looking to determine if former president Donald Trump or his advisers scammed donors by using false claims about voter fraud to raise money, eight people familiar with the new inquiries said.

Special counsel Jack Smith’s office has sent subpoenas in recent weeks to Trump advisers and former campaign aides, Republican operatives and other consultants involved in the 2020 presidential campaign, the people said. They have also heard testimony from some of these figures in front of a Washington grand jury, some of the people said.

The dumbass also has said many times, the latest during the CNN town hall, that he declassified the documents before he left office, in Washington. SCOTUS lawyer last night said that puts a trial in D.C. rather than Florida.

Forum List

Back