Morm prez ordered to court - financial fraud

Yeah totally shocking that the court allows a frivolous lawsuit. its not like that's never happened before.

Other than your hope that the allegations are untrue, kindly set forth what makes this suit frivolous.

It would be like taking the Catholic church to court and suing them because you claim Christ didn't actually rise from the dead so the Catholic church is defrauding people by taking collections.

DO Jews believe in tithe? If so Jillian is attacking her own faith.

Yeah totally shocking that the court allows a frivolous lawsuit. its not like that's never happened before.

Other than your hope that the allegations are untrue, kindly set forth what makes this suit frivolous.

It would be like taking the Pope to court and suing him because you claim Christ didn't actually rise from the dead so the Catholic church is defrauding people by taking collections.

What I found interesting about it is that no one would ever encourage someone to pay tithes for any of the things he was complaining about. People pay tithing because it's command. No one is saying "Pay tithes because adam and eve lived."

Jillian should have realized it was a frivolous suit.

I cant help but notice Lud has completely ignored the fact that the case was thrown out.

The case gets thrown out and it's completely ignored by people who want to believe the OP. Go figure.

Not shocking. Their ties to dirty money go back 100 years.

Links or admit you are lying.

THE GREAT MORMON MONEY MACHINE
http://latayne.com/uploads/Mormons-and-Money.pdf
DIVINE RIGHT RITE: Mormon Money Doctrine, Joseph Smith's Bank of Moroni

Here's a start.
So you are a retired gay sergeant?
Was that difficult? Were you persecuted or was it a big secret?

2 of your links are to the same source. And it talks about tithing which most religions do. Nothing shady or illegal about that.

Your third source is to a biased bullshit artist.

Your bias is obvious. Your lies exposed. Your own links undo you.

As to your gay claim I dare you to call any Gunnery Sergeant gay to their face. Moron.

Last edited:
Mormon president ordered to appear in British court

... Two summonses direct Thomas S. Monson of Utah, the Church president, to attend a March 14 hearing in the Westminster Magistrates Court of London to answer accusations that key tenets of the LDS faith are untrue and have been used to secure financial contributions....

I'm shocked, I tell you.

Just SHOCKED!

Aside from :gives:

what religion doesn't coerce money?

There's really no other reason for a religion to exist.

i cant help but notice lud has completely ignored the fact that the case was thrown out.

lol

What is so funny? That your pet peeve got waxed as was told would happen based on British law?

What's funny is that I wasn't waiting for news about this as Avatar asssumed I was.

If it had not cycled back up to show on the front page, I would never have noticed it.

And, now, its not important to me again.

Some of you really need to get a life.

Have a nice evening.

Links or admit you are lying.

THE GREAT MORMON MONEY MACHINE
http://latayne.com/uploads/Mormons-and-Money.pdf
DIVINE RIGHT RITE: Mormon Money Doctrine, Joseph Smith's Bank of Moroni

Here's a start.
So you are a retired gay sergeant?
Was that difficult? Were you persecuted or was it a big secret?

2 of your links are to the same source. And it talks about tithing which most religions do. Nothing shady or illegal about that.

Your third source is to a biased bullshit artist.

Your bias is obvious. Your lies exposed. Your own links undo you.

As to your gay claim I dare you to call any Gunnery Sergeant gay to their face. Moron.
I hope the Gy Sergeant fights better than he argues.
The first two talk about the strong arm tactics used by the church in regards to tithing. The third, though definitely biased, includes some historical data that you don't refute. You simply attack the messenger of the article.
Don't worry. I'll keep your secret.:wink_2:

The chance of a conviction is zero and I don't need a link other than the one provided by the OP (all quotes are from that link).

The “fraud” charges have nothing to do with misuse of funds which is what apparently some people think. According to the link, the charges relate solely to the teachings of the church.

“Two summonses direct Thomas S. Monson of Utah, the Church president, to attend a March 14 hearing in the Westminster Magistrates Court of London to answer accusations that key tenets of the LDS faith are untrue and have been used to secure financial contributions.”

“Phillips listed seven Church teachings that he claims are demonstrably false, including the origins of the Book of Mormon and the Book of Abraham, also part of the Church's canon of scripture. "These are not statements of mere 'beliefs' or opinions or theories," he wrote. "They are made as actual facts and their truthfulness can be objectively tested with evidence."

One of the teachings alleged to be fraudulent is the creation account in the Book of Genesis (yes, the same Genesis account believed by many Christian denominations):

“Phillips challenges the biblical Book of Genesis, alleging it is fraudulent to assert that "all humans alive today are descended from just two people (Adam and Eve) who lived approximately 6,000 years ago." In a supplemental filing, Phillips argued, "Anthropology, history and DNA studies prove this to be impossible."

The charges are frivolous and will never result in a conviction. Does anyone seriously believe that a Church would be successfully sued because of its tenets? Will Christian churches be sued because they cannot prove the elements of their faith? It will never happen.

The chance of a conviction is zero and I don't need a link other than the one provided by the OP (all quotes are from that link).

The “fraud” charges have nothing to do with misuse of funds which is what apparently some people think. According to the link, the charges relate solely to the teachings of the church.

“Two summonses direct Thomas S. Monson of Utah, the Church president, to attend a March 14 hearing in the Westminster Magistrates Court of London to answer accusations that key tenets of the LDS faith are untrue and have been used to secure financial contributions.”

“Phillips listed seven Church teachings that he claims are demonstrably false, including the origins of the Book of Mormon and the Book of Abraham, also part of the Church's canon of scripture. "These are not statements of mere 'beliefs' or opinions or theories," he wrote. "They are made as actual facts and their truthfulness can be objectively tested with evidence."

One of the teachings alleged to be fraudulent is the creation account in the Book of Genesis (yes, the same Genesis account believed by many Christian denominations):

“Phillips challenges the biblical Book of Genesis, alleging it is fraudulent to assert that "all humans alive today are descended from just two people (Adam and Eve) who lived approximately 6,000 years ago." In a supplemental filing, Phillips argued, "Anthropology, history and DNA studies prove this to be impossible."

The charges are frivolous and will never result in a conviction. Does anyone seriously believe that a Church would be successfully sued because of its tenets? Will Christian churches be sued because they cannot prove the elements of their faith? It will never happen.

You can not sue religion in England as was stated in replies. The case was thrown out.

You can not sue religion in England as was stated in replies. The case was thrown out.

As it should have been. The very idea is laughable.

Semper Fi, Gunny

Forum List

Back