🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Moron VA secretary: Disney doesn't measure wait times, so why should VA?

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Fucking idiot! People's lives don't depend on getting on a Disney ride. Veterans have died because of long waiting lists for care. Easy to see that those running the VA don't take the health of our veterans seriously.

"Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert McDonald on Monday compared the length of

time veterans wait to receive health care at the VA to the length of time people

wait for rides at Disneyland, and said his agency shouldn't use wait times as a

measure of success because Disney doesn't either.

"When you got to Disney, do they measure the number of hours you wait in

line? Or what's important? What's important is, what's your satisfaction with

the experience?" McDonald said Monday during a Christian Science Monitor

breakfast with reporters. "And what I would like to move to, eventually, is that

kind of measure.""

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/va-secretary-disney-doesnt-measure-wait-times-so-why-should-va/article/2592021

why have the military run the va ? They aren't in the health biz.

why have the military run the va ? They aren't in the health biz.

The military doesn't run the VA Timmy. Jesus.
Lmao! Timmy apparently rode the short bus to school lol.
th

Lol! U idiots mocking me . That's rich .

Tell me , when was the last VA secretary NOT a military guy? Just because they dont fall under the pentagon doesn't mean they aren't run by the military. If everyone running the place is military , then it's run by military !

what's the issue? really look at what he said and tell me what's wrong with it
Someone with cancer or severe sciatica will not be satisfied with waiting six months for an appointment. It is life and quality of life we're talking about here, not rating a resort. I can see what he's saying, but wait times are still important. Of course, the arbitrary 'response times' the folks in charge (who don't know shit) initially set up are why the VA hospitals were all fudging their numbers. The bureaucrats love to set pie in the sky objectives that can't possibly be met and then threaten to fire people when they can't meet them. They needed personnel and they need more flexibility in allowing vets to go outside the system. Hopefully those are being addressed.

Tell me , when was the last VA secretary NOT a military guy? Just because they dont fall under the pentagon doesn't mean they aren't run by the military. If everyone running the place is military , then it's run by military !

The head of the VA is an ex-Proctor & Gamble guy. And note to self: everyone working for the VA isn't military.

Someone with cancer or severe sciatica will not be satisfied with waiting six months for an appointment. It is life and quality of life we're talking about here, not rating a resort. I can see what he's saying, but wait times are still important. Of course, the arbitrary 'response times' the folks in charge (who don't know shit) initially set up are why the VA hospitals were all fudging their numbers. The bureaucrats love to set pie in the sky objectives that can't possibly be met and then threaten to fire people when they can't meet them. They needed personnel and they need more flexibility in allowing vets to go outside the system. Hopefully those are being addressed.
i don't disagree. but to the point - unreasonable times will not leave someone satisfied, so it's not as if he's saying that wait times will be ignored, just that they can't be the only or even the best measure of success.

The head of the VA is an ex-Proctor & Gamble guy. And note to self: everyone working for the VA isn't military.

Ohhh proctor n gamble ! Great , I'm sure Sheets at the VA are very clean .

How about a medical industry guy ?

Fucking idiot! People's lives don't depend on getting on a Disney ride. Veterans have died because of long waiting lists for care. Easy to see that those running the VA don't take the health of our veterans seriously.

"Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert McDonald on Monday compared the length of

time veterans wait to receive health care at the VA to the length of time people

wait for rides at Disneyland, and said his agency shouldn't use wait times as a

measure of success because Disney doesn't either.

"When you got to Disney, do they measure the number of hours you wait in

line? Or what's important? What's important is, what's your satisfaction with

the experience?" McDonald said Monday during a Christian Science Monitor

breakfast with reporters. "And what I would like to move to, eventually, is that

kind of measure.""

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/va-secretary-disney-doesnt-measure-wait-times-so-why-should-va/article/2592021
Typical Washington Examiner crap.

The VA wait times have been reduced by a project that has private insurance companies providing care for those who have longer than a 30 day wait time.

Vets who used to wait 60 days are getting treatment in 2 weeks or less now

Ohhh proctor n gamble ! Great , I'm sure Sheets at the VA are very clean .

How about a medical industry guy ?

Ask Obama, he appointed him. And yes, one would think that someone from the industry would be preferable.

If you live long enough to get an appointment, you'll be so pleased with the service.

Do you understand how many died because they couldn't get in?

i don't disagree. but to the point - unreasonable times will not leave someone satisfied, so it's not as if he's saying that wait times will be ignored, just that they can't be the only or even the best measure of success.
I do understand what he meant. He didn't say it very well, though, did he?

Forum List

Back