Moscow’s secret plot to invade second nation leaked

Loo works hard in order to avoid the Hague 😆

One would think the Hague would still be too busy dealing with Americans over what they did to Iraq's civilian population!
And it's not as if Wikileaks' Assange didn't catch them redhanded!

One would think the Hague would still be too busy dealing with Americans over what they did to Iraq's civilian population!
And it's not as if Wikileaks' Assange didn't catch them redhanded!
And btw, wasn't Iraq 1 and Iraq2 the biggest invasions since WW2?

I think if Russia tries to invade a second country that the whole dynamic of the American response will have to change, as it will harken back to Hitler's expansion through Europe...
Why would it have to change? Just because we made a mistake in the past doesn’t mean we must repeat it if a similar situation comes along.
At least in WW2 The Germans declared war on us. This is a European problem.

Why would it have to change? Just because we made a mistake in the past doesn’t mean we must repeat it if a similar situation comes along.
At least in WW2 The Germans declared war on us. This is a European problem.

And there are many countries in Europe that are allies.

Please don't tell me you really need to have this explained to you...

I think if Russia tries to invade a second country that the whole dynamic of the American response will have to change, as it will harken back to Hitler's expansion through Europe...
I agree. Tha is why Putin's invasion of the Ukraine is akin to Hitler's invasion of the Sudetenland in the 1930's. Is Poland on Putin's list?

I agree. Tha is why Putin's invasion of the Ukraine is akin to Hitler's invasion of the Sudetenland in the 1930's. Is Poland on Putin's list?
That's actually an apt comparison, imo. Sudetenland, and maybe better, the Czech's, were simply trying to live lives, but they didn't have mutual protection treaties. Poland did and does. And so do the Baltics.

So does Nato need to pre-empt Putin before he gets to the Baltics? (or Poland, which I think could stand up to the Russians if they already had the Abrams tanks we've promised).

And Moldova has been contributing to Nato's common defense and their military is integrated with Nato, even though they are not a member state. Russia intervened there in 1990 sort of as they did in Ukraine and Donbass.

And there are many countries in Europe that are allies.

Please don't tell me you really need to have this explained to you...
And Ukraine isn’t one of them. As for our NATO alliances… That’s a bad contract for us. They need us. We don’t need them. All NATO membership means for us is an increased chance of being dragged into European wars. Russia has never, and likely will never contemplate invading the US. This is a European problem.

And Ukraine isn’t one of them. As for our NATO alliances… That’s a bad contract for us. They need us. We don’t need them. All NATO membership means for us is an increased chance of being dragged into European wars. Russia has never, and likely will never contemplate invading the IS. This is a European problem.
Nato is the means to stop invasions to end mutually agreed upon free trade. That is the Reagan Doctrine. Any use of force against another country to force it not to trade with whom it chooses is an existential threat to the US that will be met with military force, if necessary, to stop it.

Nato is the means to stop invasions to end mutually agreed upon free trade. That is the Reagan Doctrine. Any use of force against another country to force it not to trade with whom it chooses is an existential threat to the US that will be met with military force, if necessary, to stop it.
Like the Wests sanctions on other countries? Hmmm…

There is where I ask you to demonstrate that The Hague would/should/could be busy with any such thing, and where you respond by tucking your tail and running away.
As always.

Perhaps, but such actions define the notion of sovereignty. Good or ill all nations must be able to act in their own iinterests regardless of popular opinion lest they be vassals to the powerful.
Just as you have the right to swing your arms, that right is limited when it either causes another person to have to flinch or if it causes your hand or fist to strike his nose.

Similarly, the sovereignty of a nation doesn’t allow it to freely invade another sovereign nation. There is no such “right.” For otherwise your claim of sovereignty denies another state of their sovereign right to be left the fuck alone.

So, it seems like consequences may very well attach if country R (especially based on an obviously dishonest pretext) chooses to invade country U. Countries like A, B, C, etc., might just find it necessary to either sanction country R or maybe even go further.

These responses could lead to a wider war. It’s true. But as we learned from history, failure to respond decisively at the outset can also lead to dire repercussions.

Forum List

Back