🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Most Over-Rated Musical Acts Of All Time...

This is a subject dear to my heart.

Dick Clark almost killed rock and roll. It started out with Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, and other fantastic talents. Dick could not put these guys on national television for financial and racial reasons, so he fed us Bobby Rydell, Fabian, Annette, Bobby Vee, Bobby Vinton, and worst of all, Neil Sadaka. I equate Dick's "Golden Boys" music to being almost as exciting as Patti Page singing, "How Much Is that Doggie in the Window".

But Ozzie Nelson outdid Dick Clark by feeding Ricky Nelson to us, whose charismatic style could be compared to a dead puppy. His somgs where whitewashed covers of good stuff made famous by people like Fats Domino ("I'm Walkin'). Ricky could put a teenager to sleep faster than an algebra textbook.

In spite of my considering Ricky to be the most overrated star ever, I have to hand it Ozzie. He created the "Traveling Man" video, which was the very first popular music video featuring images other than the singer, ever (in the second half of the folowing video):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0janfcZ8LUw]Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man 1961 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
This is a subject dear to my heart.

Dick Clark almost killed rock and roll. It started out with Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, and other fantastic talents. Dick could not put these guys on national television for financial and racial reasons, so he fed us Bobby Rydell, Fabian, Annette, Bobby Vee, Bobby Vinton, and worst of all, Neil Sadaka. I equate Dick's "Golden Boys" music to being almost as exciting as Patti Page singing, "How Much Is that Doggie in the Window".

But Ozzie Nelson outdid Dick Clark by feeding Ricky Nelson to us, whose charismatic style could be compared to a dead puppy. His somgs where whitewashed covers of good stuff made famous by people like Fats Domino ("I'm Walkin'). Ricky could put a teenager to sleep faster than an algebra textbook.

In spite of my considering Ricky to be the most overrated star ever, I have to hand it Ozzie. He created the "Traveling Man" video, which was the very first popular music video featuring images other than the singer, ever (in the second half of the folowing video):

Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man 1961 - YouTube

He was a manufactured star, a teen idol.

Garden Party was an excellent song. Can't say he is overrated though as he was not highly rated to begin with

Over rated- All the bands you like

Greatest of all time- all the ones I like

That seems to be the gist of the thread.

Forum List

Back