🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Most Over-Rated Musical Acts Of All Time...

CDs sales of both artists - and their place in history on the musical landscape - says otherwise...

D

No, it says they are over-rated. The Beatles was childish drivel, Bruce Springsteen sang the same song over and over but changed the words to it.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................

You're stupid. Someone claiming the Beatles are "childish drivel" is flat-out stupid. There is no room for debate, no doubt whatsoever: you're dumb as a rock, or you're deaf.

Yup, personal attacks. That means you have nothing. Dismissed.

Ok, who is rated then...

Wait what? All of them are rated, some are over-rated?

Are you trying to ask me to name a band that I think isn't over-rated? That would be difficult to answer because there are a lot of bands that are appropriately rated, and under-rated.

What bands do you rate, and which do you think are under rated?

There are too many under-rated bands to name actually.

What bands do I rate? I don't see how that has anything to do with the thread but I LIKE a lot of bands:

The Who, The Stones, Led Zepplin, Linkin Park, Green Day, Pink Floyd, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Van Halen, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, ZZ Topp, The Outlaws, The Cars, The Talking Heads, Cream, Eric Clapton, The Pretenders, Alice Cooper, The Doors, The Red Hot Chili Peppers. There's more but that's all I can think of atm.

What bands do you rate, and which do you think are under rated?

There are too many under-rated bands to name actually.

What bands do I rate? I don't see how that has anything to do with the thread but I LIKE a lot of bands:

The Who, The Stones, Led Zepplin, Linkin Park, Green Day, Pink Floyd, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Van Halen, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, ZZ Topp, The Outlaws, The Cars, The Talking Heads, Cream, Eric Clapton, The Pretenders, Alice Cooper, The Doors, The Red Hot Chili Peppers. There's more but that's all I can think of atm.

Like most of them, with the exception of the Chilis and Screaming Skulls... Haven't heard the Outlaws or Bosstones....

What is so over rated about the Beatles? The fact they went from three-minute No 1 hits to more experimental music like Sgt Peppers? That they were one of the first bands to write their own stuff that not only sold but have entered the musical lexicon? That they insprised generations of other musicians.

Sometimes I think people put stuff out there like "the Beatles suck" just to be different or 'cool'....I don't have any of their albums, but will listen to them if they come on the radio (depending on the song). However to say they are 'over rated', history says otherwise.

Not liking a band or its music is not the same as over rated. I don't like Michael Jackson, but he deserves is place in music history....to say otherwise is arguing for the sake of it IMO

:clap2: Excellent post.
The Beatles paved the way for SOOO many different artists to come after them...from all walks of life and preferred genres of music. Like A Perfect Circle, for example... I really like this rendition of Imagine:

[ame=http://youtu.be/APT-05oNfsM]2. Imagine - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Rolling stones. they went disco, so fuckem
The Bee gees. no "man" sings like that
ABBA. if not for the hot chicks up front....
if madanna was ever in a group, I'm sure it sucked
Judas Priest. so many other metal bands sounded so much better. it was all about the look.

Neil Young
Dave Matthews Band
Grateful Dead
Madonna
Celine Dion
Queensryche

Radiohead
The Beatles (very talented, but not the GODS they were portrayed as)
Van Halen after David Lee Roth left
Metallica after ...And Justice for All
Elvis after he got fat
Lou Reed
R.E.M. (some great stuff, just not as great as was portrayed)
The Cure
Ozzie after Randy Rhodes died
Kid Rock
Eminem

The Beatles did some good stuff, and some mediocre stuff. It wasn't until they split that it became obvious that John wrote all the good stuff, and Paul wrote all the sickeningly maudlin stuff. I knew that "Yesterday" was boring when it came out, but I wasn't until Paul had a hit with "Just another silly love song", that I connected the dots. Meantime, John was doing stuff Like "Imagine". There were exceptions, of course. I think that Paul wrote "Hey Jude".

Last edited:
Elvis-Presley.jpg

he was good, don't get me wrong.

But the King?

Please.

The Beatles did some good stuff, and some mediocre stuff. It wasn't until they split that it became obvious that John wrote all the good stuff, and Paul wrote all the sickeningly maudlin stuff. I knew that "Yesterday" was boring when it came out, but I wasn't until Paul had a hit with "Just another silly love song", that I connected the dots. Meantime, John was doing stuff Like "Imagine". There were exceptions, of course. I think that Paul wrote "Hey Jude".

Paul did write Hey, Jude. Silly Love Songs was pretty good...especially considering it was SUPPOSED to be, well...a silly love song!

Forum List

Back