Most Palestinians see fresh peace talks as error

In a strategic sense, Israel had no choice but to strike,
They had a choice. Obey the law.
That's both naïve and stupid in view of the circumstances.

take the initiative and throw Egypt off balance. Honestly, Loinboy, your jew hatin’ attitudes are why your comments are so laughably inept.
Why would I hate jews?

Can you answer that question, you disgusting piece of shit?
That's still not illegal.
Oh my. Aren't you the internet tough guy.

This was just the reality of the political landscape in connection with hostile arab Crusaders hated (and still hate) Israel which was (and still is) viewed as an affront to islam.
It has nothing to do with religion.
It has everything to do with religion.

That's just the bullshit excuse you push to hide the fact that all the hostility has to do with Israeli aggression and illegal acts of colonialism. They hate Israeli bombs, not Judaism.
You live under a rock, right?

In the diseased moslem psyche, only blood will serve; only dead Israelis will sufficiently unite the moslem world to not only vilify Israel but also further incite hatred and violence, even war, against her. And the prepared scripts from morons such as you continue as planned because it serves your agenda of Joooooo hatreds.
All ask you again, why would I hate jews?
Why do you hate Jews?

I find it pretty retarded you making a claim like that, but not being able to say why?
I find the majority of your comments stupendpusly stupid.

What will end this conflict, is to get rid of the hatred in pieces of shit like you. Your hatred is no different than the nazsi hatred of the jews. It's the same hate. And both of you can go fuck yourselves!
Really. The entirety of the hatreds that drive islamist terrorism are my fault?

That makes no sense. But coming from you, expected.

"...What pissed Nassar off? He didn't wake up one day and say to himself, "I hate Israel!" . Find what got him angry and you will find Israeli war planes had something to with it."
Why don't you dazzle all of us with your presentation and analysis of such matters, instead?

"...Egypt could line up their entire army along the border and as long as they stay on their side of the line, it's none of Israel's god-damn business what goes on within the territorial borders of a sovereign nation..."
On May 22, less than two weeks beforehand, Egyptian President Nassar had publicly declared that his near-term goal was the destruction of Israel.

You are essentially saying here that it is OK to (1) declare that you will be going to war with your adversary soon to wipe them out, (2) declare a general military mobilization of your country, (3) deploy two-thirds [2/3] of your Army and Air Force snug-up against your adversary's borders, (4) begin coordinating war-plans with your allies (Syria, Iraq, Jordan) on your adversary's other borders and (5) have the delusional expectation of protection of international law until you had actually launched your attack.

You are absolutely correct, legally speaking.

You may also be an idiot, in terms of the practicalities attending to the affairs of nations and men and armies and warfare, and you would never be a good candidate for promotion to the general staff nor strategy board of any nation's armed forces, nor could you be trusted in any position designed to protect your nation on the strategic or macro level.

Which is a damned shame, because I perceive you to be an intelligent person.

If my choices are...

1. obey international law to the extreme letter, while ignoring public declarations by the enemy and general mobilzations and deployments that are going to overwhelm my people unless some intervention is successfully executed, or...

2. preemptively striking at these massed and forward-deployed ground positions and air forces, to whittle down the enemy and attain air superiority, before they strike in the next couple of days...

...or, put another way, if my choices are...

1. obey international law to the extreme letter...

...or...

2. ensure the survival of my people...

Then I choose the survival of my people every time, and sadly find myself obliged to say to the world at-large: "Fuck International Law, in this instance. Sue me, assholes."

At least my people will still be alive and intact at the end of the sequence.

It was down to just such a visceral choice in the final run-up to the 1967 Six Day War.

The Israelis made the correct choice.

And, as luck or The Fates or God Almighty or Chance or whatever would have it, that also set the stage for the Israelis to kick some major-league Arab ass, and bitch-slap the lot of 'em.

If, as a leader of a government - any government, in any part of the world - if as a leader, you ever chose (1) - your own people would slit your throat, before they surrendered to or died at the hands of the enemy that was swamping them under.

And rightfully so, because you would have been a traitor to your people, for no better reason than because you wanted to obey International Law to the letter, at the expense of their survival; reasonably confident that your actions would produce such a tragic outcome.

In actuality, I think you're intelligent enough and have enough common sense that you would have come-around to the necessity of (1) yourself... it's just that you're obliged to hold otherwise here in these public postings, in pursuit of your pro-Palestinian / pro-Arab propaganda agenda.

On the other hand, if, in the real world, you really and truly would choose (1), then, unfortunately, you may very well be an idiot after all, in terms of functioning with the Real World, in a strategic or tactical military sense, and may be confidently ignored in that context.

It is my hope - for your sake - that, in the Real World, you are not actually crippled thus.
What pissed Nassar off?

He didn't wake up one day and say to himself, "I hate Israel!"

Find what got him angry and you will find Israeli war planes had something to with it.

You really are an idiot. What “pissed off Nassar” was the possibility of losing islamo street cred. He didn’t dare appear weak in terms of his Islamic inspired virulent hatred of Jooooos because that would have allowed the rats to start gnawing at his feet. He had to save face to keep the hellhole of Arabism under control.

You really are an idiot. What “pissed off Nassar” was the possibility of losing islamo street cred. He didn’t dare appear weak in terms of his Islamic inspired virulent hatred of Jooooos because that would have allowed the rats to start gnawing at his feet. He had to save face to keep the hellhole of Arabism under control.
Indeed.

Nassar got suckered into mobilizing and deploying because of bogus intelligence reports fed to him by the Soviets, which wrongly stated that the Israelis were preparing to attack Syria, after a war-of-words between the Israelis and Syrians about letting Palestinian terrorists sneak across the border.

Nassar mobilized, deprived the Israelis of the use of a major commercial waterway, and then deployed into the Sinai in defiance of UN Peacekeepers, some weeks before the war began, and, once deployed, he could not de-mobilize without looking like a Chickenshit to the rest of Islam, so, he kept nudging closer and closer to the Israeli border with various shifts and re-deployments, and coordinated such moves with the Syrians, until the Israelis decided it was time to strike, to end the deployment shell-game and to avert a disaster.

With those bloodthirsty types, once you draw your sword, you can't sheath it again until it's drawn blood... metaphorically speaking... and Nassar's idiocy trapped him and his own country and several others into an ill-advised war, and, as it turned-out, a whole can of Whoop-Ass, courtesy of the IDF.

A major milestone in the long list of modern-day military humiliations of the Arab world, and a long-lasting (40+ years) round of raucous and contemptuous laughter at their military incompetency by much of the rest of the non-Muslim world.

Last edited:
On May 22, less than two weeks beforehand, Egyptian President Nassar had publicly declared that his near-term goal was the destruction of Israel.

You are essentially saying here that it is OK to (1) declare that you will be going to war with your adversary soon to wipe them out, (2) declare a general military mobilization of your country, (3) deploy two-thirds [2/3] of your Army and Air Force snug-up against your adversary's borders, (4) begin coordinating war-plans with your allies (Syria, Iraq, Jordan) on your adversary's other borders and (5) have the delusional expectation of protection of international law until you had actually launched your attack.

You are absolutely correct, legally speaking.

You may also be an idiot, in terms of the practicalities attending to the affairs of nations and men and armies and warfare, and you would never be a good candidate for promotion to the general staff nor strategy board of any nation's armed forces, nor could you be trusted in any position designed to protect your nation on the strategic or macro level.

Which is a damned shame, because I perceive you to be an intelligent person.

If my choices are...

1. obey international law to the extreme letter, while ignoring public declarations by the enemy and general mobilzations and deployments that are going to overwhelm my people unless some intervention is successfully executed, or...

2. preemptively striking at these massed and forward-deployed ground positions and air forces, to whittle down the enemy and attain air superiority, before they strike in the next couple of days...

...or, put another way, if my choices are...

1. obey international law to the extreme letter...

...or...

2. ensure the survival of my people...

Then I choose the survival of my people every time, and sadly find myself obliged to say to the world at-large: "Fuck International Law, in this instance. Sue me, assholes."

At least my people will still be alive and intact at the end of the sequence.

It was down to just such a visceral choice in the final run-up to the 1967 Six Day War.

The Israelis made the correct choice.

And, as luck or The Fates or God Almighty or Chance or whatever would have it, that also set the stage for the Israelis to kick some major-league Arab ass, and bitch-slap the lot of 'em.

If, as a leader of a government - any government, in any part of the world - if as a leader, you ever chose (1) - your own people would slit your throat, before they surrendered to or died at the hands of the enemy that was swamping them under.

And rightfully so, because you would have been a traitor to your people, for no better reason than because you wanted to obey International Law to the letter, at the expense of their survival; reasonably confident that your actions would produce such a tragic outcome.

In actuality, I think you're intelligent enough and have enough common sense that you would have come-around to the necessity of (1) yourself... it's just that you're obliged to hold otherwise here in these public postings, in pursuit of your pro-Palestinian / pro-Arab propaganda agenda.

On the other hand, if, in the real world, you really and truly would choose (1), then, unfortunately, you may very well be an idiot after all, in terms of functioning with the Real World, in a strategic or tactical military sense, and may be confidently ignored in that context.

It is my hope - for your sake - that, in the Real World, you are not actually crippled thus.
What pissed Nassar off?

He didn't wake up one day and say to himself, "I hate Israel!"

Find what got him angry and you will find Israeli war planes had something to with it.

Distorting history, it's what pro - Palestinians do best ! :D

I will agree with you on Nassar. He was a stupid general with a big ego. He made a lot of mistakes and didn't want his people to know about it.

But that's not the whole story. He did have reason to be pissed off at Israel.

During 1965-7, Israel's armed forces staged numerous provocations along the Israeli-Syrian border area. The pattern was of action and reaction. Israeli armoured tractors, often guarded by police, would start to plow in a disputed area of the DMZ. From its high ground positions, Syria would fire at those advancing, and, adopting a new policy, retaliated for Israeli fire at Syrian military positions by firing on civilian settlements in the Hula Valley. Israel would retaliate with raids on Syrian positions, including the use of air power. U.N. officials blamed both Israel and Syria for destabilizing the borders.
Let's just say both sides were provoking each other.

But on the subject of hating Israel, when reading your posts, I ask myself, "How can anyone not hate Israel?" I have come to the conclusion, after seeing you spew hate 24/7, that you are someone who is truly worth hating.

Israels act of aggression against Egypt was a war crime.

Egypts' s alleged acts of provocation were not.

As always, we see Zionists in Palestine choosing the war criminal path to take, just like the Nazis they emulate.

I will agree with you on Nassar. He was a stupid general with a big ego. He made a lot of mistakes and didn't want his people to know about it.

During 1965-7, Israel's armed forces staged numerous provocations along the Israeli-Syrian border area. The pattern was of action and reaction. Israeli armoured tractors, often guarded by police, would start to plow in a disputed area of the DMZ. From its high ground positions, Syria would fire at those advancing, and, adopting a new policy, retaliated for Israeli fire at Syrian military positions by firing on civilian settlements in the Hula Valley. Israel would retaliate with raids on Syrian positions, including the use of air power. U.N. officials blamed both Israel and Syria for destabilizing the borders.

But on the subject of hating Israel, when reading your posts, I ask myself, "How can anyone not hate Israel?" I have come to the conclusion, after seeing you spew hate 24/7, that you are someone who is truly worth hating.

I see that you have modified and corrected your one-sided position of entitlement maintaining the Arabs/moslems as non aggressors when of course, they were.

You just hate being corrected.

Israels act of aggression against Egypt was a war crime.

Egypts' s alleged acts of provocation were not.

As always, we see Zionists in Palestine choosing the war criminal path to take, just like the Nazis they emulate.

You have already been shown that your comments are false and without merit.

Even by your standards of posting false and just plain ignorant comments, that was among your most insulting efforts - insulting to thinking humans who you have divorced yourself from.

Being at the top of the insulting / ignorant list, well, an achievement of some merit, I suppose.

The Origin of the Palestine-Israel Conflict

By*Jews for Justice in the Middle East

Published in Berkeley, CA, 2001

Some uncomfortable facts for Zionists to confront.

And name calling and personal insults change none of these facts.

"Under the UN Charter there can lawfully be no territorial gains from war, even by a state acting in self-defense. The response of other states to Israel’s occupation shows a virtually unanimous opinion that even if Israel’s action was defensive, its retention of the West Bank and Gaza Strip was not...The [UN] General Assembly characterized Israel’s occupation of the West Bank and Gaza as a denial of self determination and hence a ‘serious and increasing threat to international peace and security.’ “*John Quigley, “Palestine and Israel: A Challenge to Justice.”

More uncomfortable facts for Zionists to confront.

And name calling and personal insults change none of these facts, either.

The 1967 war was started by Israel and was not defensive.

"Jews for Justice has made this excellent resource available to people around the world..."

"The former Commander of the Air Force, General Ezer Weitzman, regarded as a hawk, stated that there was ‘no threat of destruction’ but that the attack on Egypt, Jordan and Syria was nevertheless justified so that Israel could ‘exist according the scale, spirit, and quality she now embodies.’...Menahem Begin had the following remarks to make: ‘In June 1967, we again had a choice. The Egyptian Army concentrations in the Sinai approaches do not prove that Nasser was really about to attack us. We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him.’“*Noam Chomsky, “The Fateful Triangle.”"

Last edited:

I see that you have modified and corrected your one-sided position of entitlement maintaining the Arabs/moslems as non aggressors when of course, they were.

Yeah, I will give Brillo-Boy credit for an occasional flash-burst of honesty.

He is not yet quite so far 'gone' as two or three of his same-side colleagues that come to mind.

That's both naïve and stupid in view of the circumstances.
No it's not. That's what the law is for. It's set up to settle disputes peacefully. Because no one wants a repeat of WWII. Except you guys.

Oh my. Aren't you the internet tough guy.
Oh, shut-up!

It has everything to do with religion.
It has nothing to do with religion.

It has everything to do with real estate.

You live under a rock, right?
No, they do, after you bombed their building into rubble.

Why do you hate Jews?
Why do you say things for no reason?

I find the majority of your comments stupendpusly stupid.
Because that's the level of understanding your grey matter will take you.

Anything above stupid, you start having major comprehension issues.

Really. The entirety of the hatreds that drive islamist terrorism are my fault?
See what I mean? I never said entirety. Your hatred, drives their hatred. The difference being, your hatred is a matter of choice. Their hatred is a matter of survival.

That makes no sense. But coming from you, expected.
It seems there isn't a single post of mine you intend to comment on, without tweaking what I said in order to fit your response. Like slipping in that "entirety" comment, when I never said such a thing.

There you go again, trying to tweak what I said. I never said the arabs were "non-aggressors". But I do understand why you felt the need to slip it in there, so your response would have a little more punch to it.

And my position isn't one-sided. The door swings both ways in my world.

I don't hate being corrected. And I wouldn't be patting yourself on the back just yet, because you didn't correct me. I didn't disagree with your comments on Nassar, I stated there was more to it than that. Afterwards, I did a little more research to find out for myself and found your comments on him to be accurate.

I have no problem being corrected or admitting when I'm wrong. You, on the other hand, cannot look at any issue, without first turning on your "Hater-vision". You've hated so much, for so long, if you ever stopped hating, you'd get lonely.

More uncomfortable facts for Zionists to confront.

And name calling and personal insults change none of these facts, either.

The 1967 war was started by Israel and was not defensive.

"Jews for Justice has made this excellent resource available to people around the world..."

"The former Commander of the Air Force, General Ezer Weitzman, regarded as a hawk, stated that there was ‘no threat of destruction’ but that the attack on Egypt, Jordan and Syria was nevertheless justified so that Israel could ‘exist according the scale, spirit, and quality she now embodies.’...Menahem Begin had the following remarks to make: ‘In June 1967, we again had a choice. The Egyptian Army concentrations in the Sinai approaches do not prove that Nasser was really about to attack us. We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him.’“*Noam Chomsky, “The Fateful Triangle.”"
People who participated in such a preemptive attack, militarily or politically or as informed close-in observers, or political opponents of the party directing the war, sometimes rethink their positions, years after the event, with the luxury of time and distance and in the midst of the very safety which they or their political adversaries helped to create.

That does not render their pronouncements (as carried on pro-Palestinian / anti-Israeli websites ) to be accurate or in-context, in whole or even in part; especially when pronouncements such as the Begin statement were actually being used to conjure-up a Precedent for another preemptive strike against Lebanon in 1980; some 13 years later; spinning the idea to the Knesset as 'See, we have launched a preemptive strike in the past'; using the idea of a prior preemption as the precedent-basis for executing another.

For every latter-day revisionist statement you can find which pompously declares that Israel was not justified in preemptively striking at the Arab forces massing along its borders and for striking at the air-assets rearward-deployed in support of those forward deployments...

There are scores of citations that can be found, on the part of non-stakeholder country-citizens and journalists no less, and many of them even contemporary, which will say otherwise.

One such excerpt may be found in the June 5, 1967 BBC World News article on the opening day of the Six Day War...

========================================

Israel launches attack on Egypt

June 5, 1967 - BBC World News

Israeli forces have launched a pre-emptive attack on Egypt and destroyed nearly 400 Egypt-based military aircraft.

Fighting broke out on the Israel-Egypt border but then quickly spread to involve other neighbouring Arab states with ground and air troops becoming embroiled in battle.

Israeli Prime Minister Levi Eshkol said in a statement that the Egyptian Air Force had taken a great beating and Jordanian and Syrian air forces had been largely destroyed.

The attack follows a build-up of Arab military forces along the Israeli border.

The Arab states had been preparing to go to war against Israel with Egypt, Jordan and Syria being aided by Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and Algeria.

On 27 May the President of Egypt, Abdel Nasser, declared: "Our basic objective will be the destruction of Israel. The Arab people want to fight."

Egypt signed a pact with Jordan at the end of May declaring an attack on one was an attack on both. This was seen by Israel as a clear sign of preparation for all-out war.

Israel took decisive action today claiming the element of surprise was the only way it could stand any chance of defending itself against the increasing threat from neighbouring states.

So far the US state department has announced, "Our position is neutral in thought, word and deed." This follows its recent stance declaring Israel would not be alone unless it decided to go it alone.

The path for war was cleared on 16 May when President Nasser ordered the withdrawal of the United Nations Emergency Forces from the Egyptian-Israeli border.

BBC ON THIS DAY | 5 | 1967: Israel launches attack on Egypt

------------------------------

...or a related article in the highly respected and credible Encyclopedia Brittanica:

------------------------------

Six Day War

Six-Day War, also called June War or Third Arab-Israeli War, brief war that took place June 5–10, 1967, and was the third of the Arab-Israeli wars. Israel’s decisive victory included the capture of the Sinai Peninsula, Gaza Strip, West Bank, Old City of Jerusalem, and the Golan Heights; the status of these territories subsequently became a major point of contention in the Arab-Israeli conflict.

Prior to the start of the war, attacks conducted against Israel by fledgling Palestinian guerrilla groups based in Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan had increased, leading to costly Israeli reprisals. In November 1966 an Israeli strike on the village of Al-Samūʿ in the Jordanian West Bank left 18 dead and 54 wounded, and, during an air battle with Syria in April 1967, the Israeli Air Force shot down six Syrian MiG fighter jets. In addition, Soviet intelligence reports in May indicated that Israel was planning a punitive military campaign against Syria, and, although inaccurate, the information further heightened tensions between Israel and its Arab neighbours.

Egyptian president Gamal Abdel Nasser had previously come under sharp criticism for his failure to aid Syria and Jordan against Israel; he had also been accused of hiding behind the United Nations Emergency Force (UNEF) stationed at Egypt’s border with Israel in the Sinai. Now, however, he moved to unambiguously demonstrate support for Syria: on May 14, 1967, Nasser mobilized Egyptian forces in the Sinai; on May 18 he formally requested the removal of the UNEF stationed there; and on May 22 he closed the Gulf of Aqaba to Israeli shipping, thus instituting an effective blockade of the port city of Elat in southern Israel. On May 30, King Ḥussein of Jordan arrived in Cairo to sign a mutual defense pact with Egypt, placing Jordanian forces under Egyptian command; shortly thereafter, Iraq too joined the alliance.

In response to the apparent mobilization of its Arab neighbours, early on the morning of June 5, Israel staged a sudden preemptive air assault and destroyed Egypt’s air force on the ground; later that day, it incapacitated a great deal of the Jordanian and Syrian air power as well. Without cover from the air, the Arab armies were left vulnerable to attack, and, as a result, the Israeli victory on the ground was also overwhelming...

Six-Day War (Middle East [1967]) -- Encyclopedia Britannica

========================================

And on and on and on...

Hindsight and armchair quarterbacking are marvelous luxuries.

Such luxurious reflections also oftentimes result in Revisionist Thinking that have very little to do with conditions as they existed and as they were perceived at the time they occured; which is why Revisionism is so dangerous to the Truth and so closely scrutinized and so frequently criticized and rejected, regardless of the subject matter at hand.

Most contemporary and non-stakeholder and neutral third-party assessments and logic and common sense tell us that the Arabs were very close to striking at Israel from multiple directions and with the armed forces of several neighboring Muslim-Arab countries; having already committed an act of war by closing an international waterway to the Israelis and imposing a blockade on one of Israel's major ports, and having repudiated the Armistice of 1949 by ejecting the UN Peacekeeping force from the Sinai.

The pronouncements and declared intentions of Muslim-Arab leadership at the time are all that is needed to gauge the intentions of the Arabs, when taken together with the large-scale massing of troops and war-assets along the borders of Israel and Egypt's act of war in blockading an Israeli port and Egypt's repudiation of the 1949 Armistice.

The only pertinent questions here are...

1. would a reasonable person on-the-scene in 1967 construe that the Arabs were about to attack, given the massed troop concentrations and declared intentions and recent alliances of Arab leadership?

2. would a reasonable person on-the-scene in 1967 perceive that the Arabs would probably win any war in which they were allowed to attack first without crippling their air-assets first?

If the answer to (1) = 'Yes' and if the answer to (2) = 'Yes', then, that begs the third question...

3. did the Israeli leadership of the time act in good faith in connection with (1) and (2)?

If the answer to (3) = 'Yes', then, we're done here; the Israeli leadership had all the justification that any sane, rational leadership would ever need, to defend their decision.

All the latter-day Revisionist Thinking in the world and all the self-serving delusional pro-Palestinian progandizing in the world notwithstanding; meaning exactly diddly-squat in the ledgers of History and Truth.

Last edited:
Nothing changes the fact that preemptive strikes/attacks are not lawful under international law.

It does not matter how badly warmongers keep striving to explain or justify the unlawful attacks, the attacks by Israel on Egypt in 1967 that started the 6 day war remain unlawful attack under international law.

Warmongers will be warmongers and war criminals too!

Last edited:
More Facts about the 1967 war.

Egypt never intended to attack Israel offensively.

"Was the 1967 war defensive? — continued

“I do not think Nasser wanted war. The two divisions he sent to The Sinai would not have been sufficient to launch an offensive war. He knew it and we knew it.”*Yitzhak Rabin, Israel’s Chief of Staff in 1967, in Le Monde, 2/28/68"

Nothing changes the fact that preemptive strikes/attacks are not lawful under international law. It does not matter how badly warmongers keep striving to explain or justify the unlawful attacks, the attacks by Israel on Egypt in 1967 that started the 6 day war remain unlawful attack under international law. Warmongers will be warmongers!
Probability is extremely high that had the Israelis not preemptively attacked and neutralized or pruned-back Arab air-assets on June 5, 1967, Israel would have fallen in June 1967, and not exist today.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back