🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Most people paying Obama tax instead of signing up

more from the article above:

I call it: OscamCare

SNIP:
In addition (and just as the CBO originally projected), the bulk of Obamacare’s net coverage gains are coming from dumping people into Medicaid (59 percent of the current projected net increase in 2015), not from getting people enrolled in private insurance (41 percent). Of course, President Obama rarely if ever talks about that aspect of Obamacare — but Republicans should.

In light of all this, it’s time for a winning conservative alternative to Obamacare that would pave the way to full repeal, offer a flat (age-based) refundable tax credit that would get people off of Medicaid and onto private insurance (letting them shop for value in the process), and give a tax cut to millions of Main Street Americans who buy health insurance on their own. Such everyday Americans generally receive nothing under Obamacare, have gotten the short end of the tax stick for decades, and deserve to get a tax break for buying individual-market insurance that’s roughly akin to the tax break for having employer-based insurance.

With such a tax-credit-based alternative in play, repeal can become a reality.

CBO Obamacare to Hit Only 65 Percent of 2015 Coverage Target The Weekly Standard

Yeah, you guys should run on repealing health insurance for low-income voters....sounds like a winner.

Sadly is it came from Obama..... Care4all and a few others on here are all for it, no matter the people HATE it and it was shoved down our throats against the will of the people or their Representation in congress. Not one Republican voted for this POS OscamCare

I agree, unfortunately though it is indeed here to stay.

No matter how the SC rules the ACA is here for good.....now it is going to "evolve" into a Single Payer program.....but it will always be with us.

It will not be pretty.

Sadly is it came from Obama..... Care4all and a few others on here are all for it, no matter the people HATE it and it was shoved down our throats against the will of the people or their Representation in congress. Not one Republican voted for this POS OscamCare

so they always resort to trying to insult someone by throwing out Fox news. It's silly and childish

Want some cheese with your whine?

When you say 'most people', are you counting the 11 million who signed up this year?

btw, so what? If people don't want the tax break, they don't have to take it.

How about if the people didn't want to pay the higher insurance rates due to Obamacare?

What about those folks?

-Geaux

Who are they? Who has to pay more for the same coverage they had?

They are paying more for coverage they don't need

-Geaux

How does one know what coverage they need, until they need it? Some are obvious, major medical ain't.

Hey Wry, I grew up in Fremont.

And now you live in Omaha? I remember driving through Omaha, we had driven lots of miles, from Western Wyoming to the Iowa St. line and one of the most memorable bits of scenery was approaching Omaha and seeing high rise office building in the distance. Everything was flat until those buildings appeared. Not like the rolling hills, Mt. Hamilton and Diablo in your old neighborhood.

How about if the people didn't want to pay the higher insurance rates due to Obamacare?

What about those folks?

-Geaux

-Geaux

How does one know what coverage they need, until they need it? Some are obvious, major medical ain't.

And now you live in Omaha? I remember driving through Omaha, we had driven lots of miles, from Western Wyoming to the Iowa St. line and one of the most memorable bits of scenery was approaching Omaha and seeing high rise office building in the distance. Everything was flat until those buildings appeared. Not like the rolling hills, Mt. Hamilton and Diablo in your old neighborhood.

The hardest thing about moving here was the first 6 months of not having the hill's as my point of reference, virtually no landmarks it was disconcerting :)

so they always resort to trying to insult someone by throwing out Fox news. It's silly and childish

Want some cheese with your whine?

Nice dry Cab please.

When did Congress require unanimous votes to pass legislation?

Obama mandated it, let obama pay for it

Boy, would I love to apply THAT simplistic "rule" to Bush and Cheney and the Iraq war.......

Bush didn't "mandate" the Iraqi war, the Congress "mandated" it with their " Resolution To authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against Iraq".
You DO remember the US Congress don't you???? ....., the body that USED to make the laws .................. BEFORE obama became the President, ........????????!!!!!!!! Err, make that "became the KING".

It was an authorization not a mandate, in the sense of being a requirement.

In light of all this, it’s time for a winning conservative alternative to Obamacare that would pave the way to full repeal, offer a flat (age-based) refundable tax credit that would get people off of Medicaid and onto private insurance (letting them shop for value in the process),

lolol. Yes, pour billions of money at the private insurance business and count on them to provide 'value'.

In light of all this, it’s time for a winning conservative alternative to Obamacare that would pave the way to full repeal, offer a flat (age-based) refundable tax credit that would get people off of Medicaid and onto private insurance (letting them shop for value in the process),

lolol. Yes, pour billions of money at the private insurance business and count on them to provide 'value'.

Priceless irony....can anyone say "subsidies"?

Priceless irony....can anyone say "subsidies"?

Off the taxpayers backs.

WHAT the hell does it say when people are choosing to PAY a fine instead of signing up for this pos scam with Obama's name attached to it

and how NICE of Obama to IMPOSE a fine on the people he represents. where do they get this authority. And how many people just sits back and says. Ok our federal government can now fine us if we don't bow to their commands.

this is treading toward tyranny and Fascism

Last edited:

-Geaux

The hardest thing about moving here was the first 6 months of not having the hill's as my point of reference, virtually no landmarks it was disconcerting :)

I was born and raise in SF, four blocks from the Ocean, with Golden Gate Park six blocks north and the Zoo eight blocks to the South. My points of reference, and what I miss most is the roar of the ocean at night, and the roars of the lions at night. jI now live in the East Bay, one county north of where you grew up.

Obamacare is a joke. Americans were duped big-time

-Geaux

I said it before, with the high cost of the plan and insane deductible for most people its like not having insurance they are going to pay out of pocket plus play for a plan which is just stupid.

Obamacare IS wealth re-distribution that's what everyone needs to remember, it was never about making healthcare affordable.

-Geaux

I said it before, with the high cost of the plan and insane deductible for most people its like not having insurance they are going to pay out of pocket plus play for a plan which is just stupid.

Obamacare IS wealth re-distribution that's what everyone needs to remember, it was never about making healthcare affordable.

THAT IS ALL IT IS. and yes people were duped just like they were into voting for the puke

A lot of those 13million ended up in Ocare against their will so dont presume to speak for all of them

Who is forced into Obamacare?

Law abiders

No. You are not breaking the law if you choose to pay the tax instead of getting health insurance.

Thanks for making my point...

Again law abiders

-Geaux

Idiot. If you pay the tax you can go without insurance, which means you're not forced into Obamacare.

-Geaux

THAT IS ALL IT IS. and yes people were duped just like they were into voting for the puke

Well he repeatedly looked America in the eye and lied through his teeth about Obamacare, blatant lies, and some fell for it. He and the Democrats got bitch slapped in 2014 after these lies became apparent. I still remember Democrats in congress freaking out knowing they were going to get clobbered in the election and demanded Obama go on national TV and take responsibility for the lies, which he did.

Lie lie lie = Democrats

Forum List

Back