Mother has juvenile son arrested for stealing her Pop-Tarts

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A Charlotte woman had her son arrested for stealing her Pop-Tarts earlier this week.

The scene of the alleged crime is the woman's home on Goldstaff Lane.

According to a Charlotte-Mecklenburg police report, the mother called investigators on Monday to report her Pop-Tarts had been stolen.

She fingered her own son, who is a juvenile, as the culprit...

The report said that the boy was placed under juvenile arrest and was charged with larceny/misdemeanor.

Mother has son arrested for stealing her Pop-Tarts | WCNC.com Charlotte

Mom has son arrested for stealing her Pop-Tarts | Weird News | NewsObserver.com

I don't know which is worse, the mother calling the cops on her child or the police who actually arrested the boy. WTF???

Makes me wonder if there is more to her story. I know she isn't wanting to talk, but since the police actually took it seriously, maybe there is much more here and this was the final straw? Could be her way of trying to stop his delving into the wrong crowd, or whatever. At least that is my theory to save face for her and the police. :tongue:

If he has stolen other things, things that have more value to them especially, I guess that I can't blame her, but if stealing them tarts is the only thing that he has ever done wrong, that lady is nuts! There is no way that such a case would ever stick!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Sounds like a last ditch effort to deal with a chronic thief.

A chronic thief who eats his mothers pop-tarts in their own home? Okay, I've said to my kids no you can't eat that, but they have anyway, I would never call the police on them for something so ridiculous.

If he has stolen other things, things that have more value to them especially, I guess that I can't blame her, but if stealing them tarts is the only thing that he has ever done wrong, that lady is nuts! There is no way that such a case would ever stick!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I don't get how a kid can steal food out of their own home.

CaféAuLait;7280971 said:

Pretty much. Like you said in the OP, it's tough to judge which is worse, calling the cops for this or the fact that they actually arrested him. She's duty bound to provide him with food, shelter and clothing.

If she can't afford to buy more pop-tarts, then perhaps protective services, and not the police, should have been the ones to handle this case.

CaféAuLait;7280971 said:

Pretty much. Like you said in the OP, it's tough to judge which is worse, calling the cops for this or the fact that they actually arrested him. She's duty bound to provide him with food, shelter and clothing.

If she can't afford to buy more pop-tarts, then perhaps protective services, and not the police, should have been the ones to handle this case.

I totally agree, excellent post!

CaféAuLait;7278759 said:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A Charlotte woman had her son arrested for stealing her Pop-Tarts earlier this week.

According to a Charlotte-Mecklenburg police report, the mother called investigators on Monday to report her Pop-Tarts had been stolen.

The report said that the boy was placed under juvenile arrest and was charged with larceny/misdemeanor.

I don't know which is worse, the mother calling the cops on her child or the police who actually arrested the boy. WTF???

Makes me wonder if there is more to her story. I know she isn't wanting to talk, but since the police actually took it seriously, maybe there is much more here and this was the final straw? Could be her way of trying to stop his delving into the wrong crowd, or whatever. At least that is my theory to save face for her and the police.

Yes, there is more to this story if the police took it seriously. She is probably trying to teach him a serious lesson. Probably he's been in trouble before, maybe for stealing, and whatever punishment he has received, it hasn't sunk in, so she is going a step farther. It's called tough love and it can be very effective.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;7278759 said:

Makes me wonder if there is more to her story. I know she isn't wanting to talk, but since the police actually took it seriously, maybe there is much more here and this was the final straw? Could be her way of trying to stop his delving into the wrong crowd, or whatever. At least that is my theory to save face for her and the police.

Yes, there is more to this story if the police took it seriously. She is probably trying to teach him a serious lesson. Probably he's been in trouble before, maybe for stealing, and whatever punishment he has received, it hasn't sunk in, so she is going a step farther. It's called tough love and it can be very effective.

Yup, I agree there is nothing says tough love like calling the cops on your son for eating pop tarts without permission.

http://http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/381850/71/Mom-has-son-arrested-for-eating-Pop-Tarts-without-permission-

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;7281050 said:
CaféAuLait;7278759 said:

Yup, I agree there is nothing says tough love like calling the cops on your son for eating pop tarts you were told not to touch.

We don't know the whole story sweetie. You need to chill and stop judging people based on tabloid type media reports. You need to learn to recognize a tabloid type media report. You need to develop some critical thinking skills, some circumspection. You watch a lot of soap operas and reality TV don't you?

Last edited:
Good. Nice to see a parent send their little bastardss to jail. They should arrest her to for abuse for feeding that processed shit to children.

My first thought was this woman is stuck between a rock and hard place. She cannot control her kid and she can't get help with him...so she does what she thinks will help her kid..and herself, before something really bad happens between the two of them.

CaféAuLait;7281050 said:

Yup, I agree there is nothing says tough love like calling the cops on your son for eating pop tarts you were told not to touch.

We don't know the whole story sweetie. You need to chill and stop judging people based on tabloid type media reports. You need to learn to recognize a tabloid type media report. You need to develop some critical thinking skills, some circumspection. You watch a lot of soap operas and reality TV don't you?

LOL

How many times above did you try to tell me what I need to do? " you need to..." How many assumptions did you make above about me at the same time judging me. Perhaps you need to take a bit of your own advice. Oh and next time rethink the condescending nature of your post. The superiority you tried to project, fell flat, just about as flat as the pop tart the poor kid was arrested for eating. ;)

My first thought was this woman is stuck between a rock and hard place. She cannot control her kid and she can't get help with him...so she does what she thinks will help her kid..and herself, before something really bad happens between the two of them.

I thought the same, she lost control, or the poor kid did, or the environment was toxic as you stated. However IMO the police should not have arrested the boy but called social workers to see what the real issue was.

This kids view of the police is going to be completely tarnished. I feel they should not have been put in the situation and other experts obviously need to address the situation.

This made me laugh out loud,

The 37-year-old mother's neighbor, Fred Patrick, reportedly "could not stop laughing" when he heard the news. "He seems real nice to me," Patrick said of the boy. "I mean, he is real respectful." Imagine the shock of discovering that your sweet, all-American boy next door is secretly a Pop-Tart thief. The horror! One day you're having him mow your lawn, the next day reporters are asking you if you saw it coming. What a world we live in, huh?

The boy's mother, who was undoubtedly in no emotional state to speak to the public after having to report her own child for the heinous crime he committed, was said to emerge briefly from her house to scream obscenities at reporters, then turned around and slammed the door. There's an immense amount of guilt and shame that goes along with coming to the realization that you have not only birthed, but raised, a total monster. For now, the boy has been charged with a larceny/misdemeanor.

Was it worth it? If it was one of those red velvet Pop-Tarts, I'd say yes — when those babies are chilled in the freezer for a few hours, I'd risk imprisonment to eat one too.

Mom Has Traitor Son Arrested for 'Stealing' Her Coveted Pop-Tarts

CaféAuLait;7281099 said:

I notice they left off the description of the incident. Why didn't they make a copy of the entire report?

There are lot's of unanswered questions. We don't know what happened, other than what the news has reported so far. I don't like to jump to conclusions, until all the facts are known. The facts I have right now, analysing it, tells me the police took it seriously. Why? I don't know.

If indeed there isn't a reason to have taken it seriously? Then, yes, this was wrong on many levels.

But until we have all the facts before us, this is the one that jumps out at me at this point.
The mother took it seriously enough to call the police and the police seemed to take it seriously enough to actually arrest him.

HAs any report made note of the age of this juvenile? Remember you are still a juvenile up to age 18.

Forum List

Back