Mother of school shooter found guilty.

The issue is if the parent has a gun in the house then it is their responsibility to secure that gun. There are many ways to do this.

I fell sorry for the mother but I would need to know if she purchased the gun or did the father

If the father purchased the gun , then she should not have been on trial. Only the father assuming he is the one who purchased the gun and ultimately responsible for securing it.

Was she a bad parent, I don't know but this is is an extreme punishment and do both parents need to be punished?

This is an issue of purchasing a gun in a home with other people and not securing it.

How much does a trigger lock cost?

everybody talks about gun safety but is it just lip service?

Something like this won't happen to me is delusional thinking and makes one forget about gun safety when its stored.

Is there a law concerning the storage of the gun? If not then how could you possibly be held criminally responsible for not properly storing it? What's a properly stored gun? If there's no law then is the standard just arbitrary? Depends on the situation?: Depends on how the jury is feeling that day? Depends on which judge you get?

Is there a law concerning the storage of the gun? If not then how could you possibly be held criminally responsible for not properly storing it? What's a properly stored gun? If there's no law then is the standard just arbitrary? Depends on the situation?: Depends on how the jury is feeling that day? Depends on which judge you get?
Depends on what state your in

For example

California gun laws further require owners to make sure that a gun is stored unloaded and in a place not accessible by children and adults prohibited from possessing a gun.

According to the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, as of September 2021, 11 states and the District of Columbia have laws regarding the safe storage of firearms.

There are no federal laws and it is left up to the state

So my guess is this happen in one of the state that have safe storage of firearms laws

Last edited:
Absolute BS So now if you buy your son or daughter a car and they have a accident accident and kill someone you are responsible because you bought them the car. This is just another governmental overreach to make people think twice about buying guns
panic-oh-noes.gif

Depends on what state your in

For example

California gun laws further require owners to make sure that a gun is stored unloaded and in a place not accessible by children and adults prohibited from possessing a gun.

According to the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, as of September 2021, 11 states and the District of Columbia have laws regarding the safe storage of firearms.

There are no federal laws and it is left up to the state

So my guess is this happen in one of the state that have safe storage of firearms laws

In other words the 2nd Amendment is only for people who have enough money.. Nice. This feels like a law that would disproportionately affect people of color. It's clearly racist.

There are more missing white fathers than black.

Why don't you deal with that before you start tossing around this racist bullshit.
Sure in total but not by percentage.

75% of white kids live in a 2 parent home where only 42% of black kids do. It's a problem for everyone but it disproportionately affects POC's which I would think you'd be upset about.

Edit: corrected the percentages.

She was not found guilty of her child's crimes, she was found guilty of her own.

Wrong. She was convicted of involuntary manslaughter. The definition is:

Involuntary manslaughter is the killing of a human being without intent of doing so, either expressed or implied

She didn't kill anyone, her son did. How the FUCK can she be found guilty of this?

Tell that to all the "Single Mothers" in the hood with 7 Children roaming the streets in gangs. And whichever father they can locate? Or thats' different?
They would never do this to a baby mama, who loses interest in her son the minute they are old enough to talk back and either has no man in his life, or a string of them.

Wrong. She was convicted of involuntary manslaughter. The definition is:

Involuntary manslaughter is the killing of a human being without intent of doing so, either expressed or implied

She didn't kill anyone, her son did. How the FUCK can she be found guilty of this?
Exactly.

Her son was convicted of first degree murder.

Her part in it was providing the weapon.

Forum List

Back