Mother On the Lam For Right to Let Son Die

It doesn't say why the kid can't read.

He may have been diagnosed at a late stage, he may have brain damage, he may be a poor bet for chemo. The assumption that he can't read because everyone involved is retarded is not a logical assumption.

Care, I agree with you, as usual. I heard that about the father as well, that he now wants the boy treated, but I haven't had time yet to look into it further. Also, If I recall correctly from the original story, there was also an issue of the family maybe having a financial interest in the holistic services industry?

Which means what...that they're going to make money off themselves???

I don't know, it just occurred to me that I remember reading that. As if they were willing to risk their sons condition for a reason other than what they truly believed was in his best interest for a chance they might get lucky and prove their treatment more valuable?

Why would they risk it if they "knew" it wasn't in his best interests? How would his death be good publicity for their business?

This is all left field conjecture anyway.

He may have been diagnosed at a late stage, he may have brain damage, he may be a poor bet for chemo. The assumption that he can't read because everyone involved is retarded is not a logical assumption.

ya, and more likely, he may also be the product of a batshit crazy cult that spurns material world things like the alphabet. Regardless, his lack of development are telling.

I know he cries when people don't use the gifts he gives them.

I should have known I wouldn't get a straight forward answer.

The questions I posed were simple questions. But obviously not simple enough for your limited intelligence.

After reading your response it's clear that you do not stand for anything and your knowledge of Jesus and his teachings are slim to none. I think the latter is more exact.

Jesus probably would have told the kid/parents to use the best medicines of the day...as he did with Lazerus...

Again..you don't know the whole story. They may have a good reason for not using chemo...and since it hasn't yet been determined from what I can see, all this is just ridiculous blabbing of the most insubstantial sort.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if the judge determines chemo is not necessarily the best option for this kid and the mother was right.

THERE IS NOTHING in roman catholicism that prevents anyone from receiving medical care, so how can this be religious beliefs???????? the article said the parents were catholics???????????????

ya, and more likely, he may also be the product of a batshit crazy cult that spurns material world things like the alphabet. Regardless, his lack of development are telling.

Telling of possible physical issues you know nothing about.

I've worked with diminished capacity people, and they don't just "become" that way because their parents are ignorant. Diminished capacity often goes hand in hand with many physical issues...seizures, organ issues, skin issues, the whole enchilada. Which is why when they referred to his inability to read big red flags started going up all over the place for me. A kid with Hodgkins who also cannot read has got medical problems likely well beyond the Hodgkins itself.

Jeesh...the cult has been around since 1990. And you laugh at Scientologists.

"While he is 13 years of age, Daniel is unable to read. He does not know what the term 'elder' means, although he claims to be one. He knows he is a medicine man under Nemenhah teachings, but is unable to identify how he became a medicine man or what teachings he has had to master to become one. He believes in the principle of 'do no harm' and attributes his belief to Nemenhah teachings."
God in Government: Religious Faith and a Sick Boy - On Faith at washingtonpost.com

Maybe "learning disability" does mean mental retardation in this kid's case.

Pretty sad.

huh? the original article said the parents were Roman Catholics?
They are both, according to another article I read. They don't feel the two sets of beliefs are in conflict.

First Ravi said let him decide because if he can't read at 13 the parents are retarded. Then she said if he didn't choose treatment HE was retarded.

Then she denied it.

Now she's back to saying he's retarded.

????
I didn't say if he didn't choose treatment he was retarded. Reading this new bit of information about him does make me wonder if he is, though.

The questions I posed were simple questions. But obviously not simple enough for your limited intelligence.

After reading your response it's clear that you do not stand for anything and your knowledge of Jesus and his teachings are slim to none. I think the latter is more exact.

Jesus probably would have told the kid/parents to use the best medicines of the day...as he did with Lazerus...

Again..you don't know the whole story. They may have a good reason for not using chemo...and since it hasn't yet been determined from what I can see, all this is just ridiculous blabbing of the most insubstantial sort.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if the judge determines chemo is not necessarily the best option for this kid and the mother was right.

it's too late allie....he's dying....it is probably too late for the chemo now....he's gotten, much worse since he was diagnosed and now on the run....time was of the essence for his best chances of survival....did you read what holistic measures his mother was taking that i posted? what a sad joke..........

if he is too sick by the time the judge rehears this, the judge will not recommend the chemo....that's what the judge said.

all we can do now is pray for a miracle....sad, real sad.

You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

What do you stand for Ravi?

And what do you really know about Jesus?

Nice to me you, Mr. Sanctimonious. I think you're an asshole but I'd never be rude enough to say it aloud.

I've worked with diminished capacity people, and they don't just "become" that way because their parents are ignorant. Diminished capacity often goes hand in hand with many physical issues...seizures, organ issues, skin issues, the whole enchilada. Which is why when they referred to his inability to read big red flags started going up all over the place for me. A kid with Hodgkins who also cannot read has got medical problems likely well beyond the Hodgkins itself.

You assume as much because you don't want to diminish the reputation of faith based decisions. It's not as if the flock doesn't have a reputation for spurning science and education. ESPECIALLY when the core of this issue is the refusal of standard medical treatment.

it's too late allie....he's dying....it is probably too late for the chemo now....he's gotten, much worse since he was diagnosed and now on the run....time was of the essence for his best chances of survival....did you read what holistic measures his mother was taking that i posted? what a sad joke..........

if he is too sick by the time the judge rehears this, the judge will not recommend the chemo....that's what the judge said.

all we can do now is pray for a miracle....sad, real sad.

He was dying when they refused the treatment....which is undoubtedly why they refused it. You can't tell me he's gone from salvagable to as good as dead in one day.

You assume as much because you don't want to diminish the reputation of faith based decisions. It's not as if the flock doesn't have a reputation for spurning science and education. ESPECIALLY when the core of this issue is the refusal of standard medical treatment.

No, actually at the base of my disgust with yahoos who jump on the bandwagon making the worst assumptions about parents is their lack of understanding of the issue, and their lack of information before they jump to the assumption that the parents are stupid and the child should be FORCED to have treatment.

I will bet you a million fake internet dollars that there are other issues here. Either he has other physical conditions which make chemo a problem, or he is too far gone for it to do any good, and was too far gone at prognosis.

My kid's dying..I'm not going to force him into a hospital for chemo. Parents make this choice ALL THE TIME. Kids who have been sick for a time, at some point, they decide to just stay home and opt out of the treatment.

But you let somebody dare to say "It's in God's hands" and you get a club-totin mob after them.

Jesus let Lazarus die, then raised him from the dead, so I don' know what scripture you're talking about when you say that Jesus would probably tell the parents to seek the best medicines as He did with Lazarus. So please specify chapter and verse of the event with Lazarus.

Seriously when Jesus heard of Lazarus being sick, He stated "This sickness has come about so that God and his Son will be glorified." then He waited two days before visiting.

annointing with oil was NOT considdered medicine

Nice to me you, Mr. Sanctimonious. I think you're an asshole but I'd never be rude enough to say it aloud.

Yes you would and are THAT rude. I didn't call you an asshole, but it's obvious to everyone now.

Jeesh...the cult has been around since 1990. And you laugh at Scientologists.

God in Government: Religious Faith and a Sick Boy - On Faith at washingtonpost.com

Maybe "learning disability" does mean mental retardation in this kid's case.

Pretty sad.

They are both, according to another article I read. They don't feel the two sets of beliefs are in conflict.

really? hmmmm.... one is Christian and one is not....

you can't even be a mason if you are catholic?

makes no sense...they CAN'T be Catholic and belong to another religion or religious group...that does not believe in the same....at least that's my understanding?

really? hmmmm.... one is Christian and one is not....

you can't even be a mason if you are catholic?

makes no sense...they CAN'T be Catholic and belong to another religion or religious group...that does not believe in the same....at least that's my understanding?
What, you never heard of Cafeteria Catholics?

This sounds like a new age cult...but no, I don't think most church leaders would smile on their other beliefs.

Forum List

Back