Motorcycle backfiring causes Times Square panic

Aletheia4u

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2017
th
A backfiring motorcycle caused a brief panic and stampede in busy Times Square Tuesday night.

People started running, some into the streets, when the sounds were mistaken for gunfire shortly before 10 p.m. in the heart of the entertainment and retail district. A large group of motorcycles was passing through at the time.

Thousands of people were in the area when the panic started. There were reports that some people yelled "shooter" after the startling sound and that caused more panic. Some children were separated from their parents in the confusion.

th
th

th
A backfiring motorcycle caused a brief panic and stampede in busy Times Square Tuesday night.

People started running, some into the streets, when the sounds were mistaken for gunfire shortly before 10 p.m. in the heart of the entertainment and retail district. A large group of motorcycles was passing through at the time.

Thousands of people were in the area when the panic started. There were reports that some people yelled "shooter" after the startling sound and that caused more panic. Some children were separated from their parents in the confusion.

th
th
Don't make fun of New Yorkers.
They went thru some serious shit on 911.

Were we ever the land of the free or the home of the brave? Right now we`re neither of those things.

If you hear gunfire, hit the dirt. Don't run. Only an idiot runs. What a bunch of idiots.

th

th
th
Don't make fun of New Yorkers.
They went thru some serious shit on 911.
Only some of them did.

th

th
th

This is funny to you?

Hell I'd still hit the deck behind something that would stop a bulled. A car tire or engine.

I sure as hell wouldn't run and make a target of myself.

th

th
th

Hell I'd still hit the deck behind something that would stop a bullet. A car tire or engine.

I sure as hell wouldn't run and make a target of myself.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back