Mr. Cruz, are you effing kidding me? You're a hypocrite or you damn sure seem like one!

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
Sitting here listening to the "Super Tuesday" (ST)results I just heard that Mr. Cruz's Texas HQ/ST rally point is at the Redneck Country Club. Say what? Didn't I just yesterday hear Mr. Cruz and myriad others chide Mr. Trump for his equivocating remarks re: David Duke and the KKK/white supremacists during an interview with Jake Tapper on CNN?

Did the meaning and implications of of "redneck" literally change over the past two days? The club is not located in a town called "Redneck;" it's in Stafford, TX, which is just outside of Houston. I am "half Southern." My father's side of the family are all from the Mississippi Delta region. I know plenty of rednecks and see plenty of them each time I visit my kin Down South. I realize that one can conceivably be a redneck and not necessarily be an overt racist, and I was born in the mornin', but not this mornin'.

Someone please tell me how Mr. Cruz, or anyone for that matter, can with any degree of legitimate integrity choose a place called the Redneck Country Club as his TX rally point and expect to be believed when he chided Mr. Trump re: his remarks on CNN?

Come the f*ck on! It is what it is if one sympathises with rednecks. One may even empathize with them; that too is what it is. But Jesus H. Chist, friggin' own it. I've really had it with this "toeing the line" crap! If one, a political candidate, has a clear set of principles, tell us what the hell they are and stick to them. If one doesn't have any clear set of principles, tell us that too, but again, own it.

I can stand mature and intelligent adults changing their mind/principles once in a blue moon, but I expect one to also wholly own both one's former view and not run from or "spin" the fact that it was one's former view. But every time I turn around I discover something else one of the current candidates used to stand on -- maybe last year, maybe last decade, maybe last weekend -- and now it's something else...No! Just no! One needs also to own why one changed it and why one has "seen the light," as it were, and one must own their new view as well.

I'm sorry. I just have little tolerance for this BS, wishy washy "spin" I keep seeing from this election cycle's candidates. "I used to think this, but now this and that, and so and so, and the dog at my homework, and who struck John....," I just don't have patience or respect for that sh*t. Unless one is going to tell me that one was, in that former time, dumber 'n' a box o' rocks, I'm just not buying it at the rate it comes flowing from these candidates. No way; no how!

Last edited:
Yo, you dummies are so picky? Redneck Country Club? It`s Texas, You Don`t Mess With Texas!!!

"GTP"
emoji_murder.png

Yo, you dummies are so picky? Redneck Country Club? It`s Texas, You Don`t Mess With Texas!!!

"GTP"
View attachment 65501

Cruz is a Canadian and not a True Texan.

Do you know the difference between a Yankee and a Damn Yankee?

A Yankee goes home but a damn Yankee stays!

Cruz was born in Canada, and his father was born in Cuba, and his mother is from Delaware, so the freak is a Canadian that need to go home and stop polluting Texas with his Canadian hot air!

Sitting here listening to the "Super Tuesday" (ST)results I just heard that Mr. Cruz's Texas HQ/ST rally point is at the Redneck Country Club. Say what? Didn't I just yesterday hear Mr. Cruz and myriad others chide Mr. Trump for his equivocating remarks re: David Duke and the KKK/white supremacists during an interview with Jake Tapper on CNN?

Did the meaning and implications of of "redneck" literally change over the past two days? The club is not located in a town called "Redneck;" it's in Stafford, TX, which is just outside of Houston. I am "half Southern." My father's side of the family are all from the Mississippi Delta region. I know plenty of rednecks and see plenty of them each time I visit my kin Down South. I realize that one can conceivably be a redneck and not necessarily be an overt racist, and I was born in the mornin', but not this mornin'.

Someone please tell me how Mr. Cruz, or anyone for that matter, can with any degree of legitimate integrity choose a place called the Redneck Country Club as his TX rally point and expect to be believed when he chided Mr. Trump re: his remarks on CNN?

Come the f*ck on! It is what it is if one sympathises with rednecks. One may even empathize with them; that too is what it is. But Jesus H. Chist, friggin' own it. I've really had it with this "toeing the line" crap! If one, a political candidate, has a clear set of principles, tell us what the hell they are and stick to them. If one doesn't have any clear set of principles, tell us that too, but again, own it.

I can stand mature and intelligent adults changing their mind/principles once in a blue moon, but I expect one to also wholly own both one's former view and not run from or "spin" the fact that it was one's former view. But every time I turn around I discover something else one of the current candidates used to stand on -- maybe last year, maybe last decade, maybe last weekend -- and now it's something else...No! Just no! One needs also to own why one changed it and why one has "seen the light," as it were, and one must own their new view as well.

I'm sorry. I just have little tolerance for this BS, wishy washy "spin" I keep seeing from this election cycle's candidates. "I used to think this, but now this and that, and so and so, and the dog at my homework, and who struck John....," I just don't have patience or respect for that sh*t. Unless one is going to tell me that one was, in that former time, dumber 'n' a box o' rocks, I'm just not buying it at the rate it comes flowing from these candidates. No way; no how!

Cruz staff cheated in Iowa, and now Cruz is claiming he won three states but the reality is he won two and cheated in one.

Cruz is a Canadian ( yes his mother was born here, but his father was born in Cuba ) and not a true Texan.

Cruz is a religious nutter and will be out after the March 15th date because no one will support that charlatan outside Texas and Oklahoma...

"GTP"
View attachment 65501

I don't need to "mess with Texas." There are plenty of country clubs in Texas if that's the sort of venue he wanted to use. The Dallas Country Club is in Texas; it's even located in a heavily (75%+) Republican part of Texas. The Houston Country Club is in, well, surprise, Houston. Either would have surely been just fine and certainly a better pick than one named Redneck Country Club. The optics of that name are just "too much for daytime television!" At least for a political candidate who just two days prior was on an "inclusiveness" rant.

"GTP"
View attachment 65501

Cruz was born in Canada, and his father was born in Cuba, and his mother is from Delaware, so the freak is a Canadian that need to go home and stop polluting Texas with his Canadian hot air!

Yo, where was Hillary from? And where did she run for the Senate? Take a long break? You need it!

"GTP"

"GTP"
View attachment 65501

Yo, where was Hillary from? And where did she run for the Senate? Take a long break? You need it!

"GTP"

The conversation is about Ted Cruz, and let be factual the Canadian only chance is cause a brokered convention and even then he has no chance of winning the nomination.

Maybe you should take your own advice because you seem to be confusing Hillary Clinton for Ted Cruz. True they are both ugly, full of themselves and lunatics that should never be allow to be President, but still the thread is about Cruz and not Clinton...

Do you Get the Point?

Is it "members only"?

Is what "members only?"

The "country club"

Like many private country clubs, they are except when they aren't. For example:
When they aren't, as the Congressional Club's story illustrates, is at the members' discretion. As for Dallas, I truly don't think the club would have even needed to invite the general public in for the event in order to have enough folks to fill the venue with Cruz supporters. That notwithstanding, Redneck Club isn't the only public club/course in Texas.

Is it "members only"?

Is what "members only?"

The "country club"

When they aren't, as the Congressional Club's story illustrates, is at the members' discretion.

So, it is an actual country club, called the Redneck Country Club? That is regrettable.

Is it "members only"?

Is what "members only?"

The "country club"

When they aren't, as the Congressional Club's story illustrates, is at the members' discretion.

So, it is an actual country club, called the Redneck Country Club? That is regrettable.

Oh, you were asking me about the Redneck Country Club. I don't know much of anything about that place. I know only what's on the website to which I linked and that the name is truly the name. I thought you were asking about the two other clubs I mentioned as alternatives. I mentioned those two, although damn near any other would do just as well, because they have relatively nondescript, non-polarizing names. They do happen, however, to also be very nices places to hold events.

Is it "members only"?

Is what "members only?"

The "country club"

Oh, you were asking me about the Redneck Country Club. I don't know much of anything about that place. I know only what's on the website to which I linked and that the name is truly the name. I thought you were asking about the two other clubs I mentioned as alternatives. I mentioned those two, although damn near any other would do just as well, because they have relatively nondescript, non-polarizing names. They do happen, however, to also be very nices places to hold events.

It appears from their website that the Redneck Country Club is a membership organization; however, insofar as one can join via an online form, I'd say its a private club in name only, if even that. It also seems as though they lack a golf course, but they obviously have what ostensibly might be called a clubhouse.

Well, it may not be the KKK but it also doesn't seem like a place where people with dark skins would feel comfortable. I'm not sure what kind of message Ted was trying to send with this choice of venue.

How is this in CDZ? The title, alone, is dirty.

Off Topic:
You will find your answer here: Guidelines for the Clean Debate Forum .

Yeah. I've been smacked down in CDZ for far less. By the way, are rednecks less than human? Even the Democrat rednecks? Bill Clinton is a redneck, for instance.

Bill Clinton: I’m Hillary’s ‘Token Redneck At The State Fair’

You are clearly using the term in a derogatory manner ... as a slur. There are other issues with your post that would get it moved, but it is moot.

P.S. It wasn't me who reported it.

Forum List

Back