Mr. Trump's Latest Totally Nonsensical Defense on Criminal Trial in NY

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Donald Trump, speaking to the media after leaving court this afternoon, railed against the criminal trial, describing it as “nonsense” and a “real disgrace”.

Speaking about the gag order, for which he was fined $9,000 for violating by the judge, Trump said it was “totally unconstitutional”, adding:

"I’m the Republican candidate for president of the United States … And I’m sitting in a courthouse all day long listening to this stuff."

Why do I say it's nonsensical? Because I don't believe even his legal team is making those arguments in court. Would they file a paper saying a gag order is unconstitutional? Mr. Trump is a political candidate. He isn't an elected official serving in office as this trial goes on. He says he's listening to stuff? Stuff?!

He's listening to a trial that he is a criminal defendant in. Good gawd, the spin and narratives for public consumption are crazy. I wonder if he's hoping he can corrupt a member or two of the jury with his nonsensical public statements, which are not legal arguments. They are political ones. And politics has no place in our judicial system during a criminal trial. Mr. Trump makes his political statements outside of the courtroom. Let us hope any member of the jury is not influenced somehow by his gibberish, posing as a legal argument.

And politics has no place in our judicial system during a criminal trial. Mr. Trump makes his political statements outside of the courtroom. Let us hope any member of the jury is not influenced somehow by his gibberish, posing as a legal argument.
Yes, let us hope the jury is not influenced by political statements and propaganda outside the courtroom, like the 146,000,000 stories on google.
1714517281529.png

Donald Trump, speaking to the media after leaving court this afternoon, railed against the criminal trial, describing it as “nonsense” and a “real disgrace”.

Speaking about the gag order, for which he was fined $9,000 for violating by the judge, Trump said it was “totally unconstitutional”, adding:

"I’m the Republican candidate for president of the United States … And I’m sitting in a courthouse all day long listening to this stuff."

Why do I say it's nonsensical? Because I don't believe even his legal team is making those arguments in court. Would they file a paper saying a gag order is unconstitutional? Mr. Trump is a political candidate. He isn't an elected official serving in office as this trial goes on. He says he's listening to stuff? Stuff?!

He's listening to a trial that he is a criminal defendant in. Good gawd, the spin and narratives for public consumption are crazy. I wonder if he's hoping he can corrupt a member or two of the jury with his nonsensical public statements, which are not legal arguments. They are political ones. And politics has no place in our judicial system during a criminal trial. Mr. Trump makes his political statements outside of the courtroom. Let us hope any member of the jury is not influenced somehow by his gibberish, posing as a legal argument.
you worry to much about this bullshit dante....

Well if we the American people allow #45 to be locked up for doing what every president did before him we deserve to be abolished. We will be known as the pussy generation.

Yes, let us hope the jury is not influenced by political statements and propaganda outside the courtroom, like the 146,000,000 stories on google.
View attachment 940271
Stories on Google are not political campaign speeches and are not political statements made in ordet to sway any jury.

You people have become so warped, you now embrace Trump's Truths and Nonsense as Truth/Pravda. You are the Soviets of the 21st century

In a republic, gag orders are almost always totally illegal.
The only exceptions where gag orders can become legal, is when absolutely necessary, such as in the case of a minor, national security, etc.

When there is an election involved, no charges are supposed to be filed at all, and most certainly a gag order would be totally illegal.

The crazy TDS left leaks Trump's alleged defense but Trump is prevented from doing the same with a gag order. Welcome to the Banana Republic.
Anybody else found in contempt of court 10 times would already be sleeping in a jail cell each night and would be attending his trial evsry day in an orange jumpsuit with shackles on his wrists and ankles.
So if it's a bananna republic then Trump is certainly the beneficiary of it.

Well, Americans do have a first amendment right, don't they? Why is it the left can say everything bad they want about Trump but Trump isn't allowed to respond in kind?

Well, Americans do have a first amendment right, don't they? Why is it the left can say everything bad they want about Trump but Trump isn't allowed to respond in kind?
Trump is allowed to respond in kind. He is only forbidden from attacking witnesses and jurors. Pretty standard procedure.
You shouldn't believe much less quote everything this defendant says.
He's a pathological liar after all.

Trump is allowed to respond in kind. He is only forbidden from attacking witnesses and jurors. Pretty standard procedure.
You shouldn't believe much less quote everything this defendant says.
He's a pathological liar after all.
If they attack him, why can't he attack back?

If they attack him, why can't he attack back?
Who is "attacking" him?
The witnesses? Well, no. The witnesses are sworn under penalty of perjury to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
Is the defendant bound by the same rules when he opens his mouth to the press outside of court or when he tweets an all caps screed in the middle of the night?
No.
So you see it's not the same thing.
If be wants to "rebut" what is being said about him let him do it in court under oath just like them.

Forum List

Back