‘Mr. Wonderful’ slams Trump ruling: ‘You might as well find guilty every real estate developer on Earth’

Then, of course, you have the business relationships that form between lender and applicant. Obviously, TRUMP! had a stellar reputation for repaying loans fully and on time for the lender to just accept his valuation without asking New York haters what it should be.
Trump does not have a stellar reputation with banks. Deutsche Bank is one of the only institutions that wanted to do business with him, and that's even after he defaulted, sued them and got a bunch of the loan forgiven

Facts are facts. Fraud is fraud.

Trump lied to the bank to get a better deal. That's the definition of fraud.

Trump submitted values that the bank checked and negotiated with him on.

No one lost any money, and none of the banks have claimed fraud against them.

Trump does not have a stellar reputation with banks. Deutsche Bank is one of the only institutions that wanted to do business with him, and that's even after he defaulted, sued them and got a bunch of the loan forgiven

I believe Deutsche Bank is Russia's money laundering bank? so....it's standards aren't too high....?

Are we now saying the bank officers that loaned TRUMP! all that money without bothering to check on the value of the property he put up for collateral were monumentally stupid because they believed he would pay them back completely and on time (which, of course, he did)? Should they not then be fired from the bank for stupidity and malpractice? Either he had a stellar reputation, and they didn't think they needed to check on the property value, or he didn't and they checked and gave him the loan anyway, believing the property was as valuable as he said.

The bank didn’t check them. The bank thought Trump would submit accurate numbers.

Do you know why they thought that?

Because it’s illegal to submit false numbers.

Facts are facts. Fraud is fraud.

Trump lied to the bank to get a better deal. That's the definition of fraud.

There are only 2 people that made that call, the same 2 people who prosecuted him.

Appraisals and valuations are subjective, for as many people you could find to say a price was over inflated, you'll find just as many to find that they were right on target. You have zero knowledge of the business, all you 'know' is what a corrupted judge said in a corrupted trial. And it will be thrown out on appeal, so enjoy it while you can. :dunno:

The bank didn’t check them. The bank thought Trump would submit accurate numbers.

And nobody lost any money, no one was harmed, everyone got what they wanted from the loan/contract.

And you really think they didn't do their own due diligence?

You sound completely ridiculous, keep spewing the same bullshit, every time you do you look like loon. :cuckoo:

And that's why I'm saying that democrats may wish they had never opened this door. Going after someone for fraud when no damage was done and the practice is widely done could spawn a big backlash of DA's looking for a big payday for their states or scoring political hit points (which is what New York is doing).

And because TRUMP! had a solid reputation for paying back his loans on time (and he did pay it back fully and on time).

Let's be honest here, a bank loaning millions of dollars without either complete trust in the applicant or doing a strict analysis of the application, including the value of the offered collateral, is guilty of financial malpractice and somebody should be fired.

Not really.

My analogy would be you walk down a street full of drug dealers, and you knock on the doors and we go "we're checking your house for drugs".

Everyone knows Trump is as dodgy as hell. Going after him is done knowing full well he's guilty of plenty of crimes, you just need to figure out how to get him for them.

Like with Pablo Escobar, they knew he was a drug lord, but they couldn't get him for anything. So they went after him.

Your analogy would be "we can't go after Escobar, let him carry on doing what he does"

No, actually everyone does not know that. He's been the most heavily investigated person for the last 8 years, no other politician could withstand such scrutiny under an honest justice system. All you know is what the corrupt and vile 'media' have told you.

Are we now saying the bank officers that loaned TRUMP! all that money without bothering to check on the value of the property he put up for collateral were monumentally stupid because they believed he would pay them back completely and on time (which, of course, he did)? Should they not then be fired from the bank for stupidity and malpractice? Either he had a stellar reputation, and they didn't think they needed to check on the property value, or he didn't and they checked and gave him the loan anyway, believing the property was as valuable as he said.
The issue isn’t the property he placed as collateral but the financial condition of his overall organization.

The facts remain that Trump did not have a stellar reputation. The proof is that the bank required a personal guarantee.

I am not a fan of Donald Trump and think he is a scourge on our society, but I have had my doubts about this lawsuit. I have justified it in other threads, but struggled to do it, My early opinions were this lawsuit was much ado about nothing. The rationale for the AG lawsuit was Trump’s violation of the law under NYs civil fraud statute. I can understand the trepidation of the business community though because these type of violations may not be uncommon, especially in the real estate field. Of course, like everything with Trump, Trump was his own worst enemy. His attacks on the judge, his lack of contrition, and his own inept lawyers contributed to the size of the judgment.

And because TRUMP! had a solid reputation for paying back his loans on time (and he did pay it back fully and on time).

Let's be honest here, a bank loaning millions of dollars without either complete trust in the applicant or doing a strict analysis of the application, including the value of the offered collateral, is guilty of financial malpractice and somebody should be fired.
Sure, there’s plenty of reason to be critical of Deutsche Bank here.

But no one can claim that Trump always pays backs his loans, as I proved with his default on his loan for Trump tower in Chicago.

The banks never accused him of lying about anything, and they are supposedly the injured party.

No fraud was actually done on anyone.
The judge disagreed with you and his opinion is the only one that matters.
Besides, it is a moot point now. The judgement is in and even though Trump is really good at stringing his sheeple cultists along waiting for the next "big thing" ("BIG announcement....next week, VINDICATION....on appeal," ect.) this case doesn't have a chance of being successfully appealed.
The evidence is airtight and straightforward. There is zero room for doubt that NY laws were broken by The Trump Org. for decades.
Also look at the track record Trump has in this appellate court on this case.
Yeah....not good.
I don't even know why you MAGAts continue to circle-jerk here about this ruling.
You're not going to change or affect anything.
Trump lost.
Period.
End of story.
Deal with it, get over it, and move on.
In fact, get used to it.
He's going to be losing a LOT more in this upcoming year. If you are going to remain on the Trump Train then I guess you will be a loser too.
Enjoy!

Forum List

Back