MTP: Climate Change Discussion - no Deniers

And all we've heard from the warmers are models that have never ever been predictive,
Yeah? Yet observed temperatures are within predicted range.

fig-nearterm_all_UPDATE_2018-panela.png

Updated version of IPCC AR5 Figure 11.25a, showing observations and the CMIP5 model projections relative to 1986-2005. The black lines represent observational datasets (HadCRUT4.5, Cowtan & Way, NASA GISTEMP, NOAA GlobalTemp, BEST).
Comparing CMIP5 & observations | Climate Lab Book

clip_image004_thumb-3.jpg

Not the Poms' fault!!!

Greg

Watching Meet the Press. They have dedicated the whole hour to climate change. They have no deniers on the panel and as Chuck Todd correctly stated the science is long since settled. Now it is time to discuss solutions.

A recent poll shows even a majority of Republicans do not dispute anthropogenic climate change.
Opinion | More Republicans Than You Think Support Action on Climate Change

I applaud Meet the Press. Time to push deniers and their pseudo science to the curb or back into closet. Choose your metaphor. They are just standing in the way and are no more than obstructionists.

We need to discuss only solutions and adaptations.

That's funny. If the "science were settled" they shouldn't have any problem arguing facts with a denier. The fact that they aren't brave enough to do so tells me the science is far from settled. What you have just described, and endorsed, is propaganda pure and simple. I thought you were supposed to be able to think critically. People who can think critically aren't afraid of someone with an alternate position.
There are hundreds of threads debating the science. Debating the science is no more than noise now. Time to get to work on finding and debating solutions.

All I see are opinion pieces. I see no science. I am not a scientist, but I have a good grounding in how science works, and the one thing I constantly see from climatologists is a abandonment of the scientific method. That is troubling to me. It should be troubling to you too.

You see no such thing. Your lack of integrity concerns me. It should concern you too.

Settled science?
Clinate change deniers?
Lol what a thoughtless, retarded OP

Climate always changes, and has naturally, and drastically over Millennia.

Man Made Climate Change = Government HOAX, and SCAM.

Watching Meet the Press. They have dedicated the whole hour to climate change. They have no deniers on the panel and as Chuck Todd correctly stated the science is long since settled. Now it is time to discuss solutions.

A recent poll shows even a majority of Republicans do not dispute anthropogenic climate change.
Opinion | More Republicans Than You Think Support Action on Climate Change

I applaud Meet the Press. Time to push deniers and their pseudo science to the curb or back into closet. Choose your metaphor. They are just standing in the way and are no more than obstructionists.

We need to discuss only solutions and adaptations.

Hey Dumb Ass....

The climate has been changing since earth was a rock...…..

When Al Gore gives up his private jets, caravans of SUV's, multiple, huge mansions, and carbon footprint, I MAY believe him. Until then go efff yourself LIAR.

"The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t."

~Keven Trenberth; High Priest for the Tabernacle of Anthropogenic G̶l̶o̶b̶a̶l̶ ̶W̶a̶r̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ Climate Change

Screen+Shot+2012-08-21+at+7.53.31+AM.png

scientific consensus. .
Two words that are mutually exclusive....Science isn't up for a vote....Prove your hypothesis or STFU.
Some disconnected phrases that show you know nothing about science. Science doesn't do proof, it does evidence. Consensus is obtained when it's generally agreed the evidence presented supports the explanation given.
I know enough about linguistics to recognize deliberately deceptive language when I see it...."Consensus" is political, not scientific.

Here's a solution: prove your "science", positively quantify it, repeat it for all to see, show your static control model, and disprove all other possible counter-explanations.
Again, science does evidence, not proof. All you are doing is showing you know nothing of the scientific method.
I just stated several of the long-standing acid tests of scientific method, fool.....If it's anyone who knows nothing it's you.

I know enough about linguistics to recognize deliberately deceptive language when I see it...."Consensus" is political, not scientific.
It is the very foundation of scientific progress. Just like the scientific associations have a consensus about AGW they have a consensus about consensus. Deniers deny, it's what they do.

No worries, NZ has denied further permits to explore or survey for fossil fuels. It's a start.

I just stated several of the long-standing acid tests of scientific method, fool.....If it's anyone who knows nothing it's you.
You used the word 'prove'. It shows you know nothing about science. The words are 'evidence' and 'consensus'.

Forum List

Back