Mubarak Should Go and the Muslim Brotherhood Should NOT replace him

Mubarak, like most of the leaders we have supported in the middle east, is abusive of human rights and bad to his people in general. Our support of him, in itself, makes our country hypocrites as we say we stand for freedom and justice yet we have supported people like Mubarak, Saddam Hussein, and the old Sha of Iran.

This is why many in the middle east do not like America and we need to stop it now.

This is also why would also shouldn't support the Muslim Brotherhood people as they will just do to the egyptians what the Iatollah did to the Iranians.

Study history and learn from our experiences in the late 70's with Iran people. Lets not repeat the same mistakes all over again.

No I dont have the answer and no I don't know who should run egypt but I do know that backing either one of the two I mentioned would continue to make america look like the hypocrites we have been in the middle east for several decades now.

Sorry had to get that out of my head.

Let me know what you guys think....I want to hear especially from anyone who is from the middle east or has lived there....let me know how off or on base I am.

Maybe someday, someone will recognize that meddling in the affairs of other countries to fill the coffers of private companies..is nuts.

I really don't know. Would be nice to stay away as we have enough problems at home to deal with and yeah, seems to get us into trouble. Problem is, depending upon what happens with the Muslim Brotherhood, will we be in it already? And its not as if the President hasn't already made a speech about this anyhow - words mean something too. We'll see, I guess.

Also, just adding this - saw the link on Drudge.

Muslim Brotherhood wants end to Egypt-Israeli peace deal

Muslim Brotherhood wants end to Egypt-Israeli peace deal | World | RIA Novosti

In my opinion it's very likely the radicals will replace Mubarak and they will be much worse than him. Will we support them? That's a very interesting question. And i'm not sure what the answer is. I guess we'll see.

Muslim Brotherhood wants end to Egypt-Israeli peace deal

There's never been any doubt where they want to go, as they might have renounced violence as a political machination after being taken to task for their violence. But now they simply outsource their violence. When they finally gain control of a country, then we shall see their true works.

I said 'works', not 'words'. :eusa_shhh:

The hawk does not become a dove. It pretends to be a dove, but seen as a hawk.

Mubarak, like most of the leaders we have supported in the middle east, is abusive of human rights and bad to his people in general. Our support of him, in itself, makes our country hypocrites as we say we stand for freedom and justice yet we have supported people like Mubarak, Saddam Hussein, and the old Sha of Iran.

This is why many in the middle east do not like America and we need to stop it now.

This is also why would also shouldn't support the Muslim Brotherhood people as they will just do to the egyptians what the Iatollah did to the Iranians.

Study history and learn from our experiences in the late 70's with Iran people. Lets not repeat the same mistakes all over again.

No I dont have the answer and no I don't know who should run egypt but I do know that backing either one of the two I mentioned would continue to make america look like the hypocrites we have been in the middle east for several decades now.

Sorry had to get that out of my head.

Let me know what you guys think....I want to hear especially from anyone who is from the middle east or has lived there....let me know how off or on base I am.
Here's an answer from the Brookings Institution: (1/28/11)

"The prospect of change in Egypt inevitably raises questions about the oldest and strongest opposition movement in the country, the Muslim Brotherhood, also known as Ikhwan. Can America work with an Egypt where the Ikhwan is part of a transition or even a new government?

"The short answer is it is not our decision to make.

"Egyptians will decide the outcome, not Washington.

"We should not try to pick Egyptians' rulers.

"Every time we have done so, from Vietnam’s generals to Afghanistan’s Hamid Karzai, we have had buyer’s remorse.

"But our interests are very much involved so we have a great stake in the outcome.

"Understanding the Brotherhood is vital to understanding our options..."

Egypt 2011 and Iran 1979 are two vastly different countries. For Juan Cole's take on why the Brotherhood can't do to Egypt what the Ayatollahs did in Iran see: Why Egypt 2011 is not Iran 1979.

Dear Egyptians,

Please don't ruin the pyramids, we will not rebuild.

Sincerely,

The Jews

egypt_great_pyramids.jpg

There is zero evidence that the Jews contributed in any way in the construction of the pyramids.

There is zero evidence that the Jews contributed in any way in the construction of the pyramids.

Jews to Egypt: We refuse to rebuild the Pyramids

jews-wont-rebuild-the-pyramids-150x150.jpg

FS News has just learned that the Jews of Egypt and the surrounding countries have just announced that they will refuse to rebuild pyramids if they get destroyed by the violent protests wreaking havoc on Egypt in the last few weeks. The Jews also refused to allow their babies to be used as bricks and their walnuts to be used as mortar.

Lighten up Sunni Man. Really :razz:

It's the job of the federal government to support our interest around the world. The Shah was an ally which is why we supported him, if not us then the Soviets? We supported Mubaric because it was in our best interest to support him. He helped keep a fairly stable peace for 30yrs. Cater helped to broker a peace agreement with Egypt (one of the few good things he did) they make peace with Israel, Israel would return the Sinai, we give them financial aid simple as that. Plus we increased our influence in the region and again kept the Soviet influence at a minimum. As far as what should happen now? In my opinion the military should take over in the interim, to give all parties time to prepare for elections in the fall.

It's the job of the federal government to support our interest around the world. The Shah was an ally which is why we supported him, if not us then the Soviets? We supported Mubaric because it was in our best interest to support him. He helped keep a fairly stable peace for 30yrs. Cater helped to broker a peace agreement with Egypt (one of the few good things he did) they make peace with Israel, Israel would return the Sinai, we give them financial aid simple as that. Plus we increased our influence in the region and again kept the Soviet influence at a minimum. As far as what should happen now? In my opinion the military should take over in the interim, to give all parties time to prepare for elections in the fall.

Elections, LOL. When the result of your election is a George Soros installed puppet then it's hardly worth the turnout.

Never fear, the US is attaching strings to its new puppet as we speak.

WASHINGTON (AFP) – The United States is discussing a plan with Egyptian officials for President Hosni Mubarak to quit immediately and turn power over to a transitional government, The New York Times reported Thursday.

The report, which cited officials in President Barack Obama's administration and Arab diplomats, said the plan for an interim government headed by Vice President Omar Suleiman, aimed at getting backing from the Egyptian military.

Contacted by AFP, White House spokesman Tommy Vietor did not confirm the report but said: "The president has said that now is the time to begin a peaceful, orderly and meaningful transition, with credible, inclusive negotiations.

"We have discussed with the Egyptians a variety of different ways to move that process forward, but all of those decisions must be made by the Egyptian people," Vietor added.

Separately, a senior US official said, "It's simply wrong to report that there's a single US plan that's being negotiated with the Egyptians."

The report and the responses from US officials provide the first glimpse of intense behind-the-scenes diplomacy taking place in Washington and Cairo.

There have been a string of reported calls between top US officials and the Egyptian government, including between Vice President Joe Biden and Egyptian Vice President Omar Suleiman on Thursday.

US discussing plan for Mubarak to quit now: NYT - Yahoo! News

Last edited:
From Juan Cole's 2/4/11 post:

"Crowds have gone beyond the demand for the exile of the dictator to chanting for him to be arrested and put on trial for the murders and assaults on peaceful protesters.

"Meanwhile, the NYT reported Thursday evening that the Obama administration is talking to the Egyptian government with a view toward pressuring Mubarak to step down immediately in favor of his vice president, Gen. Omar Suleiman, former head of military intelligence, who should then oversee a transition to a more pluralistic system with representation for Egypt’s political parties.

"(Actually the Egyptian constitution says the speaker of parliament should step in if the president is incapacitated).

"Senators John McCain and John Kerry successfully sponsored a resolution in the Senate asking for Mubarak to step down.

"On Thursday, agents of the Mubarak regime had launched widespread attacks on journalists, in which 26 were beaten up and 30 were arrested, with 8 having their equipment seized.

"US cable news channels could no longer show live coverage.

"Egypt’s Ministry of the Interior, which oversees the country’s police and runs a network of neighborhood street gangs (baltagiya), is suspected by the US embassy of being behind the campaign against journalists, according to CNN.

"At one point on Thursday an Interior Ministry van was captured on video running protesters down.

"I have a deep fear that the breaking of cameras, the closure of Aljazeera’s offices, the attacks on and threats against international journalists, were intended to blind the world to a planned atrocity against innocent, peaceful protesters on Friday."

Obviously, it's time to get back to business in Egypt.
The ATMs are running out of money.
Mubarak has run out of time.
Hang him.

Elections, LOL. When the result of your election is a George Soros installed puppet then it's hardly worth the turnout.

Right now, the more moderate secular are not organized they need time. Which is why the elections should not happen untill the fall, of course in my opinion it would have been better to leave Mubarak in power backed by the military till the elections, but thats probably not going to happen at this point. We have to deal with the situation as it is.

In my opinion it's very likely the radicals will replace Mubarak and they will be much worse than him. Will we support them? That's a very interesting question. And i'm not sure what the answer is. I guess we'll see.

Well that is what happened in Iran in the late 70's, our "dictator" got ousted and the radicals took over.

It didnt work out so well for the people of Iran....if the same thing happens in egypt you will have israel and iraq surrounded on both sides by radicals from 2 seperate sects of islam who control large militaries.....it will be ugly and potentially lead to ww3.

I know that sounds crazy but its not as far fetched as I wish it was.

Bin Laden and his #2 Zawahiri were both members of The Muslim Brotherhood. What more does anyone need to know? They are not the "Moderates" the International Press is making them out to be. I make it a point to never believe the International Press. They are very biased & wrong for the most part. The U.S. Government will live to regret this intervening and creating this new Egyptian Government. Disastrous Blow Back will be the result. The Muslim Brotherhood are not "Moderates." Don't believe the hype.

So is IMAM Anjem Choudry who claims Bin Laden is the head.

HANNITY: Let me give you for example the Muslim Brotherhood's motto which is their motto today, "Allah is our objective. The prophet is our leader. The Koran is our law. Jihad is our way. And dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope. Allahu Akbar." Do you agree with that motto?

CHOUDARY: Yes. I mean, which Muslim would not agree with that. We do believe as Muslim that sovereignty and supremacy belongs to God. In fact, in the world today, there are two camps, one which believes that sovereignty belongs to man at the head which, you know, is the moment probably Barack Obama and the other one which believes that sovereignty belongs to God. At the head of that whether we like it or not, is Sheik Usama bin Laden.

CHOUDARY: The fact is, the Americans are the biggest criminals in the world today, they are bombing Muslims, they're occupying our land -- yes, I believe in the Sharia, I believe sovereignty belongs to God.

HANNITY: Thank you. Thank you.

CHOUDARY: And the Sharia will come to America and it will be implemented there --

HANNITY: -- and you believe in the virgins in heaven, don't you?

CHOUDARY: It will remove the corruption of democracy and freedom and all of your exploitation. You are worried because you know Islam is coming to your backyard.

Read more: Radical Imam's Warning to America: 'Islam Is Coming to Your Backyard' - FoxNews.com

HANNITY: Let me give you for example the Muslim Brotherhood's motto which is their motto today, "Allah is our objective. The prophet is our leader. The Koran is our law. Jihad is our way. And dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope. Allahu Akbar." Do you agree with that motto?

CHOUDARY: Yes. I mean, which Muslim would not agree with that. We do believe as Muslim that sovereignty and supremacy belongs to God. In fact, in the world today, there are two camps, one which believes that sovereignty belongs to man at the head which, you know, is the moment probably Barack Obama and the other one which believes that sovereignty belongs to God. At the head of that whether we like it or not, is Sheik Usama bin Laden.

CHOUDARY: The fact is, the Americans are the biggest criminals in the world today, they are bombing Muslims, they're occupying our land -- yes, I believe in the Sharia, I believe sovereignty belongs to God.

CHOUDARY: And the Sharia will come to America and it will be implemented there --

CHOUDARY: It will remove the corruption of democracy and freedom and all of your exploitation. You are worried because you know Islam is coming to your backyard.

Read more: Radical Imam's Warning to America: 'Islam Is Coming to Your Backyard' - FoxNews.com

And then there is your typical Christian.

Last edited by a moderator:

Regardless of the drivel spouted off by P F who wants both sides here, but only one on the Israeli/Palestinian side. His.

LMAO

Forum List

Back