Multiculturalism and Sharia

For a Christian nation, it's odd how how they never mentioned God? Oh wait, it isn't after all. Try to deal with that just as we deal with the fact that they were moatly Christian men, which still doesn't mean you can pass Christian laws.

Of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence, all of them were Christians:

Episcopalian/Anglican - 28
Congregationalist - 11
Presbyterian - 12
Quaker - 2
Unitarian/Universalist - 2
Catholic - 1

TOTAL - 56 - 100%

But you think these Christians created a secular document with the imposition of gay marriage/wedding cakes in mind....? :cuckoo:
They created a Secular Government. Now why is that?

Wisdom.

Of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence, all of them were Christians:

Episcopalian/Anglican - 28
Congregationalist - 11
Presbyterian - 12
Quaker - 2
Unitarian/Universalist - 2
Catholic - 1

TOTAL - 56 - 100%

But you think these Christians created a secular document with the imposition of gay marriage/wedding cakes in mind....? :cuckoo:
They created a Secular Government. Now why is that?
Wisdom.
That's not a bad answer actually. I'm quite pleased that coming from you.

.....you could say the Constitution is part of Christianity.....
Ah, no, you couldn't, unless you were a damn fool. The Constitution forms a Secular Government. There's no voting, no rights, no tolerance for other faiths, no election of who will lead the flock in Christianity. There is God, one God, above all others and thou shall serve no other unless thou likes it very, very warm.

my answer was to your question about what makes our system uniquely Christian...maybe this can explain it further...

So, where does the truth lie? There is no denying that the Enlightenment influenced the Founders, but does a partial influence make American political origins solely a product of the Enlightenment? To answer this and other questions we have asked, we must grapple with yet another: How much of the Constitution is derived from concepts of the Enlightenment and how much implies the Christian world view and a respect for natural law? A close reading of the Constitution lends any fair-minded reader to the inescapable conclusion: divorced from natural law and Christian principles, the Constitution would be utterly incomprehensible — a philosophical mish-mash devoid of cogent argument, compelling moral vision, or unifying principles.

However, the proof for this thesis is somewhat indirect because there are no Christian principles per se embedded in the Constitution: rather, the Constitution is embedded in Christianity. The Constitution does not declare principles, it provides for their implementation. It considers the principles on which America is founded so self-evident it does not even name much less defend them. In its short Preamble the Constitution briefly mentions, without defining, justice, general welfare and the blessings of liberty, clearly indicating that these are commonly accepted ends.

In fact, what is not in the Constitution is, in some ways, more interesting than what is. More interesting still are the presuppositions that these omissions suggest. I do not mean things already contained in the Declaration of Independence, but those that are not mentioned at all, things that might be considered truisms. But the problem with isms, as G.K. Chesterton once said, is that people forget that they are true. So, the truisms that the Constitution omits because it takes them for granted, can tell us much more about what the Founding Fathers intended than we might think. Indeed, the Constitution is implicitly Christian — in fact, I will argue — so deeply Christian — taking its Christianity so much for granted — that its framers felt no need to make their reliance on Christian tenets explicit.

The Truths They Held: The Christian and Natural Law Background to the Ameri

Shall we wager?
Anything you got...
Luckily for you I have everything I've ever wanted, save the eradication of ignorance.
But I work toward that case by case.
In your case, it is about to occur.
Second paragraph of Article VII.
Post it, please.
And never make that mistake again.
"Article. VII.

The Ratification of the Conventions of nine States, shall be sufficient for the Establishment of this Constitution between the States so ratifying the Same.

The Word, "the," being interlined between the seventh and eighth Lines of the first Page, the Word "Thirty" being partly written on an Erazure in the fifteenth Line of the first Page, The Words "is tried" being interlined between the thirty second and thirty third Lines of the first Page and the Word "the" being interlined between the forty third and forty fourth Lines of the second Page.

Attest William Jackson Secretary

done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names,..."

So, you think that's Jesus eh, and not proofreading, not edits to the existing document portions previously voted on?

Last edited:
Anything you got...
Luckily for you I have everything I've ever wanted, save the eradication of ignorance.
Post it, please.
"Article. VII.

The Ratification of the Conventions of nine States, shall be sufficient for the Establishment of this Constitution between the States so ratifying the Same.

The Word, "the," being interlined between the seventh and eighth Lines of the first Page, the Word "Thirty" being partly written on an Erazure in the fifteenth Line of the first Page, The Words "is tried" being interlined between the thirty second and thirty third Lines of the first Page and the Word "the" being interlined between the forty third and forty fourth Lines of the second Page.

done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names,..."

So, you think that's Jesus eh, and not proofreading, edits to the existing document portions not previously voted on?

One should never expect anything honorable from a Liberal...and sure enough, no 'you are correct' from you.

Of course, I am correct.

As you have posted, this, from Article VII of the United States Constitution:
"...the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven..."

A clear and unambiguouos reference to Jesus Christ.

Now....you may try to spin this.....Spin…altering the truth without altering the facts......but you cannot deny it.

Don't be a cur, admit you've learned something today.

Post it, please.
"Article. VII.

So, you think that's Jesus eh, and not proofreading, edits to the existing document portions not previously voted on?

One should never expect anything honorable from a Liberal...and sure enough, no 'you are correct' from you.

Of course, I am correct.

Now....you may try to spin this.....Spin…altering the truth without altering the facts......but you cannot deny it.

"Article VII

The Ratification of the Conventions of nine States, shall be sufficient for the Establishment of this Constitution between the States so ratifying the Same."

The Constitutional Convention met under the Government of the Articles of Confederation, which required unanimous assent of all 13 states to change any provisions of the Articles. Nevertheless, the Constitution mandated that the new government would go into effect when nine of the 13 states acted affirmatively.
U.S. Senate: Reference Home > Constitution of the United States

Show us your reference little one?

Last edited:
"Article. VII.

Of course, I am correct.

"Article VII

The Constitutional Convention met under the Government of the Articles of Confederation, which required unanimous assent of all 13 states to change any provisions of the Articles. Nevertheless, the Constitution mandated that the new government would go into effect when nine of the 13 states acted affirmatively."

Spin…altering the truth without altering the facts.

The following can be found in Article VII of every copy of the United States Constitution.

"Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independence of the United States of America the twelfth...."

Was I correct?

Of course, I am correct.

"Article VII

The Constitutional Convention met under the Government of the Articles of Confederation, which required unanimous assent of all 13 states to change any provisions of the Articles. Nevertheless, the Constitution mandated that the new government would go into effect when nine of the 13 states acted affirmatively."

The following can be found in Article VII of every copy of the United States Constitution.

"Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independence of the United States of America the twelfth...."

Was I correct?
Click on the link from the US Senate and tell us?

These funny people also have a nice version: http://constitutioncenter.org/constitution/full-text

Last edited:
Looks like PoliticalChic was correct about a direct reference to Jesus being embedded within Article VII of the US Constitution...

From the National Archives website...

--------------------

Article. VII.

done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names...

Transcript of the Constitution of the United States - Official Text

--------------------

The OFFICIAL transcript.

Something that had not come up on my scope - or not that had stuck in my tiny little brain, anyway - during earlier skimming through the document.

The phrase "In the year of our Lord", of course, refers to the measuring of the passage of years beginning with the (then, understood) birth year of Jesus, the perceived Son of God - an earthly manifestation of the godhead.

I would have been willing to bet against such content, based on my own soft-and-fuzzy recollections, until I went looking elsewhere, for myself.

Well waddya know...

How cool is that?
tongue_smile.gif

Live and learn.

Last edited:
"Article VII

Was I correct?

Was I correct?

Admit it, or everyone who goes to their copy of the Constitution will know what a lying dog you are.

Was I correct?

Was I correct?

Admit it, or everyone who goes to their copy of the Constitution will know what a lying dog you are.
You are right about the date that they signed it, and what was then common usage for designating the year. A contract to buy a slave would have had the same language. That's hardly the same as saying We are a Christian Nation, and the Constitution is perfectly valid without any mention of the Signers. They aren't required which is why the Senate doesn't include them, nor do most other copies of the Constitution.

As you see here: http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution, the Signers are not part of Article Seven.

Last edited:

Was I correct?

You were right about the date that they signed it, and what was then common usage for designating the year. A contract to buy a slave would have had the same language. That's hardly the same as saying We are a Christian Nation, and the Constitution is perfectly valid without any mention of the Signers. They aren't required which is why the Senate doesn't include them, nor do most other copies of the Constitution.

As you see here: U.S. Constitution | Constitution | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute, the Signers are not part of Article Seven.

So the Constitution includes a reference to Jesus Christ.

That is all I said.

"That's hardly the same as saying We are a Christian Nation..."

I never said it was.

Nicely done, Political Chic.

Such verbiage does not prove conclusively that the United States is a Christian nation, of course...

But it DOES prove that the cultural and spiritual and philosophical and moral framework of both the Founding Fathers and our nations' Charter documents were part and parcel of latter-day Secularized Christendom and a continuance and extension of the principles of the domain of Christianity...

Close enough for government work...

Take an extra chocolate chip cookie from the cooling tray for that one...
wink_smile.gif

Was I correct?

You were right about the date that they signed it, and what was then common usage for designating the year. A contract to buy a slave would have had the same language. That's hardly the same as saying We are a Christian Nation, and the Constitution is perfectly valid without any mention of the Signers. They aren't required which is why the Senate doesn't include them, nor do most other copies of the Constitution.

As you see here: U.S. Constitution | Constitution | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute, the Signers are not part of Article Seven.

So the Constitution includes a reference to Jesus Christ.

That is all I said.

"That's hardly the same as saying We are a Christian Nation..."

I never said it was.
The signing portion is not actually part of the Constitution. That's why the Senate disregards it.

Nicely done, Political Chic.

Such verbiage does not prove conclusively that the United States is a Christian nation, of course...

But it DOES prove that the cultural and spiritual and philosophical and moral framework of both the Founding Fathers and our nations' Charter documents were part and parcel of latter-day Secularized Christendom and a continuance and extension of the principles of the domain of Christianity...

Close enough for government work...

Take an extra chocolate chip cookie from the cooling tray for that one...
wink_smile.gif

Delicious!
So....you bake?

I believe we agree that this is not, nor was ever meant to be, a theocracy.

But any who doubt that it was based on a religious foundation is ignorant of the history of the nation.

Further...it is a gross mistake to forget and not write Judeo-Christian, giving full credit to the Old Testament.

After all, the Founders saw this nation as the new Israel.

"…the influence of the Exodus story on the ethos of the American Revolution. So powerful was this influence in 1776 that Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and John Adams suggested that the Great Seal of the United States should include an image of Moses leading the Israelites through the Red Sea. A different committee subsequently chose another image--a pyramid!

John Adams' 1776 description of the seal:
"Pharaoh sitting in an open chariot, a crown on his head and a sword in his hand passing through the Red Sea in pursuit of the Israelites: rays from a pillar of fire in the cloud, expression of the divine presence... Moses stands on the shore and extending his hand over the sea, causes it to overwhelm Pharaoh. Motto: Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."

An image of this seal was not produced until 1856 when in appeared in Harper’s New Monthly Magazine in an article by Benson J. Lossing (1813–1891).
The Great Seal of the United States

(picture at link)

After all, the Founders saw this nation as the new Israel.
Have you been listening to Barton again? That's nonsense. They knew the Bible well enough to know that Israel was for the Jews, who they weren't big on. They may have thought of America as A Shining City Upon A Hill but the New Israel is utter nonsense. Jews had zippo to do with founding this nation. We didn't even let them in in large numbers after WWII for the love of God.

Forum List

Back