Murdoch's News of the World hacks dead teenager's phone

but I very much doubt they're going to reveal it. Protection of sources is one of the few journalistic ethics that seems to be closely followed these days.

Thanks for that.... I was honestly looking for the original story, the one about the mysterious 'NYC cop' who claims to have been 'besieged' by journalists.

I'm skeptical about the Mirror - they are in direct competition with The Sun and the NotW as was... so they have an agenda to cast doubt on News Int. (And, there are rumors that The Mirror has, itself, come under suspicion.)

This is where I have a problem.... where the hell did the story come from?

This is from the original article in the Mirror. As you can see does not really say much.

The pair chatted behind closed doors as a former New York cop made the 9/11 hacking claim. He alleged he was contacted by News of the World journalists who said they would pay him to retrieve the private phone records of the dead.

Now working as a private *investigator, the ex-officer claimed reporters wanted the victim’s phone numbers and details of the calls they had made and received in the days leading up to the atrocity.

A source said: “This investigator is used by a lot of journalists in America and he recently told me that he was asked to hack into the 9/11 victims’ private phone data. He said that the journalists asked him to access records showing the calls that had been made to and from the mobile phones belonging to the victims and their *relatives.

“His presumption was that they wanted the information so they could hack into the *relevant voicemails, just like it has been shown they have done in the UK. The PI said he had to turn the job down. He knew how insensitive such research would be, and how bad it would look.

“The investigator said the *journalists seemed particularly interested in getting the phone records belonging to the British victims of the attacks.”

See, that's why I'm suspicious about it. It's 10 years since this happened. And he remembers exactly what newspaper? An accusation that 'journalists seemed particularly interested.....' just doesn't stand up. I need far more information to accuse anyone of doing something so heinous.

And... for the record... I would say the same thing no matter which media outlet was accused.

Thanks for that.... I was honestly looking for the original story, the one about the mysterious 'NYC cop' who claims to have been 'besieged' by journalists.

I'm skeptical about the Mirror
You've every reason to be. It is a part of the poorly-regulated British tabloid press. Question everything you read.

- they are in direct competition with The Sun and the NotW as was... so they have an agenda to cast doubt on News Int.
That too.
(And, there are rumors that The Mirror has, itself, come under suspicion.)
Well, there YOU go casting rumour and hearsay, I thought that was the preserve of the Left. There's been no statement from the police that they are investigating the Mirror in relation to phone hacking.

I'd guess it came from The Mirror's stringer in NYC, or a confidential informant that they have at the FBI. Of course, that's just speculation on my part.

No, actually, I don't. I don't see that Fox are guilty of anything. I do get that idiots on the left want Fox to be guilty but, so far, there has not even been an allegation of any wrong doing by anyone at Fox. I do get that the left see some opportunity to destroy a media outlet that they feel threatened by.... and I find that funny.

Well, lets see who gets arrested becuase of this Fox owning ass. His ideology and practices oozes Fox.

:eusa_whistle:

No one from Fox has been implicated, named, or even a vague suggestion (except from idiots on message boards getting all hyper while totally ignoring the facts) So,Yea, do let me know when someone who works for Fox News is CHARGED. Cuz, in this country, being arrested is not a guilty verdict.... well, not to anyone except the very stupid.

News flash for ya skippy.....Murdoch is the owner of fox so yes, Fox is implicated. You see, he ran the disgraced newspaper that did what it did and HE IS THE FUCKING OWNER OF ANOTHER "NEWS" organization. His ideologies for that news paper is what is running fox.

Damn, you will defend Murdoch to the death wont you.

Just stop being a damn hack. We get it.

Last edited:
Yea, and Gordon also claimed the Sun hacked his phone and published information about his kid's illness. Did not happen. Brown is on a crusade. No less a source.... :lol:

Gordon Brown may be many things, several of them negative, but a 'crusader' he is not, and has never been. He was not a popular PM but has never been accused of unethical behaviour. FWIW it was not Brown who claimed The Sun hacked his son's medical records, it was The Guardian, who retracted the claim and apologised less than 24 hours after it made it. It has taken News Intl. 8 years to admit to the extent of their poor journalism.

My point.... we just don't know enough to make many informed judgements. Idiot hacks on the left think I'm 'defending' Mudoch. I have never defended him.... or anyone else involved.... what I have done is challenged people who repeat speculation as fact.
But yet, you FALSELY claim, as a matter of fact, that Brown "is on a crusade."

Hack!

Gordon Brown may be many things, several of them negative, but a 'crusader' he is not, and has never been. He was not a popular PM but has never been accused of unethical behaviour. FWIW it was not Brown who claimed The Sun hacked his son's medical records, it was The Guardian, who retracted the claim and apologised less than 24 hours after it made it. It has taken News Intl. 8 years to admit to the extent of their poor journalism.

My point.... we just don't know enough to make many informed judgements. Idiot hacks on the left think I'm 'defending' Mudoch. I have never defended him.... or anyone else involved.... what I have done is challenged people who repeat speculation as fact.

Hack!

That's my opinion, based on his ranting and accusations towards The Sun with absolutely no evidence.

Hack!

Well, lets see who gets arrested becuase of this Fox owning ass. His ideology and practices oozes Fox.

No one from Fox has been implicated, named, or even a vague suggestion (except from idiots on message boards getting all hyper while totally ignoring the facts) So,Yea, do let me know when someone who works for Fox News is CHARGED. Cuz, in this country, being arrested is not a guilty verdict.... well, not to anyone except the very stupid.

News flash for ya skippy.....Murdoch is the owner of fox so yes, Fox is implicated. You see, he ran the disgraced newspaper that did what it did and HE IS THE FUCKING OWNER OF ANOTHER "NEWS" organization. His ideologies for that news paper is what is running fox.

:lol::lol:

Whenever I see a post of yours I hear Cher singing 'and when I'm sad, you're a clown'. Idiot.

Pointing out that common ownership does not constitute evidence of guilt by association is not defending Murdoch. I'm loving the humiliation of News Intl., but I'm not reading things into it that simply have no basis in fact or evidence. There is currently no evidence that FNC hacked into the phones of 9/11 victims. There may be some evidence to emerge, but it hasn't done so yet so... innocent until proven guilty.

You've every reason to be. It is a part of the poorly-regulated British tabloid press. Question everything you read.

- they are in direct competition with The Sun and the NotW as was... so they have an agenda to cast doubt on News Int.
That too.
Well, there YOU go casting rumour and hearsay, I thought that was the preserve of the Left. There's been no statement from the police that they are investigating the Mirror in relation to phone hacking.

I'd guess it came from The Mirror's stringer in NYC, or a confidential informant that they have at the FBI. Of course, that's just speculation on my part.

I work with the British media. I know exactly what these people are like. Tabloid journalists are some of the most amoral bastards I have ever had the misfortune to meet. When I said 'rumors', I mean I've had journalists tell me... but I don't take what they say too seriously either.

Last edited:

Pointing out that common ownership does not constitute evidence of guilt by association is not defending Murdoch. I'm loving the humiliation of News Intl., but I'm not reading things into it that simply have no basis in fact or evidence. There is currently no evidence that FNC hacked into the phones of 9/11 victims. There may be some evidence to emerge, but it hasn't done so yet so... innocent until proven guilty.

It's pointless explaining the facts to Zona, Marc, Chrissie or the drooling hordes. They don't give a shit about the victims of 9-11, Milly Dowler's family or anything else... there is no depth to which they will not sink in the forlorn hope of silencing Fox News.

I work with the British media. I know exactly what these people are like. Tabloid journalists are some of the most amoral bastards I have ever had the misfortune to meet. When I said 'rumors', I mean I've had journalists tell me... but I don't take what they say too seriously either.

But you just got irate about allegations that The Sun hacked Gordon Brown's medical records, without evidence. The rumours you are passing on in your posts are precisely the same thing; allegations without any evidence to support them.

See, that's why I'm suspicious about it. It's 10 years since this happened. And he remembers exactly what newspaper? An accusation that 'journalists seemed particularly interested.....' just doesn't stand up. I need far more information to accuse anyone of doing something so heinous.

And... for the record... I would say the same thing no matter which media outlet was accused.
Uhm, yeaaaah, riiiiiight. We believe you CalifornaGurl. *wink, wink* :rolleyes:

That too.

Excellent points Anda. As you can see, CG's really only interested in defending Rupert at all costs.

Aha...there you go again. Positioning yourself as the expert. The go-to person. You know, the one with the inside track. On account that you work with the British Media, you know "exaclty what these people are like." You've met the arrested police officer, etc.

You know...you really a piece of work.

:lol:

That's my opinion, based on his ranting and accusations towards The Sun with absolutely no evidence.

Let me repeat the point. Gordon Brown did NOT accuse The Sun of hacking into his son's medical records, The Guardian did.
All of a sudden the dumb RW broad's falling on the sword of her opinion. When JUST before she stated it as a matter of fact.

What amazes me about that individual is how the lies just SPEW from her lips so effortlessly.

*SMH*

It's pointless explaining the facts to Zona, Marc, Chrissie or the drooling hordes. They don't give a shit about the victims of 9-11, Milly Dowler's family or anything else... there is no depth to which they will not sink in the forlorn hope of silencing Fox News.
No hack. What is CLEAR for all of us to see is you will stop at NOTHING to defend a scum like Rupert Murdoch to the hilt.

But you just got irate about allegations that The Sun hacked Gordon Brown's medical records, without evidence. The rumours you are passing on in your posts are precisely the same thing; allegations without any evidence to support them.
Got her!

KA - POW!!!!!

kapow.jpg

News Corp. has lost approximately $7 billion in value since June 1.

Hack!
CaliforniaGirl neg repped me for busting her A$$ out.

CLASSIC!!! :lol: :lol:

There is a significant difference between a message board comment and the media reporting something as fact when it is not. And I don't do 'irate'. Please don't tell me how I feel, it makes you look stupid.

Hack!

Liar.

I negged you for lying.... again.

Hack!

Liar.

You are one of the biggest cotton-pickin' LIARS on this board.

You stated as a matter of fact that "Gordon is on a crusade"

It's plain and clear as day in black and white for all to see.

Stop LYING!!!

Liar.

You are one of the biggest cotton-pickin' LIARS on this board.

You stated as a matter of fact that "Gordon is on a crusade"

It's plain and clear as day in black and white for all to see.

Stop LYING!!!

What are you blabbering on about now?

I negged you because you lie.... constantly.

I haven't denied that comment about Brown, idiot boy.

Forum List

Back