Murdoch's News of the World hacks dead teenager's phone

I suggest we bookmark Chrissie's prediction about Fox News being 'finished' and see whether, this time next year, it has come true. I'll bet not.

The only way Fox would be "finished" is if Dear Leader sends troops in to shut them down.

Even if Murdoch is destroyed financially, Fox will simply be sold. It is the most profitable news service in the nation. It would take about 5 minutes for the sale to go through.

Yea, I'd say it's a pretty solid investment.

I'm entertained at the total lack of understanding by many about what is actually going on.

And.... the Met lost another senior police officer today. AC Yates resigned. Shame. This has got to be very bad for morale in the Force.

Hilarious how some in this thread seem to want Fox closed down on the basis of what happened at a British newspaper. And these same people are the first to scream freedom of speech in other circumstances. What's difficult to understand here? If a crime has been committed you go after the perps. You hunt them out and punish them. You don't close down the fucking organisation! And since when has a free press been a bad thing! :cuckoo:

I'm entertained at the total lack of understanding by many about what is actually going on.

And.... the Met lost another senior police officer today. AC Yates resigned. Shame. This has got to be very bad for morale in the Force.

This is shaping up as more of an indictment of the British press, than of Murdoch. Clearly this kind of crap is very widespread.

Good that arrests are starting, these acts should be taken seriously and punished to the full extent of the law.

This is shaping up as more of an indictment of the British press, than of Murdoch. Clearly this kind of crap is very widespread.

Good that arrests are starting, these acts should be taken seriously and punished to the full extent of the law.

It is. It just happens to be News Int in the spotlight.... at the moment. But, police investigations will probably spread out to papers outside of that company.

I dunno. If you had a family member that was killed on 9/11 and if someone hacked into your dead family member's cell phone and listened to messages between you and your family member, wouldn't you want them investigated? It's a violation of our constitutional rights - whether alive or dead.

What if they dug up the body and did experiments on them?

Because there is precisely the same amount of evidence supporting both claims - which is zero.

You shameless demagogues have not restraint, no ethics and no dignity.

Yep. Many of the left have abandoned morals for the sake of political point scoring. Nothing is more important... not the dead of 9-11, not our dead war heroes, and not a murdered child. Seriously, these people are sick.

With no evidence whatsoever they have created a drama using the victims of 9-11 as a weapon against Fox news.

If a crime has been committed you go after the perps. You hunt them out and punish them. You don't close down the fucking organisation! And since when has a free press been a bad thing! :cuckoo:

If the 'perps' are the organisation (there's such a thing as collective responsability and institutionalised malpractice) then you shut it down. The IRA was banned in the UK not just because of the actions of one or two individuals, but because of the collective action of the whole. It now emerges that the entire culture of the NotW was rotten, from the Fake Sheikh to Glenn Mulcaire to Rebekah Wade.

And since when has a free press been a bad thing! :cuckoo:
Since when has the press been free, and not the toy-thing of power-hungry plutocrats?

Since Murdoch titles account for about 30% of all UK newspaper sales, they are pretty much the same thing. What is really stretching to breaking point is the culture of press self-regulation - or rather, the lack of it. Statutory regulation is required, and quickly.

If a crime has been committed you go after the perps. You hunt them out and punish them. You don't close down the fucking organisation! And since when has a free press been a bad thing! :cuckoo:

If the 'perps' are the organisation (there's such a thing as collective responsability and institutionalised malpractice) then you shut it down. The IRA was banned in the UK not just because of the actions of one or two individuals, but because of the collective action of the whole. It now emerges that the entire culture of the NotW was rotten, from the Fake Sheikh to Glenn Mulcaire to Rebekah Wade.

And since when has a free press been a bad thing! :cuckoo:
Since when has the press been free, and not the toy-thing of power-hungry plutocrats?

Do you know where the accusation of Fox News hacking the phones of victims of 9-11 came from?

I dunno. If you had a family member that was killed on 9/11 and if someone hacked into your dead family member's cell phone and listened to messages between you and your family member, wouldn't you want them investigated? It's a violation of our constitutional rights - whether alive or dead.

Because there is precisely the same amount of evidence supporting both claims - which is zero.

Yep. Many of the left have abandoned morals for the sake of political point scoring. Nothing is more important... not the dead of 9-11, not our dead war heroes, and not a murdered child. Seriously, these people are sick.

With no evidence whatsoever they have created a drama using the victims of 9-11 as a weapon against Fox news.

What will be your reaction if it is proved that FNC has indeed been hacking the families of 9-11 victims? Will you still be blaming the Left for political point-scoring. It appears that you are engaging in exactly that behaviour right here.

The original allegations came from The Daily Mirror, but were deemed serious enough for the FBI to launch an investigation. You know, many of us are keeping up with this topic just as carefully as you are.

Last edited:

If there was no evidence supporting the fact that Murdoch's papers hacked illegally into cell phones on 9/11 victims and other victims, then why did he fold the UK's largest circulation paper, back out of a multi billion dollar media deal, take out full page ads in every single UK paper apologizing for everything and agree to testify, albeit reluctantly, in front of British Parliament? Also, why have two people from Socttland Yard resigned and why have his closest corporate allies, including the Publisher of the Wall Street Journal, resigned? In addition, one of his corporate allies was arrested yesterday!

For no evidence, this sure is a lot of weird behavior of none of this stuff actually happened....

But you're most likely a Christian Conservative and you most likely go to Church every Sunday so you're used to rejecting facts and believing in fairy tales.... :eusa_whistle:

What will be your reaction if it is proved that FNC has indeed been hacking the families of 9-11 victims? Will you still be blaming the Left for political point-scoring. It appears that you are engaging in exactly that behaviour right here.

Nope, I would happily see anyone responsible sent to prison. And I don't care what organization they are from.

My problem is that, try as I might (and I really have), I cannot find one source.

If there was no evidence supporting the fact that Murdoch's papers hacked illegally into cell phones on 9/11 victims and other victims, then why did he fold the UK's largest circulation paper, back out of a multi billion dollar media deal, take out full page ads in every single UK paper apologizing for everything and agree to testify, albeit reluctantly, in front of British Parliament? Also, why have two people from Socttland Yard resigned and why have his closest corporate allies, including the Publisher of the Wall Street Journal, resigned? In addition, one of his corporate allies was arrested yesterday!

For no evidence, this sure is a lot of weird behavior of none of this stuff actually happened....

But you're most likely a Christian Conservative and you most likely go to Church every Sunday so you're used to rejecting facts and believing in fairy tales.... :eusa_whistle:

Wait.

What?

You actually think that they shut NotW because they hacked the phones of victims of 9-11?

Really?

:lol::lol::lol:

If you're following this story closely you'll see that hacking the phones of 9/11 victims has had no part to play whatsoever in the closure of the NotW. That is not an issue because the NotW has not been accused of doing any such thing. What it has been accused of is of hacking into the voice-mail of Millie Dowler, a teenage murder victim in one of the highest-profile crimes of recent years. Please don't conflate issues of FNC with News Intl. until there is some evidence to link them. Common ownership does not constitute evidence of collusion or conspiracy.

Last edited:

If you're following this story closely you'll see that hacking the phones of 9/11 victims has had nothing whatsoever to influence the closure of the NotW. That is not an issue because the NotW has not ben accused of doing that. What it has been accused of is of hacking into the voice-mail of Millie Dowler, a teenage murder victim in one of the highest-profile crimes of recent years. Please don't conflate issues of FNC with News Intl. until there is some evidence to link them. Common ownership does not constitute evidence of collusion or conspiracy.

:clap2:

My main issue with this whole 'hacking the phones of the victims of 9-11' thing is that I cannot find an actual source. There's a whole bunch of media reporting it, and internet chatter... but where the hell is the actual source? Does anyone have an actual source for the original accusation?

If you're following this story closely you'll see that hacking the phones of 9/11 victims has had nothing whatsoever to influence the closure of the NotW. That is not an issue because the NotW has not ben accused of doing that. What it has been accused of is of hacking into the voice-mail of Millie Dowler, a teenage murder victim in one of the highest-profile crimes of recent years. Please don't conflate issues of FNC with News Intl. until there is some evidence to link them. Common ownership does not constitute evidence of collusion or conspiracy.

My main issue with this whole 'hacking the phones of the victims of 9-11' thing is that I cannot find an actual source. There's a whole bunch of media reporting it, and internet chatter... but where the hell is the actual source? Does anyone have an actual source for the original accusation?

Well, undoubtedly The Daily Mirror had a source,
The decision to investigate was made after US Representative Peter King, a Republican, wrote to FBI Director Robert Mueller demanding an investigation, said the official.

but I very much doubt they're going to reveal it. Protection of sources is one of the few journalistic ethics that seems to be closely followed these days.

If you're following this story closely you'll see that hacking the phones of 9/11 victims has had no part to play whatsoever in the closure of the NotW. That is not an issue because the NotW has not been accused of doing any such thing. What it has been accused of is of hacking into the voice-mail of Millie Dowler, a teenage murder victim in one of the highest-profile crimes of recent years. Please don't conflate issues of FNC with News Intl. until there is some evidence to link them. Common ownership does not constitute evidence of collusion or conspiracy.

By now, you will have gathered that facts like that don't matter to some partisan hacks who post here. Everything is spun into left right politics which are used to batter each other over the head with. Facts and truth? Lol! They're immaterial.

Now before you have a go and i now you will have all ready seen it. But the very first allegations where made in the Mirror. As for any evidence there is none its just states from sources that a New York cop was approached for information. Its this report that as kicked of the FBI investigation.

Cant post link but search for mirror 9/11 victims hacked. Was an article on 11/7/11

New update Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner John Yates resigns. We will have no one left soon to run police lol.

Last edited:

Well, undoubtedly The Daily Mirror had a source,
The decision to investigate was made after US Representative Peter King, a Republican, wrote to FBI Director Robert Mueller demanding an investigation, said the official.

but I very much doubt they're going to reveal it. Protection of sources is one of the few journalistic ethics that seems to be closely followed these days.

Thanks for that.... I was honestly looking for the original story, the one about the mysterious 'NYC cop' who claims to have been 'besieged' by journalists.

I'm skeptical about the Mirror - they are in direct competition with The Sun and the NotW as was... so they have an agenda to cast doubt on News Int. (And, there are rumors that The Mirror has, itself, come under suspicion.)

This is where I have a problem.... where the hell did the story come from?

Now before you have a go and i now you will have all ready seen it. But the very first allegations where made in the Mirror. As for any evidence there is none its just states from sources that a New York cop was approached for information. Its this report that as kicked of the FBI investigation.

Cant post link but search for mirror 9/11 victims hacked. Was an article on 11/7/11

New update Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner John Yates resigns. We will have no one left soon to run police lol.

And that's my real issue. Who the hell is this NYC cop? And why are the media not getting interviews with him? He could make a fortune out of this.

Thanks for that.... I was honestly looking for the original story, the one about the mysterious 'NYC cop' who claims to have been 'besieged' by journalists.

I'm skeptical about the Mirror - they are in direct competition with The Sun and the NotW as was... so they have an agenda to cast doubt on News Int. (And, there are rumors that The Mirror has, itself, come under suspicion.)

This is where I have a problem.... where the hell did the story come from?

This is from the original article in the Mirror. As you can see does not really say much.

The pair chatted behind closed doors as a former New York cop made the 9/11 hacking claim. He alleged he was contacted by News of the World journalists who said they would pay him to retrieve the private phone records of the dead.

Now working as a private *investigator, the ex-officer claimed reporters wanted the victim’s phone numbers and details of the calls they had made and received in the days leading up to the atrocity.

A source said: “This investigator is used by a lot of journalists in America and he recently told me that he was asked to hack into the 9/11 victims’ private phone data. He said that the journalists asked him to access records showing the calls that had been made to and from the mobile phones belonging to the victims and their *relatives.

“His presumption was that they wanted the information so they could hack into the *relevant voicemails, just like it has been shown they have done in the UK. The PI said he had to turn the job down. He knew how insensitive such research would be, and how bad it would look.

“The investigator said the *journalists seemed particularly interested in getting the phone records belonging to the British victims of the attacks.”

Forum List

Back