Musharraf resignation: Good or Bad?

Actually, I always said Pakistan shouldn't have nukes because it was unstable. That has nothing to do with "freedom" and "democracy". Has to do with safety. And I don't think I've ever been one of those who said we had anyu business "spreading democracy" by blowing up things.

So keep your issues straight. You think fundie psychos having nukes is a good thing?

You're right, Jill, Pakistan shouldn't have nukes. Neither should Iran, or India. And neither should Israel, China, France, Russia, the UK, or the US for that matter. So, it's good you say that Pakistan shouldn't have nukes, cuz you're right. And yeah, I didn't take you as the blow things up for democracy types, but that's the line of reasoning that the rest of the world takes issue with. Maybe it's because of the overuse of the word "Democracy" in US foreign policy speeches. But democracy when? NOT Democracy in Iran in 1953, no democracy in Guatemala in 1954, no Democracy in Chile in 1973, certainly no democracy in Nicaragua in 1984. No democracy for South Africa, virtually all of Latin America, or Indonesia. Ah, but certainly democracy in the Eastern Bloc was a top priority. What about democracy in Iraq? No, not before 1991. NOW democracy in Iraq, not then.

Obviously I don't want fundamentalists to have the bomb. But you have to ask WHY would the pakistani people elect fundamentalist radical fringe candidates? No people is NATURALLY bound to elect fringe radicals, SOMETHING causes it. Cause and effect. The Germans weren't SPECIFICALLY or ethnically predisposed to vote for ultra-right fascists, SOMETHING caused that reaction among the German population (discussion for some other time). If you really have an issue with security, then don't treat this event as some tragedy because the tyrant was an ally, support and nurture the emerging democracy, give aid, show the world that it's not a bad thing to democratize. Don't ANTAGONIZE democracy. It doesn't make any sense.

Hey, you're worried about the evil doers getting nukes ..not me, Bush saved us, remember?

You aren't worried about evil people getting nukes???? That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I am seriously dumbfounded at the amount of people who dont seem to have a problem with Muslim extremists, who have no problem killing themselves to reach their goals, obtaining nuclear weapons. It's freaking insane.

They have lived so long in a protective bubble they have lost sight of the fact that there are factions of good and evil in the world...not everyone is equal in intent, not everyone is justified in their actions, and not everyone can be reasoned with. They think so highly of themselves that they just can't believe that anyone would want to hurt them without valid cause, and so they assume that the people who are being targeted have done something, somewhere down the road, that makes them deserve being targeted.

They leave themselves out of the equation because they have never had to worry about being nuked themselves, and because they sympathize with the enemy, who they think actually cares and will leave them alone if they just placate them in word and deed.

They're elitist jerks who have had all sense of right and wrong bred out of them, who think they are above such matters, and who refuse to accept a reality which has not touched them yet, thanks to the deaths of those who fight to protect them.

They're pieces of shit.

Or perhaps we just don't live in fear.

I'm pretty confident that the terrorists aren't ever going to have much success. And frankly, the fear factor of the average American probably is more harmful.

Or perhaps we just don't live in fear.

I'm pretty confident that the terrorists aren't ever going to have much success. And frankly, the fear factor of the average American probably is more harmful.

It's not an issue of fear. It's an issue of common sense. Most people don't put guns to their head and pull the trigger. That's not because they are afraid. They just aren't stupid.

It's not an issue of fear. It's an issue of common sense. Most people don't put guns to their head and pull the trigger. That's not because they are afraid. They just aren't stupid.

Exactly!

And furthermore, most people don't shove broomsticks up their asses either. That's not because they're afraid. They just aren't stupid.

Exactly!

And furthermore, most people don't shove broomsticks up their asses either. That's not because they're afraid. They just aren't stupid.
I'm afraid to do that. Heck, I'm afraid to hold a gun to my head and pull the trigger.

:rofl:

Don't worry, Ravi. Your brain is so small the chances of actually hitting it are slight.

You aren't worried about evil people getting nukes???? That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Of course I am, I was being a smartass and ridiculing the BUsh crowd. They claimed they wiped out AlQeada and the world is safe because of their illegal invasion of Iraq.
The point is..we invaded the wrong country..helloooooo anyone home?

AllieBaba
They're elitist jerks who have had all sense of right and wrong bred out of them, who think they are above such matters, and who refuse to accept a reality which has not touched them yet, thanks to the deaths of those who fight to protect them.

They're pieces of shit.
Uh huh, sure silverspoon, when's the last time you took a bullet for your country coward? What's funnier yet? A silverspoon coward who never worked a day in his life calling someone an "elitist". Bush and his silverspoon pirate club is the perfect example of "elitism"
Those so called deaths of our troops was for your fucking tax break, didn't have a dam thing to do with making this country safe.
I'm tired of spindoctors, liars and silverspoons using the deaths of our troops to hype thier bullshit propaganda and defend the Bush war of lies. ..if we're so safe (like McCain and Bush say) then why does Iran and Pakistan pose a threat asshole?

Last edited:
Omg, are you actually calling ME "silverspoon"?
My dad and all my uncles are veterans of foreign wars, from WWII to Korea. My son is in the Nat'l Guard, I have one cousin who's a SEAL and another who's I can't remember what, something interesting and higher ranking. My brother was in the Navy, my other brother tried to serve but couldn't because he had a damaged ear drum.

I've worked since I was 9 years old, and hard. I spent a year in a STUDIO APARTMENT with my mother and brother when I was 16, because she was a single (working) mom who didn't get child support. I've raised 2 boys by myself, I'm raising two more now.

I've worked in juvenile detention, courtside and lockdown. I've worked in a jail, I've worked in treatment, and I've worked in a nursing home. I've managed group homes for diminished capacity predatory and opportunistic sex offenders, and I'm a welfare case worker now. In between, I've worked as a legal secretary, short order cook, a waitress, a bartender, and a newspaper reporter.

So what kind of hard work have you done, elitist piece of shit? Did you attend college? Did you support your children while attending college, by yourself, without benefit of child support or a monthly subsidy from mommy and daddy? Have you ever worked beside or assisted illegal aliens, the diseased, the mentally ill, the criminally insane?

How can anyone argue this is bad? A military tyrant has been deposed by his own population today. 'Democracy' has been restored. This is seriously good news.

Good for the people Pakistan, perhaps.

Probably not so good for American interests in the region though.

We can't count of the will of the Pakistani people, I think.

Believe it not we might not be all that well liked by your average Paki Abdul Bagodonuts.

AllieBaba
Omg, are you actually calling ME "silverspoon"?
Yep and your whole family, why else are you on the net and hyping a bunch of bullshit for a tax break and defending the filthy rich.

My dad and all my uncles are veterans of foreign wars, from WWII to Korea. My son is in the Nat'l Guard, I have one cousin who's a SEAL and another who's I can't remember what, something interesting and higher ranking. My brother was in the Navy, my other brother tried to serve but couldn't because he had a damaged ear drum.
Yawn, somehow I expected such a response, at least you're not saying you're a disabled vet from Iraq like alot of the silverspoon neocons do, I swear these liars have no limits. So then, you more than anyone should be repulsed the way Bush and his pirates have used our troops for personal gain.

I've worked in juvenile detention, courtside and lockdown. I've worked in a jail, I've worked in treatment, and I've worked in a nursing home. I've managed group homes for diminished capacity predatory and opportunistic sex offenders, and I'm a welfare case worker now. In between, I've worked as a legal secretary, short order cook, a waitress, a bartender, and a newspaper reporter.
Well then, that would explain why you stand up and fight for the filthy rich who are depriving the working class of a normal life and are raping them of their wages..now I get it.

So what kind of hard work have you done
Like I'd tell a liar like you, silverspoon, so you can ridicule and mock it.
I don't believe a fucking word you type, you contradict yourself by your own statements.

Well none of that made any sense, but thanks for the insight into your lack of character.

Like I said, your contradictory statements speak for your character. You're right, they make no sense or you're a liar.

Last edited:
ooookaaayyy...
Are you on medication or something? Do you think maybe you should be?

I shall assume from your embarassed silence that you do not work for a living, or at least you don't work very hard. And anyone who can read can see you're an elitist, and someone who despises the truth.

I feel sorry for you. You have a lot of hate built up for Americans, don't you? You do realize that unreasoning hatred is a sign of mental illness, right? I wonder..will you be one of the hordes who have nervous breakdowns (again) when the dem candidate loses the presidency?

Forum List

Back